Team Gallade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, new member here. I haven't played competitive Pokemon for a long time, so be gentle. My username at Shoddy Battle is the_bumper_car, if you wanna talk. If I don't accept your challenge, then I'm either working on something, or in the middle of a match. PM me if you wanna fight.

My favorite pokemon is Gallade. So I built a team around him:

Lead: Gallade (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Steadfast
EVs: 56 HP/252 Atk/200 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Destiny Bond
- Shadow Sneak
- Taunt

He's the anti-lead Gallade. Sometimes, when I'm lucky, he gets to sweep at the start. I've been very unlucky with nailing people with Destiny Bond, though.
---
Salamence (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 84 Atk/208 Spd/216 SAtk
Mild nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Outrage

My MixMence, who replaced a Gyarados in this slot. He's for neutralizing Physical Sweepers. He can semi-sweep as well, or act as a revenge killer.
---
Infernape (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 64 Atk/192 Spd/252 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Close Combat
- Fire Blast
- Grass Knot
- Nasty Plot

A MixApe who specializes in breaking down Walls, such as Blissey, Skarmory, or BulkyWaters.
---
Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/86 Atk/80 Def/92 SDef
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Gyro Ball
- Hypnosis
- Stealth Rock

My wall vs Dragons (and almost everything else, to be honest). If they switch out to something that can kill me, I take the opportunity to Hypnosis or Stealth Rock their switch.
---
Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 136 HP/156 Def/216 Spd
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Rapid Spin
- Surf
- Recover
- Thunderbolt

Rapid Spins entry hazards, and deals with Gyarados.
---
Porygonz @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Download
EVs: 4 Def/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Thunderbolt
- Tri Attack

Revenge Killer. Can sweep towards the end of the game.
---

The strategy is, use Gallade to mess with your enemies. He can Taunt most Stealth Rock leads, then hurt the lead or the switch if they don't bring out someone who can deal with him. If they do, try to Destiny Bond them out. Gallade, ideally, will take out at least one Pokemon. If any Physical Sweepers come in, send Salamence or Bronzong to deal with them. Special Sweepers face either Bronzong or Starmie. If any Walls come up, Infernape comes in to deal with them. PorygonZ is there to snipe at weakened enemies.

Suggestions? Reactions? I'm open to replacing anybody on the team, except Gallade. Thank you very much.

I'm sorry, but this is a little too confusing to read when it's in a huge block. Would you be able to edit it so it is more easily readable?

Hay didn't we just battle a earlier today!? What's up!? I'm new here too. :)

Well, anyways, it's very difficult to read your team. You might want to set it up up in this kind of format.

Name @ item
Nature, ability, EV
Move 1
Move 2
Move 3
Move 4

Decription and blah blah blah.

Something like this.

I'm sorry, but this is a little too confusing to read when it's in a huge block. Would you be able to edit it so it is more easily readable?
Sorry about that, my browser was blocking scripts, messing up the formatting. Hopefully I've made it much more readable now with the current edit.

Much better thank you.

Your team seems decent and I've just experienced how it was in battle. So I know it's pretty good.

I'm a bit worried about Gallade though. The set is good. I'm just worried about speed. He's a little slow if you ask me.

But hay, you don't want him replaced, so I won't suggest anything different.

Decent team. A little standered, but well fit.

Much better thank you.

Your team seems decent and I've just experienced how it was in battle. So I know it's pretty good.

I'm a bit worried about Gallade though. The set is good. I'm just worried about speed. He's a little slow if you ask me.

But hay, you don't want him replaced, so I won't suggest anything different.

Decent team. A little standered, but well fit.
Thanks for the compliment. :D I'm beginning to run into problems with Gallade's speed myself. I got Spored by a Smeargle, which is very annoying. But I manage to Taunt most Stealth Rockers (although I haven't run into any Aerodactyl SRockers yet, so that may ruin my day).

As for the team itself, I find that Ghosts such as Hypno, Dusknoir, Rotom and Mismagius tend to provide problems for me. Aside from Shadow Sneak, I don't really have anything to deal with them specifically. Should I put in a Dark or Ghost into the team to counter them?

I also don't know how to deal with Facade, Fake Out, and Focus Punch right now. What's the strategy for those moves?

Max Gallade's speed and give him a plus nature. This should help you with getting people on Destiny Bond.

After trying it out a bit, I'm actually considering dropping Destiny Bond for something that lets me hurt Ninjask and Scizor. What's a good Fire attack for Gallade? Fire Punch?

I'm also considering putting in Crunch on Salamence to replace Fire Blast. It's going to expose me to Scizor, but Scizors almost always killed me with their much faster Ice Punches anyway.

SoT

I leave and they change my avatar to this?
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Okay, well I'm going to sleep right now, so I'm letting you off easy. Please fix up these descriptions, you broke rule #3. Refer to the sticky topics as they will direct you towards what needs to be fixed, and it'd be best off if you read them so we can avoid this in the future. I'm not gonna lock the topic, but by the time I wake up, they better be fixed or it's locked and you get an infraction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)