Team non-Steel

Ok so, the name is kinda stupid, but i really don´t have anything capable of resisting an Outrage or another Dragon type move lol. I made this team based on the core of Jolt + Gyara, because i really love both, and they´re really great. Here´s the team, hope you like it guys:

The Lead

Machamp (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: No Guard
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd / 12 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- DynamicPunch
- Ice Punch
- Payback

Why this Lead: Machamp can destroy a lot of leads, and even kill one more guy with luck. With Confusion hax, this guy can easily eliminate focus Sash leads like Aerodactil or Weavile, because Machamp have the combination: Dynamic Punch + Bullet Punch. Leads that gave problem to Machamp are leads with trick, such as Uxie or Jirachi, and with guys with Counter + Focus Sash like Gengar and Weavile.

Bulky Dragon Dance

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 156 HP / 72 Atk / 96 Def / 184 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang

Why Gyarados: Gyarados have a really good type coverage (Water + Flying) and with Intimidate, he can do a lot of troubles against guys who tris to do something to the weak Jolteon´s defense, and in the switch, i can set up one or two Dragon Dance, and start with a durable sweep thanks to Leftovers, and to the Bulky EV´s. Like i said before, that guy is here to pair with Jolteon.

Sweeper + Rapid Spin

Starmie @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Beam

Why Starmie: That´s my Rapid Spiner, but that one is a rapid spiner + sweeper. Starmie can force a lot of switchs, and in that switches, i can rapid spin, and then just Sweep. Hydro Pump instead of Surf, because i need power on this thing, because she´s already fast, so i need Hydro Pump. Starmie can help me defending Tyranitar from Fighting attackers, like Infernape, and i can take a Close Combat from Infernape, and then i´m faster, so i just need to Hydro Pump and kill it.

Sweeper + Boost Sp. Attack

Jolteon (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Charge Beam

Why Jolteon: This guy really helps me, and when some pokemon is weak, and Jolteon can outspeed, i just go on the Charge Beam praying for the Sp. Attack boost, and the just Thunder Bolt or Shadow ball or Hidden Power Grass the Pokemon who switchs in. Choice Scarf can stop with this Sp. attack boost, if goes one the EQ instead of U-Turn. Jolteon is very usefull, because if something tries to make an Electric attack against Gyarados, i put that guy to absorb it, and regain health if necessary.

Choice Scarf Sweeper

Flygon (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- U-turn
- ThunderPunch

Why Flygon: I need something who can avoid Ground moves, and Elec too, if Jolteon goes down, and with it´s good type coverage, and with powerfull STAB moves like EQ and Outrage + Choice Scarf, this guy is extremely good. This guy forces a lot of switchs, and in that switchs, i just U-Turn to another Pokemon who can take care of it. I always safe this for later, to when the oponent just have two weak pokemons, i choose that guy and i just spam Outrage.

Steel Resistant + DD + 3 Atacks

Tyranitar (M) @ Babiri Berry
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge

Why Tyranitar: When someone tries to Ice Beam (non STAB) Flygon, i just go on this guy, and he can hit with Sp. attacks like Ice Beam like a pro due to it´s amazing ability: Sand Stream.In the switch, like Gyarados, i just set up one Dragon Dance, and then, this guy is a little dificult to stop, and with Babiri Berry, i can hit with two Bullet Punch CB Scizor, and kill it with Stone Edge if he´s weak of course. The sweep can be stoped by guys with Mach Punch like Breloom or Infernape, and then i´m forced to switch into Gyarados or Starmie.

Conclusion: This team looks solid, but sometimes i have problems with Blissey when my phisical sweepers goes down. Blissey walls very well Jolteon, and in the switch sometimes she catch me and thunder wave me, or toxic. Zapdos can be a problem too if tyranitar goes down, my only hope is Starmie with Ice Beam, or if Zapdos is a Sp. wall, and if he´s weak, i just knock him down with Flygon. I really love that team, and i´m going to keep with that, but you can tell me what´s wrong, and what i can replace to make this team a good team :D Cya next time~

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Hello there!

Your team is pretty sound offensively, though there are some threats that will pose big threats to your team. First eyecatcher is the agiligross weakness, which is capable of outspeeding everything on this team after one agility, then proceeding to wreck everything with Earthquake, ThunderPunch, and Meteor Mash. Metagross can find an opportunity to set up using Flygon via Outrage or ThunderPunch. Considering that Agiligross will usually come in late game, most everything will be weakened to an extent, making the sweep even easier.

Your lead synergy is pretty wonky. Metagross ensures one kill per game with your team. Get up stealth rock turn one, take the dynamic punch, then go out with a boom. Nothing in your team takes an explosion. If you want to switch turn one, what will you go to? Nothing ohkos metagross in this team. If you are willing to lose your Tyranitar in order to take the Explosion only for it to be near useless late game, that's not a good move either. Against Choice Specs or Life Orb Heatran, all of your switch ins are going to be dented massively with no way of recovery. You lose against Choice Banded Azelf leads. Colbur azelf also proves to be problematic with this team in the sense that it gets rocks up easy and can explode in a similar manner to Metagross and cause massive damage.

The fact that you have no steel (as your name suggests) means that you are basically going to lose one pokemon if Dragonite gets a Dragon Dance, pretty easy to do so might I add thanks to Scarf Flygon. Getting pummeled by Mixnite isn't fun either. Also, your lack of a Steel has given you some issues with Shaymin, who can seed flare your team to death, forcing you to sacrifice something in order to force it out.

Lack of Stealth Rock as well can be a problem, especially considering Dragonite is a big threat to your team.

---

For all these problems, Heatran makes a good pokemon for this team, as it works in tandem with Machamp, give you Stealth rock, a response to Shaymin, and a dragon resist, 4 problems down with one pokemon. I'd advocate running it over Flygon whose job on the team was to double as an electric immune and ground immune for the team, but is a pretty disposable member if you can turn something else into a revenge killer for you.

That being said, changing Starmie to Scarf Starmie is a good idea to compensate for your agiligross weakness without changing too much in your team -- furthermore, it can act as as your lifesaver against agility empoleon, DD Dragonite, and much more that flygon used to be able to revenge.

Lastly, if you are really having problems with Zapdos and Blissey which you shouldn't considering you have Machamp and Jolteon respectively, consider scratching babiri tar for a regular Choice Band Tyranitar, which provides instant power, moreso than +1 babiritar because it doesn't need to run Jolly, as well as a reliable trapper against choiced threats or things that are generally annoying like a specs jolteon.

---

heatran @ shuca
naive 252 satk / 252 spe / 4 hp
fire blast / ep / boom or dragon pulse ( if you go dp then use timid) / sr

Starmie @ scarf
hpump/ice beam/tbolt/trick or spin

tyranitar @ band
stone edge / crunch / eq or aqua tail / pursuit

The choice between boom and dp is if you really feel mixnite is way too overpowering for your team to handle and you absolutely need a surefire way to beat it without the boom, though boom is usually the better option. EQ or Aqua Tail on Tyranitar is a decision between hitting hippowdon and gliscor hard on the switch in, or Jirachi, Metagross, and Empoleon harder. Both are fine options.

Good luck with the team.

EDIT: yes, that's basically what i'm suggesting.

Thanks for the help :D

So, i just keep with all the guys, but i just put away flygon and put heatran, right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)