tales from Home Depot

I love disgruntled consumers =P

So I was having a pretty terrible day today. Nothing really happened I was just feeling a little under the weather and tired. Still I tried to be a cheery as possible to every passer by and customer. One customer asked me a question regarding 'loppers'. I happened to be in outside garden amidst a howling gale and the man was a good 10 yards plus away, so I thought he said *Whopper*. I joked about the situation and said "Burger King?". Apparently the joke was ill received and he stormed off. Late he came back grandson in tow. Figuring I'd offended him I tried to be polite and said "I'm sorry sir I was having a had time hearing you out here, were you looking for loppers? I can get someone to help you find them" to which he replied "eat shit" and threw a twenty at me to pay for some Orange Glo. He proceeded to wait in a corner and forced his grandson to complete the transaction. Seems odd to say that he made my day ^_^

what a nice guy. he clearly is on the moral high ground. people like you need to learn manners. can't you tell that man is enjoying himself??

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
Whenever I leave the check-out lane and the cashier wishes me a good day, sometimes I tell them to have a better one!

I feel that it is unexpected and maybe brightens their day. I like making people smile.
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Oh, the wonders of working with people. You never know what you're gonna get.

And you should be ashamed of yourself, the man was obviously self conscious about his weight, and it hurt his feelings that you mentioned such a offensive thing. What nerve.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Retail sucks.

I used to be in retail packaging and shipping. People would routinely ask me to violate the laws of physics and endanger the goods they were trying to send. Eventually I either prevailed and things were packed properly or they stormed off after I spent a good 20 minutes trying to figure out the most cost-effective way to send their package in a way that would still be insurable by UPS or FedEx.

Don't talk to me about Christmas.

I just heard that Canadian home depot stores have been charging tax on exempt items for years and are in a ton of shit now.

I mean.... uhh... yeah I fucking hate people

I just heard that Canadian home depot stores have been charging tax on exempt items for years and are in a ton of shit now.

I mean.... uhh... yeah I fucking hate people
This is only in B.C. and (maybe) Ontario. There was always taxes, but you're talking about the new Harmonized Sales Tax. The reason HD is getting in shit is because the HST is supposed to be active this September, not right now.

That's very interesting, but I can't seem to find anything about it online. Source?
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/story/2010/05/10/bc-pstexempt.html?ref=rss

Retail sucks.

I used to be in retail packaging and shipping. People would routinely ask me to violate the laws of physics and endanger the goods they were trying to send. Eventually I either prevailed and things were packed properly or they stormed off after I spent a good 20 minutes trying to figure out the most cost-effective way to send their package in a way that would still be insurable by UPS or FedEx.

Don't talk to me about Christmas.
Yeah, I would think shipping, baggage handling, or anything where people are waiting for something would be the absolute worst.

I don't hate retail, though my job is extremely boring and certainly not going to end up my career, but I do find that being a consumer brings out the worst in people. People want what they want and if for whatever reason they can't get it they take it out on the nearest fall boy that they can find (in other words me).

Aside from that I neither like nor dislike my work. It's work. I get paid. I get to do things with the money I make (like pay my rent! Yipee!). And I am very fortunate I don't have terrible bosses. And it's not food service. I will never work food service again. Dunkin Donuts was the end of that.

On the subject of bad bosses... I once worked for my Girlfriends parents.

Never. I repeat, NEVER, ever, ever, never, work for your Girlfriend's parents. No matter how much they pay you. It's hell on both the relationship and on your mental status.

Scimjara

Bert Stare
is a Tutor Alumnus
I don't hate retail, though my job is extremely boring and certainly not going to end up my career, but I do find that being a consumer brings out the worst in people. People want what they want and if for whatever reason they can't get it they take it out on the nearest fall boy that they can find (in other words me).

Aside from that I neither like nor dislike my work. It's work. I get paid. I get to do things with the money I make (like pay my rent! Yipee!). And I am very fortunate I don't have terrible bosses. And it's not food service. I will never work food service again. Dunkin Donuts was the end of that.

On the subject of bad bosses... I once worked for my Girlfriends parents.

Never. I repeat, NEVER, ever, ever, never, work for your Girlfriend's parents. No matter how much they pay you. It's hell on both the relationship and on your mental status.
Care to share us the story about working for your gf's parents? lol

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
The question is, why can't they get what they want? People don't appreciate the thought of others doing a job badly, especially when they are the customer.

The question is, why can't they get what they want? People don't appreciate the thought of others doing a job badly, especially when they are the customer.
True but sometimes it's something that is completely out of our (the peons) hand. I.E. Stock, merchandise pricing, brands.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Whenever I leave the check-out lane and the cashier wishes me a good day, sometimes I tell them to have a better one!

I feel that it is unexpected and maybe brightens their day. I like making people smile.
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
I love beating them to the punch and saying it before them. :D

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I worked at lotto and it was a bitch asking for ID (especially because I look under 18 at the time) and they would always get nasty. Still it could be worse....
At least I don't have to deal with people going postal

I work in a cafe. Luckily the food is pretty great so we don't have too many complaints, except for utter retards who order like a mochaccino and I make it up and bring it to them and they take a drink and are all like "BAH!? THIS ISN'T A LONG BLACK!!!!!!1111" But we always have good laugh about the troubled customers around back.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I once had some people be really nasty to me (im not called ginganinja for nothing you know) and anyway it went on for ages. I just tried to laugh it off and stuff but eventually a Co Worker heard them and she complained to the manager. The a manager had them banned from the store. Pretty cool huh?
Thats how we roll in New Zealand

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)