Sylveria AKA Generation Seven

By offensive stats what exactly do you mean? Like, are you saying something like Ghost / Magic hits: ______? Or something else? And for what resists it, yes I forgot it, but here it is:
What Resists Magic:
  • Ice-type
Ice buff pls
  • Bug-type
Bugs are just cool :x needs a buff imo.
  • Ground-type
Ground-types, such as trolls, seem to prevail against magic, however, magic just isn't weak to it. But, Ground-types are cool, so :]

Thoughts? I'm trying to make it so it's three for everything bar neutrality.
I mean dual stab stuff. Like, Kingdra's dual stabs are resisted by Water / Fairy, Steel / Grass, etc. But that too. And try to keep flavor in mind. Ice resisting Magic makes no sense.

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
Okay, I've revised Life Drain and Arcane Blast to make them like the revised Giga Drain and Thunderbolt/Flamethrower/Ice Beam. I've created Dark Pact and Rejuvinate, two new magic status moves. I've also created nice descriptions for all of your new moves. I'll create some new magic moves later, I'm just having difficulties creating names for them.

Arcane Blast
Magic Type
Special
24 PP
95 BP
100 Acc

Description:
The target is blasted with a powerful surge of magic. This may also leave the target confused.

Effect:
Arcane Blast does damage and has a 10% chance of confusing the target.

Arcane Strike
Magic type
Physical
24 PP
70 BP
100 Acc

Description:
The target is slashed by a blade of magical energy. This attack strikes the target's weaker defense.

Effect:
Arcane Strike deals damage. Despite being classified as Physical move, this move calculates damage using the user's Attack and the lower of the opponent's Special Defense or Defense stat.

Dark Pact
Magic type
Status
16 PP
- BP
- Acc

Description:
The user maximizes its Special Attack stat in exchange for HP equal to half its max HP.

Effect:
Dark Pact deducts half of the user's maximum HP (rounded down) from its current HP and, in return, it maximizes the user's Special Attack stat by raising it up to +6 stages, even if the user's temporary Special Attack bonus stages were below 0 prior to using Dark Pact. Dark Pact fails if the user's current HP is less than half its maximum, or if the user's Special Attack is already at +6.

Fire Kick
Fire type
Physical
16 PP
95 BP
90 Acc

Description:
The target is struck by a flaming kick. This may also leave the target with a burn.

Effect:
Fire Kick does damage and has a 30% chance of burning the target.

Frost Blast
Ice type
Status
32 PP
- BP
85 Acc

Description:
The user shoots a chilling blast of ice at the target to freeze them.

Effect:
Frost Blast freezes the target. It has no effect on Fire or Ice type Pokémon.

Ice Kick
Ice type
Physical
16 PP
95 BP
90 Acc

Description:
The target is struck by a icy kick. This may also freeze the target.

Effect:Ice Kick does damage and has a 30% chance of freezing the target.

Ice Spike
Ice type
Status
32 PP
- BP
- Acc

Description:
The user lays a trap of icicles at the opposing team's feet. The trap hurts Pokémon that switch into battle.

Effect:
Ice Spike sets an entry hazard around the target Pokémon. Pokémon on the target's field receive damage upon switching in. The amount of damage inflicted upon switching in is affected by type effectiveness against Ice. It also does not stack if multiple layers are set. It does not damage Pokémon with the Ability Magic Guard. The moves Rapid Spin and Defog remove the effect of Ice Spike; Rapid Spin removes Ice Spike set around the Rapid Spinner while Defog removes Ice Spike set around both the target and user of Defog. Flying types are not affected by Ice Spike.
Type effectiveness: Damage taken
.25x: 3.125%
.5x: 6.25%
1x: 12.5%
2x: 25%
4x: 50%

Life Drain
Magic type
Special
16 PP
80 BP
100 Acc

Description:
The user saps the target's life force. The user's HP is restored by half the damage taken by the target.

Life Drain will inflict damage on the target and ½ of the damage dealt will be restored to the user as HP. If the user has a Big Root as its held item, it will recover 30% more HP than it normally would. When used on a Pokémon with the Liquid Ooze Ability, the user will lose the amount of HP it would have gained instead.

Rejuvinate
Magic type
Status
16 PP
- BP
- Acc

Description:
Healing itself with magic, the user cures itself of status and restores its HP by a third of its max HP.

Effect:
Rejuvinate restores up to 33% of the user's maximum HP and removes poison, paralysis, and burn from the user.

Soul Steal
Ghost Type
Physical
16 PP
90 BP
100 Acc

Description:
The user rips the target's soul out of its body. This attack does special damage.

Effect:
Soul Steal inflicts damage. Despite being classified as Physical move, this move calculates damage using the user's Attack and the opponent's Special Defense stat.

Thunder Kick
Electric type
Physical
16 PP
95 BP
90 Acc

Description:
The target is struck by a electric kick. This may also paralyze the target.

Effect:
Thunder Kick does damage and has a 30% chance of paralyzing the target.

Last edited:
Ok, yeah, Ice-type makes no sense, how does being resisted by Bug-, Ground-, and Grass-type sound?
So, it would look like this:
Normal / Magic:
Weak to: Magic-, Fighting-, Bug-, Dark-, Psychic-types
Resistant to: Steel-, Water-types
Immune to: Ghost-types
Offensively resisted by: Rock / Bug, Rock / Ground, Rock / Grass, Steel / Rock, Steel / Bug, Steel / Grass, Ghost / Bug, Ghost / Ground, Ghost / Grass

Last edited:
I can make it so that it goes through Protect? Hazard immunity doesnt make sense for Infiltrator.
infiltrator is all about getting around your opponents defensive precautions, so sneaking around entry hazards makes sense if you think about it

Last edited:
Soul Steal
Ghost Type
Special
16 PP
90 BP
100 Acc

Description:
The user rips the target's soul out of its body. This attack does special damage.

Effect:
Soul Steal inflicts damage. Despite being classified as Physical move, this move calculates damage using the user's Attack and the opponent's Special Defense stat.
Love all of these. But you listed Soul Steal as a special move. It's a reverse of Psyshock, so it's a Physical move doing Special damage.

Ok, yeah, Ice-type makes no sense, how does being resisted by Bug-, Ground-, and Grass-type sound?
So, it would look like this:
Normal / Magic:
Weak to: Magic-, Fighting-, Bug-, Dark-, Psychic-types
Resistant to: Steel-, Water-types
Immune to: Ghost-types
Offensively resisted by: Rock / Bug, Rock / Ground, Rock / Grass, Steel / Rock, Steel / Bug, Steel / Grass, Ghost / Bug, Ghost / Ground, Ghost / Grass
infiltrator is all about getting around your opponents defensive precautions, so sneaking around entry hazards makes sense if you think about it
Both of these = yes. Tomorrow, I'll edit in all of the new stuff and bring in the first major update :D

Hmm, my version of magic not liked so much... I wanted to have a game changer, and resisting Boltbeam and Rock/Ground combos by itself does just that. It gives more incentive to use Grass, Poison, Psychic and possibly even normal as... actual coverage and it curbs Electric's defensive boon of only suffering one weakness.

I have a... well, I have LOTS of ways to explain this, but it's not my meta. Still, I feel having magic only effect a few types around it feels less shattering.

I removed steel. 4 Weaknesses is plenty.

I suppose I could play along and hypothesize a type combo.

Let's try Grass/Magic.

Weak to: Normal, Poison (4x), Flying, Psychic, Bug
Resists: Water (4x), Electric (4x), Ground (4x), Ghost, Magic
Immune to: Rock

So an almost hazard free fear of rocks and an immunity to powder is a huge switch in boon even if Sludge will spell your demise. In a metagame gone to the birds, Grass/Magic may not feel very welcome... but it makes a great partner for Talonflame. All of Tflame's weaknesses are either quad resisted or immunized against and while the reverse only includes Bug (4x), the defensive capacity to literally FORCE potentially underutilized types would give magic flowers a huge niche.

Offensively, the STAB is okay. Magic beats dragon and poison that Grass cannot touch. Other grass types as well as fliers can just wall it without a fire move. Grass in turn mostly just gets a lot of neutral hits that magic cannot. It's not a great core like ice/electric, but it's better than say... Grass/Fairy.

Let's also try Fire/Magic.

Weak to: Normal, Poison, Psychic
Resists: Fire (4x), Electric, Ice (4x), Bug, Ghost, Steel, Fairy

We just got awesome. Every last fire weakness, REMOVED... well it's neutralized, but still. Braixen and Delphox (assumedly) enter a golden [fox] age of acceptance.

When your 3 weakness were never considered for a Hidden Power and still wouldn't even if the move was at base power 90, you're doing pretty well. Pair off with say, a Dragon to resist most of the incoming moves.

Offensively, Fire toasts Ice and Grass which resist magic and hits all of its other resistors (flying, normal, dark and fairy) neutrally. In turn, magic smites dragons and hits ground and rock neutrally for decent synergy.

In short: the fox says "HELL YEA!"

Because I should complete the charts... let's do water.
Weak to: Normal, Grass (4x), Poison, Psychic
Resists: Fire (4x), Water (4x), Ice (4x), Ground, Ghost, Steel, Fairy

Clearly... awesome! The Grass quad that creeps in isn't wonderful... at all. But those resists are very welcome. Offensively, Dragon is beaten by Magic, and Water doesn't beat anything resisted by magic. Decent, but walled by grass types... and Bibarel. You know your life has meaning when a derpy beaver resists your combination.

Let's do one more that surprises me.

Magic/Steel
Weak to: Fighting
Resists: Water, Electric, Ice (4x), Flying, Bug, Ghost, Dragon, Steel, Fairy
Immune to: Poison, Rock

This... this is pretty boss. While there's neutral damage from Normal, Fire, Grass, Psychic, and Dark, that resistance chart is a TON of compensation for Fight weakness. Blissey wants THAT solo fight weakness.

Offensively, Steel is steel and it beats magic resistant Ice Shields, and Faeries and magic hits steels and electrics. Both types don't share a single mono type that resists both. It's fair, but steel is still steel offensively so bring coverage moves.

I'll get to others later.

Last edited:
Hmm, my version of magic not liked so much... I wanted to have a game changer, and resisting Boltbeam and Rock/Ground combos by itself does just that. It gives more incentive to use Grass, Poison, Psychic and possibly even normal as... actual coverage and it curbs Electric's defensive boon of only suffering one weakness.

I have a... well, I have LOTS of ways to explain this, but it's not my meta. Still, I feel having magic only effect a few types around it feels less shattering.

I removed steel. 4 Weaknesses is plenty.

I suppose I could play along and hypothesize a type combo.

Let's try Grass/Magic.

Weak to: Normal, Poison (4x), Flying, Psychic, Bug
Resists: Water (4x), Electric (4x), Ground (4x), Ghost, Magic

So an almost hazard free fear of rocks and an immunity to powder is a huge switch in boon even if Sludge will spell your demise. In a metagame gone to the birds, Grass/Magic may not feel very welcome... but it makes a great partner for Talonflame. All of Tflame's weaknesses are either quad resisted or immunized against and while the reverse only includes Bug (4x), the defensive capacity to literally FORCE potentially underutilized types would give magic flowers a huge niche.

Offensively, the STAB is okay. Magic beats dragon and poison that Grass cannot touch. Other grass types as well as fliers can just wall it without a fire move. Grass in turn mostly just gets a lot of neutral hits that magic cannot. It's not a great core like ice/electric, but it's better than say... Grass/Fairy.

Let's also try Fire/Magic.

Weak to: Normal, Poison, Psychic
Resists: Fire (4x), Electric, Ice (4x), Bug, Ghost, Steel, Fairy

We just got awesome. Every last fire weakness, REMOVED... well it's neutralized, but still. Braixen and Delphox (assumedly) enter a golden [fox] age of acceptance.

When your 3 weakness were never considered for a Hidden Power and still wouldn't even if the move was at base power 90, you're doing pretty well. Pair off with say, a Dragon to resist most of the incoming moves.

Offensively, Fire toasts Ice and Grass which resist magic and hits all of its other resistors (flying, normal, dark and fairy) neutrally. In turn, magic smites dragons and hits ground and rock neutrally for decent synergy.

In short: the fox says "HELL YEA!"

Because I should complete the charts... let's do water.
Weak to: Normal, Grass (4x), Poison, Psychic
Resists: Fire (4x), Water (4x), Ice (4x), Ground, Ghost, Steel, Fairy

Clearly... awesome! The Grass quad that creeps in isn't wonderful... at all. But those resists are very welcome. Offensively, Dragon is beaten by Magic, and Water doesn't beat anything resisted by magic. Decent, but walled by grass types... and Bibarel. You know your life has meaning when a derpy beaver resists your combination.

Let's do one more that surprises me.

Magic/Steel
Weak to: Fighting
Resists: Water, Electric, Ice (4x), Flying, Bug, Ghost, Dragon, Steel, Fairy
Immune to: Poison, Rock

This... this is pretty boss. While there's neutral damage from Normal, Fire, Grass, Psychic, and Dark, that resistance chart is a TON of compensation for Fight weakness. Blissey wants THAT solo fight weakness.

Offensively, Steel is steel and it beats magic resistant Ice Shields, and Faeries and magic hits steels and electrics. Both types don't share a single mono type that resists both. It's fair, but steel is still steel offensively so bring coverage moves.

I'll get to others later.
After reading all of this, I'm pretty hyped towards your type thoughts, but at the same time I think Chesnaught's are good. Yours are more balance-friendly, while Chesnaught's are flavorful. However, I must give an edge to yours because Gen Seven is about balancing the metagame and making things good that you wouldn't think of. For now, I'll accept your type chart then discuss it more when the project is nearly done. The update will be brought in around 13:00 EST, if possible.

I saw Fridge Weavile and from experiences with it in AAA, Fake Out/Frustration/Quick Attack/Knock Off is a THREAT

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
When you say 90 new Pokemon, do you mean 90 competitive Pokemon or 90 Pokemon including Prevos and useless crap like Luvdisc and Unown? Also, are you taking suggestions for new Pokemon and changes to old Pokemon?

MAJOR UPDATE

SYLVERIA v0.5
When you say 90 new Pokemon, do you mean 90 competitive Pokemon or 90 Pokemon including Prevos and useless crap like Luvdisc and Unown? Also, are you taking suggestions for new Pokemon?
First, let me cover this. It will include pre-evos and such, but they won't be useless like Magikarp. They'll actually be useful in LC, NFE (I'm making an NFE tier) and so on. And yes, I AM taking suggestions. My priority is Magic type Pokemon, currently.

What Sylveria v0.5 means is that we are roughly half way done with the project, thanks to tremendous heaps of help from YOU ALL. I thank you so much for the support that this is getting, and it's hard to believe that so many people are getting involved in something that's all just a theory in a video game.​

Magic Type

Attacking
2x: Electric, Poison, Ghost, Dragon
.5x: Normal, Grass, Ice, Dark, Flying, Fairy

Defending
2x: Normal, Grass, Poison, Psychic
.5x: Fire, Water, Electric, Ice, Ground, Ghost
0x: Rock

Magic Type Changes (Pokemon)

Ninetales: Fire ----> Fire / Magic
Alakazam: Psychic ----> Psychic / Magic
Hypno: Psychic ----> Magic
Girafarig: Normal / Psychic ----> Magic / Psychic
Mantine: Water / Flying ----> Water / Magic
Munna: Psychic ----> Psychic / Magic
Musharna: Psychic ----> Psychic / Magic
Zorua: Dark ----> Dark / Magic
Zoroark: Dark ----> Dark / Magic
Delphox: Fire / Psychic ----> Fire / Magic
Aromatisse: Fairy ----> Fairy / Magic
Hoopa: Psychic / Ghost ----> Magic / Ghost
Brongzong-line: Steel / Psychic --> Steel / Magic
Golduck: Water --> Water / Magic
Mega Gengar: Ghost / Poison --> Ghost / Magic
Bellossom: Grass --> Grass / Magic
Jynx-line: Ice / Psychic --> Ice / Magic
Vespiquen: Bug / Flying --> Bug / Magic
Lumineon: Water --> Water / Magic
Lilligant: Grass ----> Grass / Magic

Magic Type Changes (Moves)

Power Within
Magic Type
Physical
8 PP
120 BP
100% Accuracy

Description:
The user conjures all of its power and strikes the foe, while damaging them self.

Effect:
Inflicts damage. Makes contact with the foe. Causes 1/3 recoil of the amount of the damage caused to the opponent.

Arcane Blast
Magic Type
Special
24 PP
95 BP
100% Accuracy

Description:
The target is blasted with a powerful surge of magic. This may also leave the target

confused.

Effect:
Arcane Blast does damage and has a 10% chance of confusing the target.

Arcane Strike
Magic type
Physical
24 PP
70 BP
100% Accuracy

Description:
The target is slashed by a blade of magical energy. This attack strikes the target's

weaker defense.

Effect:
Arcane Strike deals damage. Despite being classified as Physical move, this move

calculates damage using the user's Attack and the lower of the opponent's Special

Defense or

Defense stat.

Dark Pact
Magic type
Status
16 PP
- BP
- Accuracy

Description:
The user maximizes its Special Attack stat in exchange for HP equal to half its max

HP.

Effect:
Dark Pact deducts half of the user's maximum HP (rounded down) from its current

HP and, in return, it maximizes the user's Special Attack stat by raising it up to +6

stages,

even if the user's temporary Special Attack bonus stages were below 0 prior to

using Dark Pact. Dark Pact fails if the user's current HP is less than half its

maximum, or if the

user's Special Attack is already at +6.

Fire Kick
Fire type
Physical
16 PP
95 BP
90% Accuracy

Description:
The target is struck by a flaming kick. This may also leave the target with a burn.

Effect:
Fire Kick does damage and has a 30% chance of burning the target.

Frost Blast
Ice type
Status
32 PP
- BP
85% Accuracy

Description:
The user shoots a chilling blast of ice at the target to freeze them.

Effect:
Frost Blast freezes the target. It has no effect on Fire or Ice type Pokémon.

Ice Kick
Ice type
Physical
16 PP
95 BP
90% Accuracy

Description:
The target is struck by a icy kick. This may also freeze the target.

Effect: Ice Kick does damage and has a 30% chance of freezing the target.

Ice Spike
Ice type
Status
32 PP
- BP
- Accuracy

Description:
The user lays a trap of icicles at the opposing team's feet. The trap hurts Pokémon

that switch into battle.

Effect:
Ice Spike sets an entry hazard around the target Pokémon. Pokémon on the target's field receive damage upon switching in. The amount of damage inflicted upon switching in is affected by type effectiveness against Ice. It also does not stack if multiple layers are set. It does not damage Pokémon with the Ability Magic Guard. The moves Rapid Spin and Defog remove the effect of Ice Spike; Rapid Spin removes Ice Spike set around the Rapid Spinner while Defog removes Ice Spike set around both the target and user of Defog. Flying types are not affected by Ice Spike.
Type effectiveness: Damage taken
.25x: 3.125%
.5x: 6.25%
1x: 12.5%
2x: 25%
4x: 50%

Life Drain
Magic type
Special
16 PP
80 BP
100% Accuracy

Description:
The user saps the target's life force. The user's HP is restored by half the damage taken by the target. Life Drain will inflict damage on the target and ½ of the damage dealt will be restored to the user as HP. If the user has a Big Root as its held item, it will recover 30% more HP than it normally would. When used on a Pokémon with the Liquid Ooze Ability, the user will lose the amount of HP it would have gained instead.

Necromancy
Magic Type
Status
16 PP
- BP
- Accuracy

Description:
The user faints. In return, the Pokémon taking its place will be revived by dark magic.

Effect:
Necromancy causes the user to faint, but will revive the Pokemon sent out to take its place with HP equal to however much HP the user had before executing the move. This move will fail if none of the user's Pokemon are fainted. Necromancy may only be used once per battle.

Rejuvinate
Magic Type
Status
16 PP
- BP
- Accuracy

Description:
Healing itself with magic, the user cures itself of status and restores its HP by a third of its max HP.

Effect:
Rejuvinate restores up to 33% of the user's maximum HP and removes poison, paralysis, and burn from the user.

Sacrifice
Magic Type
Special
8 PP
250 BP
100% Accuracy

Description:
The user sacrifices themself to inflict damage on those around it. The user faints upon using this move.

Effect:
Sacrifice does damage to all adjacent Pokemon and forces the user faint.

Soul Steal
Ghost Type
Physical
16 PP
90 BP
100% Accuracy

Description:

Effect:

Spiritual Rend
Ghost Type
Special
8 PP
100 BP
95% Accuracy

Description:
The user tears the target along with the space around it. Critical hits land more easily.

Effect:
Spiritual Rend inflicts damage. It hits all adjacent foes and has a high chance of inflicting a critical hit.

Thunder Kick
Electric type
Physical
16 PP
95 BP
90% Accuracy

Description:
The target is struck by a electric kick. This may also paralyze the target.

Effect:
Thunder Kick does damage and has a 30% chance of paralyzing the target.

Dark Fog
Dark
Status
16 PP
- BP
- Accuracy

Description:
The user creates a dark fog around them self, increasing the chance of the opponent missing.

Effect:
For one turn, the opposing team has 20% less accuracy for all attacking moves. Chance of success is halved every turn used in succession.

Retypes: Hex, Light Screen, Magic Coat, Reflect, Teleport, Trick Room, Wonder Room

Standard Changes to Moves​

Dragon Pulse: 85 -> 95 BP

Standard Changes to Pokemon

Standard Changes to Abilities
Levitate: When a Pokemon with Levitate uses Roost, they are grounded for the rest of the turn.

Standard Changes to Mechanics
Hazards: I confused many people with the Flying type immunity and the Roost stuff. All it is, ungrounded Pokemon take no damage from entry hazards upon entering, but by being grounded, they take full damage. By using Roost, Flying types and Levitators take the damage BEFORE they are healed.

Changes should be added within 24 hours.​

Last edited:
Lilligant being part Magic is interesting I guess (Losing Fire and Ice weakness is good, 4x Poison weakness is blargh (Also as a side note Lilligant needs a movepool buff badly)). Also Bronzong is the best one in terms of it's typing, back to 2 (Or 1 including it's USEFUL abilities) weaknesses again.

Edit: Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Levitate Bronzong has no weaknesses. Also Porygon-Z (If it gets Boomburst, which I think Porygon gets) and Diggersby wreck most of the retypen Pokemon. Also, forgot that Magic hits Poison super effectively, so not all hope is lost to Lilligant. (HP Fire is the best way to go if you want to go for a 3 move coverage route)

Last edited:
I don't know about you guys, but I personally like keeping legendary Pokémon's signature moves to their respective Pokémon. Therefore, I do not agree with teaching Bolt Strike as a tutorable move. However, in order to remedy the loss of a tutorable move in Bolt Strike, I suggest that we add Shift Gear to the list. It will provide a nice physically-offensive boost to any Pokémon that receives it (just look at Genesect), while maintaining limited distribution (not every Pokémon has gears in its framework). Also, instead of Xerneas receiving Seed Flare, it should receive another powerful special move, like Power Gem, for coverage.
Just my two cents. You don't have to listen to any of my suggestions if you don't think they're worthwhile.

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
One thing that I've noticed is that we have no weak magic type moves, unlike every single other type, therefore I'm proposing yet another magic type move that will be completely useless in battle, but necessary flavor wise. I'm also thinking of a some ideas for new magic/flying type Pokemon.

Dazzle (Name suggestions?)
Magic Type
Special
40 PP
40 BP
100 Acc

Description:
The target is attacked with a weak magical force. This may lower the target's Special Defense.

Effect:
Dazzle does damage and has a 10% chance of lowering the target's Special Defense.

Last edited:

canno

formerly The Reptile
I can help with some more Magic-type moves, since we only have like 3

First of all, re-typed moves:
  • Ally Switch is now Magic-type
  • Covet is now Magic-type
  • Dizzy Punch is now Magic-type
  • Encore is now Magic-type
  • Heal Block is now Magic-type
  • Healing Wish is now Magic-type
  • Heal Pulse is now Magic-type
  • Heart Stamp is now Magic-type
  • Heart Swap is now Magic-type
  • Lucky Chant is now Magic-type
  • Magic Coat is now Magic-type
  • Magic Room is now Magic-type
  • Mimic is now Magic-type
  • Mind Reader is now Magic-type
  • Swift is now Magic-type
  • Trick is now Magic-type
I know most of those are status moves, but flavor and what-not. Anyways, onto some new attacks

Card Trick
Magic-type
Status
-- BP
40 PP
-- Acc
The user shows the target a card trick, lowering the target's defense by 1 stage.

Hocus Pocus
Magic-type
Status
-- BP
30 PP
-- Acc
The user shows the target a magic show, lowering the target's special defense by 1 stage.

Card Throw
Magic-type
Special
50 BP
40 PP
90 Acc
The user throws a magical card at the foe. Has a 10% chance to flinch

Mystic Barrage
Magic-type
Physical
60 BP
30 PP
-- Acc
The user assaults the target and, using magic, assures that the attack does not miss.

Magician's Snap
Magic-type
Physical
40 BP
10 PP
100 Acc
+3 Priority
Can only be used as the first move after the user enters battle. Causes the target to flinch.

Arcane Wave
Magic-type
Special
70 BP
10 PP
90 Acc
The user sends a wave of arcane magic. Has a 30% chance to lower the target's Special Defense (1 stage)

Dissapear!
Magic-type
Status
-- BP
10 PP
-- Acc
User makes itself dissapear, preventing any moves from hitting the user this turn.

Finale!
Magic-type
Status
-- BP
20 PP
-- Acc
The user takes a bow and leaves, making the user switch out.

Healing Circle
Magic-type
Status
-- BP
15 PP
-- Acc
User casts an arcane circle around them. Restores 1/16th of the user's max HP each turn, and user has a 33% chance of curing any major status ailment after each turn.

Power Circle
Magic-type
Status
-- BP
15 PP
-- Acc
User casts an arcane circle around them. User's moves inflict 30% extra damage, but cost 10% max HP.

Protection Circle
Magic-type
Status
-- BP
15 PP
-- Acc
User casts an arcane circle around them. User ignores other Pokémon's stat modifiers and abilities for damage calculation.

Arcane Meditation
Magic-type
Status
-- BP
20 PP
-- Acc
The user focuses on its arcane force, increase its Special Attack and Speed (1 stage)

Sleeve Trick
Magic-type
Status
-- BP
5 PP
-- Acc
+2 Priority
Only works if the target is about to use a damaging move. Prevents any moves from hitting the user this turn, and lowers all of the targets stats by 1 stage.

Smoke And Mirrors
Magic-type
Status
-- BP
10 PP
90 Acc
The user sets up an elaborate set of smoke and mirrors, confusing the target.

Last edited:

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
I've done two analyses of Magic type combos, I tried to include the changes to the types of Pokemon but it may not be complete

Magic/Flying Analysis (None currently, although I'm thinking of suggesting one)

Defensive:
2x Normal, Poison, Psychic
1/2x Bug, Fire, Fighting, Ghost, Water
0x Ground, Rock

Resisted by:
Aerodactyl, Amaura, Archen, Archeops, Aurorus, Bisharp, Carbink, Diancie, Klefki, Mawile, Mega Mawile, Mega Tyranitar, Pawninard, Skarmory, Testei, Tyranitar

Magic/Fire Analysis

Defensive
2x Normal, Poison, Psychic
1/2 Electric, Ghost, Bug, Fairy, Steel
1/4x Fire, Ice
0x Rock

Resisted by:
Aerodactyl, Archen, Archeops, Azumarill, Bibarel, Carbink, Carvanha, Charizard, Crawdaunt, Diancie, Ducklett, Fletchinder, Greninja, Gyarados, Ho-Oh, Houndoom, Houndor, Litleo, Manaphy, Marill, Mega Aerodactyl, Mega Charizard Y, Mega Gyarados, Mega Tyranitar, Moltres, Pelipper, Pyroar, Swanna, Talonflame, Tyranitar, Wingull

Magic/Steel
Defensive
2x Fighting
1/2x Water, Electric, Flying, Bug, Ghost, Dragon, Steel, Fairy
1/4x Ice
0x Poison, Rock

Resisted by:
Fire/Normal, Fire/Grass, Fire/Dark, Fire/Flying, Steel/Normal, Steel/Grass, Steel/Dark, Steel/Flying, Water/Normal, Water/Grass, Water/Dark, Water/Flying

Last edited:
I can help with some more Magic-type moves, since we only have like 3

First of all, re-typed moves:
  • Ally Switch is now Magic-type
  • Covet is now Magic-type
  • Dizzy Punch is now Magic-type
  • Encore is now Magic-type
  • Heal Block is now Magic-type
  • Healing Wish is now Magic-type
  • Heal Pulse is now Magic-type
  • Heart Stamp is now Magic-type
  • Heart Swap is now Magic-type
  • Lucky Chant is now Magic-type
  • Magic Coat is now Magic-type
  • Magic Room is now Magic-type
  • Mimic is now Magic-type
  • Mind Reader is now Magic-type
  • Swift is now Magic-type
I know most of those are status moves, but flavor and what-not. Anyways, onto some new attacks

Card Trick
Magic-type
Status
-- BP
40 PP
-- Acc
The user shows the target a card trick, lowering the target's defense by 1 stage.

Hocus Pocus
Magic-type
Status
-- BP
30 PP
-- Acc
The user shows the target a magic show, lowering the target's special defense by 1 stage.

Card Throw
Magic-type
Special
50 BP
40 PP
90 Acc
The user throws a magical card at the foe. Has a 10% chance to flinch

Mystic Barrage
Magic-type
Physical
60 BP
30 PP
-- Acc
The user assaults the target and, using magic, assures that the attack does not miss.

Magician's Snap
Magic-type
Physical
40 BP
10 PP
100 Acc
+3 Priority
Can only be used as the first move after the user enters battle. Causes the target to flinch.

Arcane Wave
Magic-type
Special
70 BP
10 PP
90 Acc
The user sends a wave of arcane magic. Has a 30% chance to lower the target's Special Defense (1 stage)

Dissapear!
Magic-type
Status
-- BP
10 PP
-- Acc
User makes itself dissapear, preventing any moves from hitting the user this turn.

Finale!
Magic-type
Status
-- BP
20 PP
-- Acc
The user takes a bow and leaves, making the user switch out.

Healing Circle
Magic-type
Status
-- BP
10 PP
-- Acc
The user heals 1/3rd of its HP, and removes any status on the user.

Arcane Meditation
Magic-type
Status
-- BP
20 PP
-- Acc
The user focuses on its arcane force, increase its Special Attack and Speed (1 stage)

Sleeve Trick
Magic-type
Status
-- BP
5 PP
-- Acc
+1 Priority
Only works if the target is about to use a damaging move. Prevents any moves from hitting the user this turn, and lowers all of the targets stats by 1 stage.
I think that Trick should also be a Magic-type move. If you look at the animation, it looks like a standard cups-and-balls effect (click here if you want an in depth explanation of the illusion). Correct me if I'm wrong, but if Magic focuses on tricks and illusions, shouldn't Trick (the move with the same name) become Magic type?
EDIT: I just discovered that Switcheroo has a similar animation, so I also nominate Switcheroo as a Magic-type move.
EDIT EDIT: Switcheroo is Dark type; keep it Dark type

Last edited:

canno

formerly The Reptile
I think that Trick should also be a Magic-type move. If you look at the animation, it looks like a standard cups-and-balls effect (click here if you want an in depth explanation of the illusion). Correct me if I'm wrong, but if Magic focuses on tricks and illusions, shouldn't Trick (the move with the same name) become Magic type?
EDIT: I just discovered that Switcheroo has a similar animation, so I also nominate Switcheroo as a Magic-type move.
Honestly, only Trick should be Magic - Switcheroo sounds more sinister (hence the dark-typing)

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
After some work, I would like to submit the first draft of a Magic/Flying Pokemon:

Name: Vernitra (Can anybody think of a better name?)
Type: Magic/Flying
Ability: Trace/Natural Cure/Cloud Nine (HA) (originally Magic Guard/Trace, but was changed because of this post
Stats: 80/65/70/108/85/132 (540)

Level Up Moves
Air Cutter
Air Slash
Arcane Blast
Arcane Wave (Pending Approval)
Aura Sphere
Dazzle (Pending Approval)
Extremespeed
Gust
Hurricane
Quick Attack
Rejuvinate
Roost
Twister

Egg Moves
Defog
Life Drain
Mirror Move
Nasty Plot
Whirlwind

TM/HM
Acrobatics
Aerial Ace
Attract
Calm Mind
Captivate
Double Team
Facade
Flash
Fly
Frustration
Giga Impact
Hidden Power
Hyper Beam
Light Screen
Protect
Psych Up
Rain Dance
Reflect
Rest
Return
Roost
Round
Safeguard
Secret Power
Sleep Talk
Substitute
Sunny Day
Swagger
Toxic
Trick Room
U-Turn

Names: ??? Anyone have suggestion?
Stats: 50/30/40/78/50/92 (340)
Stats: 60/50/54/95/65/116 (440)

Typing:
Magic/Flying

Abilities:
Trace/Natural Cure/Air Lock (HA)

Learnset:
Same as Vernitra excluding Aura Sphere, Giga Impact, Hurricane and Hyper Beam

Last edited:
First off I'm gonna suggest that Mismagius become Ghost/magic.
Second, I think Magician should become a magic type version of Aerilate.
Third, new move suggestion
Resurrect
-- BP
5 PP
-- Acurracy
Status
Magic

The user sacrifices itself to revive another teammate.

The user faints and revives another teammate with max HP.

Magic has some handy SE's.

After some work, I would like to submit the first draft of a Magic/Flying Pokemon:

Name: Vernitra (Can anybody think of a better name?)
Type: Magic/Flying
Ability: Magic Guard/Trace (HA)
Stats: 80/65/70/108/85/132 (540)

Level Up Moves
Air Cutter
Air Slash
Arcane Blast
Aura Sphere
Dazzle
Gust
Hurricane
Quick Attack
Roost
Wing Attack

Egg Moves
Defog
Life Drain
Mirror Move
Nasty Plot
Whirlwind

TM/HM
Acrobatics
Aerial Ace
Attract
Calm Mind
Captivate
Double Team
Facade
Flash
Fly
Frustration
Giga Impact
Hidden Power
Hyper Beam
Light Screen
Protect
Psych Up
Rain Dance
Reflect
Rest
Return
Roost
Round
Safeguard
Secret Power
Sleep Talk
Substitute
Sunny Day
Swagger
Toxic
U-Turn
That seems like it might be a bit too good. Base 108 Special Attack may not seem very scary, but when you factor in Life Orb, which is recoil free thanks to Magic Guard, it jumps to an effective base 155. Add in good boosting moves and great coverage, and that seems like it would be a tad imba. I think that changing Magic Guard into another ability, or bringing down its base special attack by about 10-15 points would be enough to keep it balanced.

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
That seems like it might be a bit too good. Base 108 Special Attack may not seem very scary, but when you factor in Life Orb, which is recoil free thanks to Magic Guard, it jumps to an effective base 155. Add in good boosting moves and great coverage, and that seems like it would be a tad imba. I think that changing Magic Guard into another ability, or bringing down its base special attack by about 10-15 points would be enough to keep it balanced.
Thanks for the help! I totally forgot that Magic Guard removed Life Orb recoil. I've replaced its abilities from Magic Guard/Trace to Trace/Natural Cure/Air Lock and I've added some new moves but not any that would make it more powerful. Also, what do you think about the name? It's named after Veles and Zirnitra, two gods of magic, but I'd like somebody else's opinion on it

Last edited:
I have a new weather idea, darkness! it would be activated by the move: dark void, and the ability:dusk (which would be given to dusknoir, lunatone[who would become a rock/magic type], and umbreon)
durring darkness, ghost and dark type moves would be boosted by 50% and psychic and fighting moves would be decreased by 50%

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)