Metagame SV OU Metagame Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will Genesect get a customary 3 days in OU again?

Home is going to be a hell of an upset. I expect a rise in a lot of "Blanket Check" mons like Tusk and Dondozo until people figure out what's doing well and the threatlist narrows itself down a bit to things needing more specialized responses.

Home is going to be a hell of an upset. I expect a rise in a lot of "Blanket Check" mons like Tusk and Dondozo until people figure out what's doing well and the threatlist narrows itself down a bit to things needing more specialized responses.
I can't wait for landorus-i to destroy the tier with *nasty plot* sheer force sets for like 1 day

Personally, with the arrival of Home, I hope that all new pokemon at 600 BS or less (+ Hoopa-U) will start in OU. Even the ogres Landorus-I, Magearna, Urshifu and Spectrier must be tried at least a day in this new metagame.

Personally, with the arrival of Home, I hope that all new pokemon at 600 BS or less (+ Hoopa-U) will start in OU. Even the ogres Landorus-I, Magearna, Urshifu and Spectrier must be tried at least a day in this new metagame.
landorus-I getting nasty plot seems so obscene that it should be quick banned at zero hour

Genesect won't return with Home as far we know, but still could return in DLCs.

has anyone else been thinking that cresselia might actually be good in gen 9?
people kinda skimp over it cause psychic just isnt that good of a typing, and cress wants to be a bulky pokemon, but cress has a LOT of amazing traits

a ground immunity, great bulk, and tera allows it to become a poison type who isnt afraid of ground types, which is really freaking nice for the meta
it cucks great tusk obviously, and its possibly a good iron valiant killer?
(i havent ran the calcs but i dont think valiant wants to eat a psychic from cress, and moonblast wont be doing that much.. maybe. someone else can bully me extensively if i'm wrong)

add that on with reliable recovery and you have a mon who can act as a pretty okay calm mind booster, similar to hatterene but without magic bounce in exchange for WWAAAAY more bulk, 120 120 130 is fuckin nuts
idk, maybe it'll be around when the dlc drops or when home drops, could be fun to try out for a few

people kinda skimp over it cause psychic just isnt that good of a typing, and cress wants to be a bulky pokemon, but cress has a LOT of amazing traits

a ground immunity, great bulk, and tera allows it to become a poison type who isnt afraid of ground types, which is really freaking nice for the meta
(i havent ran the calcs but i dont think valiant wants to eat a psychic from cress, and moonblast wont be doing that much.. maybe. someone else can bully me extensively if i'm wrong)

add that on with reliable recovery and you have a mon who can act as a pretty okay calm mind booster, similar to hatterene but without magic bounce in exchange for WWAAAAY more bulk, 120 120 130 is fuckin nuts
idk, maybe it'll be around when the dlc drops or when home drops, could be fun to try out for a few
I hope you're wrong

1LDK

Trial by fury
is a Top Team Rater
You mean the mon that isn't gonna be very good? Way too slow and frail for the meta.
I have used Hoopa-Unbounded in gen 7, its a specialized wall breaker/stall breaker that uses it sheer force to shit on defensive cores
tera dark means its quad U-turn weakness is now just 1-time, allowing it to bring the pain more
And stall teams these days don't have U-turn, or they have it on one mon. And even if it's bad against offense, its not like you wanna switch in directly

Its a very specific mon that its not good against offense, but defense is gonna get shredded

This is my first attempt at writing the kinds of essays I've seen used on this thread. If you see somewhere I could improve, please let me know!

In addition to Noivern, I've been experimenting in OU with another UU threat... Lokix!
:sv/Lokix: (he is going to steal your kneecaps)

The Set
Lokix's niche is in its strong First Impressions backed by Tinted Lens. For this purpose, I've been running the Band set:
:sv/Lokix: @ Choice Band
Tera Type: Bug
0/252/0/0/4/252
Adamant nature
-First Impression
-U-Turn
-Sucker Punch
-Leech Life​
This set excels at being a revenge killer for threats like Pult (109.1-128.7), Volc (77.7 - 91.6), Azumarill (81.1-95.5), Cinderace (114.9 - 135.5), etc. etc. etc. Basically, anything that's not Iron Valiant/Moth/Ghold or SUPER physically bulky like Sizable Incisor you can revenge with only a little chip (And even these take around 40-50% each so over the course of a game, they can't check it forever!). It does great into walls, too- Toxapex running "The Pex" is guaranteed 2HKO'd by Leech Life and Dozo takes 35% from U-Turn, which is not insignificant damage when your only recovery option is Rest. Thanks to First Impression, it can revenge kill weakened priority users like Tera Ice SD Bax, Breloom (D:), or Belly Drum Azumarill.

Weaknesses
Lokix is somewhat reliant on Tera to get many of its KOs (Tera Flying Moon and Pult in particular) and having to dedicate your Tera before the game is never good. It also struggles to revenge kill some prominent threats if they haven't been chipped enough, in particular Valiant and Moth. Its Stealth Rock weakness and inability to Tera out of its weaknesses can lead to it struggling to switch multiple times through a game, and with how shaky hazard removal is, it's not always something you can avoid.
The Game Plan and Team Options
Playing with Lokix is a game of switching: How many times Lokix can switch in and how many times the opponent can switch into something to check it. The team should be built with the goal of removing the threats that Lokix can't kill, like Valiant, and maximizing the amount of times Lokix can switch in. Hazard removal is of course a must, and I've found Talonflame to be effective with this as it doesn't fear Cinderace that come to revenge kill as opposed to Tusk which fears Will-o-Wisp. Pivots are also effective on such teams, such as Rotom-W, which can form a deadly VoltTurn core with the 'Kix. Lokix really enjoys hazard support that allows it to claim KOs on certain mons and limiting the amount of times checks can be checks. Mons like Chomp and Meow can help with this, the former having Rocks and a synergistic typing and the latter having Pivoting and Toxic Spikes. A spinblocker can be useful if you choose to use a less durable setter like Meow. Cinderace can also do the job with Court Change, as well as having semi-complementary typing.

Other Sets
Lokix doesn't have much in the way of other options. Throat Chop is an option to damage Dirge while also preventing Torch Song, but Dirge can still burn it, and Throat Chop isn't even a guaranteed OHKO with Adamant Band. It can run a Timid nature to outspeed Jolly offensive Tusk and NP Gholdengo, but it struggles to damage Ghould without Throat Chop while Offensive Tusk is rareish and will usually have a Rapid Spin boost anyway. You're better off going for your priority in both circumstances. It could run a Swords Dance set with Tera Dark Sucker Punch, but this loses out on the reliable revenge-killing it can do and Lokix is generally too frail to set up anyways. It can run Axe Kick to OHKO Gambit (and 2HKO Treads) but this has several problems. For one, Gambit usually Teras into something not weak to fighting. For another, the time at which gambit will be brought out is the endgame, where Lokix is weakened enough to be killed by Sucker Punch. Lastly, the 10% (read: 100%) miss chance and recoil can limit the amount of times Lokix can do its job with Rocks up. You can also run Rain Dance for discount Gallade :D

Conclusion
I'm not writing a full paragraph for this because I'm kinda running out of steam but Lokix is just a fun 'mon to use and it can work if you use it right. Thanks for reading!

I have used Hoopa-Unbounded in gen 7, its a specialized wall breaker/stall breaker that uses it sheer force to shit on defensive cores
tera dark means its quad U-turn weakness is now just 1-time, allowing it to bring the pain more
And stall teams these days don't have U-turn, or they have it on one mon. And even if it's bad against offense, its not like you wanna switch in directly

Its a very specific mon that its not good against offense, but defense is gonna get shredded
The issue is it really struggles with any team that has any semblance of speed. It can break fat, sure (maybe), but you can also just run something that does this while also being a better overall Pokemon vs more of the meta. The priority everywhere is also awful for it.

I do think Hoopa will be pretty unhealthy for the Meta. Has way too many offensive options and Tera types. With Scarf it can even break offensive teams too. Maybe its not broken, since there will be counterplay to every set, but its not a Mon I want to see in the Meta. Its not a Mon I ever wanted to see since it got released in ORAS, doesn,t add anything positive besides another wallbreaker. There was no need for Hoopa to have a second form, it was already decent without it.

Regarding Magearna, with Z Moves it was fine for me. Then in SS it got Trick. That is the one move (combined with lack of Megas and Z Moves to absorb it ) that broke it, Specs alone broke through nearly everything and crippled the few things it couldn,t. This is just Specs set, since it still had a million other sets (like Double Dance + Stored Power). So, its much more obvious Ban than Hoopa.

Chesnaught meanwhile is a nice addition to the Tier. Fun calc:

0 SpA Chesnaught Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Great Tusk: 360-426 (82.9 - 98.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

I do think Hoopa will be pretty unhealthy for the Meta. Has way too many offensive options and Tera types. With Scarf it can even break offensive teams too. Maybe its not broken, since there will be counterplay to every set, but its not a Mon I want to see in the Meta. Its not a Mon I ever wanted to see since it got released in ORAS, doesn,t add anything positive besides another wallbreaker. There was no need for Hoopa to have a second form, it was already decent without it.

Regarding Magearna, with Z Moves it was fine for me. Then in SS it got Trick. That is the one move (combined with lack of Megas and Z Moves to absorb it ) that broke it, Specs alone broke through nearly everything and crippled the few things it couldn,t. This is just Specs set, since it still had a million other sets (like Double Dance + Stored Power). So, its much more obvious Ban than Hoopa.

0 SpA Chesnaught Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Great Tusk: 360-426 (82.9 - 98.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Hoopa-U would have been nice in SS. Mag also got spikes this gen so probably we will see it on fat teams with spikes and volt switch.

I’ve 6-0ed a lot of unsuspecting teams with CM Moonlight Stored Power Substitute Cresselia. It’s not necessarily something I’ve used too much in OU properly, but in smaller-run formats it’s been amazing. Whenever home drops I’m probably going to abuse this with a defensive Tera to beat a lot of teams without dark types.

I’ve 6-0ed a lot of unsuspecting teams with CM Moonlight Stored Power Substitute Cresselia. It’s not necessarily something I’ve used too much in OU properly, but in smaller-run formats it’s been amazing. Whenever home drops I’m probably going to abuse this with a defensive Tera to beat a lot of teams without dark types.
I have been thinking in that, tera poison cress is going to be annoying without a trick mon. Mew also looks interesting now that you can solve its main issue of being a pure psychic type.

Even the ogres Landorus-I, Magearna, Urshifu and Spectrier must be tried at least a day in this new metagame.
spectrier got draining kiss do you really want to entertain that idea when it's going to be even stronger than it was before. Not to mention it matches up will vs most of the meta (besides kingambit ig but even that can be burned if it's not tera fire). I really don't think we need to waste our time with some of these pokemon because we know that they're going to be busted (Lando-I has never beaten the broken in OU allegations what makes you think now that it has NP and tera that it's going to be ok this time).
I'd love to see spectrier, lando-I, urshifu SS and magerna instantly quickbanned, we all know how they're going to end up anyways. Why even bother spending a few days to confirm "yup they're still broken who knew"

Anyways let's talk H-Samurott.
:sv/Samurott-Hisui:
HP: 90
Attack: 108
Defense: 80
Special Attack: 100
Special Defense: 65
Speed: 85

"Whatever happens after this, you'd better not forget me. Because you
and me are going to make a world where anything can be changed if you have the
will..."

I'm really excited to try this pokemon out because while its stats aren't very impressive ceaseless edge sounds like a funny ass move to spam. Not to mention it has some other cool options like knock off and sharpness boosted sacred sword/razor shell, x scizzor becomes actually real with sharpness too so you don't need megahorn as much, taunt, ice beam and grass knot. While its defenses are poor, it actually has some "easy" switches vs some common meta mons. Most notably, it resists both of kingambit's stabs and threatens it with ss, and it also takes hits from non bug buzz volcarona pretty nicely. The rising slowking also invites it in, and if it didn't go for chilly reception, you get a safe ceaseless edge and some chip damage to go with it.
I've tried theory crafting some sets for it, although I can't speak to their effectiveness, as I haven't actually played with them and I'm also pretty bad at this game.

I am the radiant [NU superstar] which lights the way to the sons of man. Come. I shall grant your yearning
desire for battle...

Set #1: Choice Scarf (I will carve a path... for my master's (baxcalibur probably) universe!)
Fucked up Flynn (Samurott-Hisui) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sharpness
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ceaseless Edge
- Knock Off
- Razor Shell
- Sacred Sword/Grass knot? (Naive is running knot)

This set exists to spam the crap out of ceaseless edge and have 3 filler moves. 85 base speed is hardly impressive but it's one point over gholdengo so that's nice. Tragically, it doesn't get the jump on any other common scarf users besides gholdengo but oh well. Knock off is here and I don't think I need to explain that, razor shell if you need a water move and sacred sword is really just here for kingambit but hitting bax hard too is a nice bonus. Don't worry, sacred sword does one shot gambit. Grass knot might as be worth it because it's a 2HKO vs phys def tusk, where razor shell is only a 3HKO. Tera ghost is to spin block and I also couldn't think of any better ideas. Blocks CC from tusk as well so that's handy.
A lot of the calcs aren't very impressive on their own BUT it is worth noting that razor shell has a 50% chance to lower defense, so if you're good with coin flips you might just be able to muscle past pokemon that would otherwise be problematic.

Most of these are pretty obvious but whatever
252 Atk Sharpness Samurott-Hisui Sacred Sword vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Baxcalibur: 278-328 (74.9 - 88.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Sharpness Samurott-Hisui Sacred Sword vs. 236 HP / 0 Def Kingambit: 444-524 (111 - 131%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Sharpness Samurott-Hisui Ceaseless Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gholdengo: 290-344 (92 - 109.2%) -- 50% chance to OHKO (boosted knock off should instantly kill it tho)

0 SpA Samurott-Hisui Grass Knot (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Great Tusk: 284-336 (65.4 - 77.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Sharpness Samurott-Hisui Razor Shell vs. -1 252 HP / 252+ Def Great Tusk: 288-342 (66.3 - 78.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery (-1 is relevant because if someone is enough of a lunatic to switch their tusk in on this then it might drop defense)

Set #2: AV (my set is a bit different!)
Keith (Samurott-Hisui) @ Assault Vest
Tera Type: Fire? Fairy? Idk tbh
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Ceaseless Edge
- Knock Off
- Sacred Sword
- Razor Shell

Same damn moveset as before, exciting I know. This set aims to patch up Samurott's shitty bulk to allow it to actually take a hit. Notably, this set with tera fire might do well into volcarona because tera fire blocks burn and also resists giga drain and firey dance. Sacred sword can be swapped for knot again but you really don't want to lose the defense or speed you'd have to give up. Just smack tusk with a somewhat sad razor shell like a normal person. The extra bulk lets you spam ceaseless edge more, which is what we're really here for. I imagine this would work well with wish scream tail and pivots like washtom or corv

4 Atk Sharpness Samurott-Hisui Razor Shell vs. 248 HP / 108 Def Volcarona: 318-374 (85.2 - 100.2%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO (although just going for edge here is fine too, it's a 3HKO but you shall see that volc can't touch you

+6 0 SpA Volcarona Fiery Dance vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Samurott-Hisui: 140-165 (36.4 - 42.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 SpA Volcarona Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Samurott-Hisui: 106-126 (27.6 - 32.8%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252 SpA Tera Grass Volcarona Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Samurott-Hisui: 158-188 (41.1 - 48.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Bug buzz hurts more but you can either tera out of that weakness/it's default on the damage calc but I've never seen bug buzz volc

252 SpA Gholdengo Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Samurott-Hisui: 168-198 (43.7 - 51.5%) -- 10.9% chance to 2HKO
In the event some psychotic asshole does this play

252 SpA Choice Specs Dragapult Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Samurott-Hisui: 168-198 (43.7 - 51.5%) -- 9.4% chance to 2HKO

252 SpA Glimmora Energy Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Samurott-Hisui: 124-148 (32.2 - 38.5%) -- 98.2% chance to 3HKO

0 Atk Great Tusk Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Samurott-Hisui: 163-193 (42.4 - 50.2%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO

4 Atk Sharpness Samurott-Hisui Sacred Sword vs. 236 HP / 0 Def Kingambit: 356-420 (89 - 105%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO don't worry it still hurts

+2 252 SpA Hydreigon Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Samurott-Hisui: 120-142 (31.2 - 36.9%) -- 77.6% chance to 3HKO

Set #3: Taunt shit (Most unlucky for you)
Real Walter @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Atk / 248 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Ceaseless Edge
- Knock Off
- Razor Shell

While we do love knock off, it may be worth thinking about using a different move like ice beam, sacred sword or grass knot. Hell, maybe it would be worth dropping razor shell for hydro pump. Much to think on.
Anyways this set probably sucks ass compared to meow. Taunt is a great move and so is edge but at the same time damn mf you are SLOW! The only real benefit you're getting is outspeeding non scarf rotom who's just gonna volt switch your stupid ass anyways and better bulk than meow. And ceaseless edge. Might work ok as a lead because of edge though. Might be worth to invest in offenses more.

Set #4: Mixed (Such is a samurai's skill!)
Johnathan @ Life Orb
Tera Type: Grass (maybe dark?)
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Ceaseless Edge
- Knock Off/Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot

Other options: Sacred sword, sucker punch, drill run, air slash if you're weird (don't use air slash), blizzard if you're a gambling man.

Why use this over regular samurott? Have you been paying attention? Not even gonna answer that.
Mixed lets you get past some annoying physical walls while also keeping your options open vs special walls. The main flaw of this set is its longevity, or rather, lack thereof. Life orb is already beating your ass as are hazard as are the shitty defenses and speed. It's a hard life for H-Samurott but if you can actually get it in it might do some good work. Hits surprisingly hard. Might pair well with slowking, blizzard having perfect accuracy for a few turns thanks to chilly reception could be cool. The main issue with this set is how you'd likely need a lot of prediction to actually pick up KOs, but it's ok because ceaseless edge gets you spikes no matter what you hit so if all else fails you can just click that, and if they switch to a slower wall they might just eat shit anyways.

4 Atk Life Orb Sharpness Samurott-Hisui Ceaseless Edge vs. -1 252 HP / 204+ Def Hatterene: 172-203 (54 - 63.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Life Orb Samurott-Hisui Grass Knot (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Great Tusk: 515-606 (118.6 - 139.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Life Orb Samurott-Hisui Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 84 SpD Amoonguss: 255-302 (59 - 69.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Life Orb Samurott-Hisui Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Corviknight: 242-286 (60.6 - 71.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Life Orb Tera Grass Samurott-Hisui Grass Knot (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Tera Water Garganacl: 361-429 (89.3 - 106.1%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO

252+ SpA Life Orb Samurott-Hisui Grass Knot (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Dondozo: 294-346 (58.3 - 68.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Life Orb Tera Grass Samurott-Hisui Grass Knot (60 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Azumarill: 190-226 (47 - 55.9%) -- 69.9% chance to 2HKO (not an impressive calc but it shows that it's not a totally unpunished switch)

Set #5: Swords Dance AKA he actually thinks he's gallade
Samurott-Hisui @ Leftovers OR Covert Cloak to set up in non body press garg's face
Tera Type: Fighting/Water/Dark
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe OR 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant/Jolly Nature (Jolly with no speed evs sounds dumb as fuck but it lets you outspeed washtom before it can twave/wisp)
- Swords Dance
- Sacred Sword/Ceaseless Edge/Razor Shell/Knock Off
- Razor Shell/Ceaseless Edge/Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

Dropping edge may seem sacrilegious and it probably is. This set is very likely to be turbo ass. Good luck actually setting up on anyone. Using Samurott's very limited defensive utility in its type (you can survive one shadow ball from specs pult with no investment, two at least with max HP, can take hits from gambit) you might get something rolling. I'm leaning more towards max HP as I speak while typing this. Once you're at +2 you become an actual freight train that becomes risky to revenge kill thanks to sucker punch. If you do choose to keep ceaseless edge, you even get some spikes up when you attack to make it even harder to switch into your attacks. I think I might actually recommend jolly because from what I can tell you don't hit many more important damage ranges with adamant compared to jolly. Sad!

+2 252 Atk Tera Dark Samurott-Hisui Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Meowscarada: 180-212 (61.4 - 72.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (needs to be healthy to revenge kill)

+2 252 Atk Samurott-Hisui Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Dragapult: 510-602 (160.8 - 189.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO (goes without saying)

+2 252 Atk Sharpness Samurott-Hisui Razor Shell vs. 252 HP / 140+ Def Garganacl: 416-492 (102.9 - 121.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252 Atk Sharpness Tera Fighting Samurott-Hisui Sacred Sword vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Multiscale Tera Normal Dragonite: 402-474 (124.4 - 146.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO (a dubious calc because how does this happen but let's live a little)

+2 252 Atk Sharpness Tera Dark Samurott-Hisui Ceaseless Edge vs. 252 HP / 192+ Def Toxapex: 206-244 (67.7 - 80.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 252 Atk Sharpness Samurott-Hisui Razor Shell vs. 252 HP / 192+ Def Tera Fairy Toxapex: 178-211 (58.5 - 69.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 252 Atk Sharpness Samurott-Hisui Razor Shell vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Corviknight: 223-264 (55.8 - 66.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery (might be an easy set up opportunity because it might try to defog hazards before doing anything +sam is faster than every corv)

+2 252 Atk Sharpness Samurott-Hisui Ceaseless Edge vs. 252 HP / 172+ Def Amoonguss: 273-322 (63.1 - 74.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+2 252 Atk Sharpness Tera Fighting Samurott-Hisui Sacred Sword vs. 252 HP / 244+ Def Rotom-Wash: 267-315 (87.8 - 103.6%) -- 25% chance to OHKO

+2 252+ Atk Sharpness Tera Fighting Samurott-Hisui Sacred Sword vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Unaware Dondozo: 187-222 (37.1 - 44%) -- 99.9% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery (he tried, spikes damage could be huge for breaking this)

+2 252+ Atk Sharpness Tera Dark Samurott-Hisui Ceaseless Edge vs. 252 HP / 204+ Def Hatterene: 316-374 (99.3 - 117.6%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

+2 252+ Atk Sharpness Tera Dark Samurott-Hisui Razor Shell vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Great Tusk: 420-494 (96.7 - 113.8%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

Set #6: Choice Band AKA like if you miss chien pao (I'll end it thus!)
Samurott-Hisui @ Choice Band
Tera Type: Dark/Water/Fighting
Jolly/Adamant Nature
- Ceaseless Edge
- Sacred Sword
- Sucker Punch/Aqua Jet
- Razor Shell

You could also try x-scissor/knock off/drill run but idk what you need drill run or x-scissor for. Same deal as the last set but with immediate power. Tera type is personal preference but I'd probably choose dark. Not much to say, probably ass because good luck switching in/nice speed bozo. Calcs are mostly the same as last time, probably better than SD.

In Conclusion...
I think H-Samurott could have an ok niche in OU thanks to how busted ceaseless edge is. While it looks like it'll be hard to get on the field, the rewards for doing so seem pretty strong. Secret top tier? Noob trap? An excuse to make cringe SMT 4 references? You decide....

...We meet again. Have you begun to notice yet? How this world is
beyond salvation... Let us wipe the slate clean and create a new one together!

Hoopa-U is likely gonna be really niche. UUBL at best I feel. Yeah it can tera and become stupid, but it's also kinda slow, destroyed by faster scarfers, and you're never beating the "Dies to Burn" allegations

Hoopa-U is likely gonna be really niche. UUBL at best I feel. Yeah it can tera and become stupid, but it's also kinda slow, destroyed by faster scarfers, and you're never beating the "Dies to Burn" allegations
Nasty plot Hoopa-U destroys the unaware trio unless they tera unboosted, that while they need to scout with set it is. Defensive teams are going to suffer a lot with it.

1LDK

Trial by fury
is a Top Team Rater
Honestly
I dont wanna ban magearna
Its the only one from the "not beating allegations" grup that i actually like, i know its busted, but i like it :blobpex:

I don't see the point of having them if they'll end up banned either way, they all got boost in new moves to make them even more broken.

I don't know about Hoopa-U tho but even that one may be good in this meta.

Can't wait to see how Magearna ban will be delayed until tera's re-test because everyone will blame tera for it to be OP.
i think the general consensus right now is that it'll probably be broken regardless of tera. it's got everything that it had going for it last gen—the best defensive typing in the game, great stats, wide movepool, busted ability, setup capability—and, if the leaks are true, it gains spikes. i doubt they'll do much delaying of bans post-home either, considering how poorly received the first tera suspect's timing was

i think the general consensus right now is that it'll probably be broken regardless of tera. it's got everything that it had going for it last gen—the best defensive typing in the game, great stats, wide movepool, busted ability, setup capability—and, if the leaks are true, it gains spikes. i doubt they'll do much delaying of bans post-home either, considering how poorly received the first tera suspect's timing was
Idk, many of the anti tera posters have been saying that tera is the reason why a lot of the current ubers got ban, despite not being the case in most of the bans. I got the feeling that the first polls are going to target tera as the main issue by the anti tera side so we can get the tera re test before any other suspect. That is only my impression though, may be wrong.

You mean the mon that isn't gonna be very good? Way too slow and frail for the meta.
LMAO. In the Tera-Meta Hoopa-U is disgusting because of Choice+Tera Sets, specially the Physical one, Hoopa-U only need Tera Dark and spam HSFury or Knock Off, you may think why not use Bax since it's faster and stronger, well Bax strongest move has an immunity and can't bypass protects or subs, you can't stall or defend from Hoopa, it's one of the few mons who just needs 4 attacks alone to wreck the meta, hell Hoopa-U is one of the few natural KnockOff users so you don't even need to spam HSFury so get some progress since they do pretty much the same damage if the opponent has an item while taking away said item. I been using Hoopa-U in NatDex to great success and that meta has twice(three maybe if you count form changes) the threats and three times the gimmicks, hell even the special sets are borederline stupid, put it on PsySpam teams and kill everything with either boosted HSHoles or go TeraDark and spam Dark Pulse. Also people are calling it frail like REALLLY?? Sure it can't take physical hits but on the special side on other hand can tank some heavy stuff.
252 SpA Iron Valiant Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Hoopa-Unbound: 236-278 (78.4 - 92.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Dragapult Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tera Dark Hoopa-Unbound: 211-250 (70 - 83%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Band
Ability: Magician
Tera Type: Dark
Jolly Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Zen Headbutt
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off

Tera Type: Psychic/Dark
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid/Hasty Nature
- Hyperspace Hole
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast/Drain Punch
- Psyshock/Tera Blast

Some replays of it in action:

Let me tell ya about Cress, I had the misfortune of facing that stupid duck and Tera makes it so incredible annoying. Tera Poison makes a nasty combo with that bulky and it's moveset, especially since most psychic types are special so it can calm mind and take games if you're not prepared and even with some preparation it can still be an annoyance and let's not get started on Tera Poison Mew. I faced a few of those in NatDex and if you don't have a physical psychic mon or taunt mon who resists its attack, you gonna have a bad time especially if rather than poison you end up facing a Steel Variant which is also annoying, more resists for one extra weakness.

Edit:
2 extra weaknesses, steel is weak to fire/fighting. Although annoyingly poison and steel resistant each other’s weaknesses pretty well, which makes Cress’s ability to bluff what type it is incredibly strong. That will ultimately make it the most annoying wall in the game imo
I was making a comparison with the Tera Poison who only has 1 Weakness compared to Steel who has 2, that's why one extra weakness.

Last edited:
LMAO. In the Tera-Meta Hoopa-U is disgusting because of Choice+Tera Sets, specially the Physical one, Hoopa-U only need Tera Dark and spam HSFury or Knock Off, you may think why not use Bax since it's faster and stronger, well Bax strongest move has an immunity and can't bypass protects or subs, you can't stall or defend from Hoopa, it's one of the few mons who just needs 4 attacks alone to wreck the meta, hell Hoopa-U is one of the few natural KnockOff users so you don't even need to spam HSFury so get some progress since they do pretty much the same damage if the opponent has an item while taking away said item. I been using Hoopa-U in NatDex to great success and that meta has twice(three maybe if you count form changes) the threats and three times the gimmicks, hell even the special sets are borederline stupid, put it on PsySpam teams and kill everything with either boosted HSHoles or go TeraDark and spam Dark Pulse. Also people are calling it frail like REALLLY?? Sure it can't take physical hits but on the special side on other hand can tank some heavy stuff.
252 SpA Iron Valiant Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Hoopa-Unbound: 236-278 (78.4 - 92.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Dragapult Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tera Dark Hoopa-Unbound: 211-250 (70 - 83%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Tera Type: Dark
Jolly Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Zen Headbutt
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off

Tera Type: Psychic/Dark
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid/Hasty Nature
- Hyperspace Hole
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast/Drain Punch
- Psyshock/Tera Blast

Some replays of it in action:

Let me tell ya about Cress, I had the misfortune of facing that stupid duck and Tera makes it so incredible annoying. Tera Poison makes a nasty combo with that bulky and it's moveset, especially since most psychic types are physical so it can calm mind and take games if you're not prepared and even with some preparation it can still be an annoyance and let's not get started on Tera Poison Mew. I faced a few of those in NatDex and if you don't have a physical psychic mon or taunt mon who resists its attack, you gonna have a bad time especially if rather than poison you end up facing a Steel Variant which is also annoying, more resists for one extra weakness.
2 extra weaknesses, steel is weak to fire/fighting. Although annoyingly poison and steel resistant each other’s weaknesses pretty well, which makes Cress’s ability to bluff what type it is incredibly strong. That will ultimately make it the most annoying wall in the game imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)