Super Street Fighter 4

So I was going to wait till the release date to make this topic, but seeing as the game has already leaked and some stores are already selling it, I figured why not make it now! ITT, feel free to discuss anything SSF4 including tiering, future tournaments, amazing vids, etc.

I mained Balrog and Abel in SF4, and I plan to add Dee Jay and Dudley to my arsenal! Possibly Makoto or Ibuki as well, depending on how they play. From what I hear, Cody is going to be easy to pick up and high tiered. Also, Dudley is supposed to be the new Sagat in terms of tiering, so I'll probably take a lot of heat for using him (like I did for maining Balrog).

Also, if you want to play other Smogonites, feel free to join and exchange info and what not here:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/group.php?groupid=400

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
The path to true Saikyo power is no cakewalk! You couldn’t handle it!

Huy

INSTANT BALLS
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I'm the best in japan, heh, I'm the best in the freaking world.

Honda reppin' it! Can't wait to 720 butt slam everyone here.

Eiganjo

So who did buy all the stroopwafels?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Ill pick this up with a discount I guess ;)
I main Rose, glad to see she got some buffs, but im also very interested in how Hakan will play out

I'm planning on picking this up provided it has a solid netcode. Anyway I plan on either maining Balrog, or Dudley as I have always loved boxing characters ever since I saw the kangaroo in Tekken. I'll probably end up using both in case people decide to bitch at me for using "The new Sagat."

Looking forward to this game despite its probably mediocre online. Not a lot of people seem to use PSN here though but whatever.

Not sure who I'll use. Juri looks the most interesting so far, so as long as she's solid I'll probably end up maining her.

Its a shame that this game comes up right when exams roll over for me. I will be using Juri though when I finally do get this game.

Blame Game: Juri is apparently unsafe as fuck, has awkward fireball holdings, and her most useful fireball is her LK, which overlaps with her hit confirm and teching. Oh and Fei has an infinite on her. But she's still fairly flexible, so that's a plus.

Went to the midnight release and have been playing all night. The online features have vastly improved! Also, much less lag vs. some friends of mine than what we faced in vanilla. So far so good!

Anyone who's on playstation add me and we'll play. I seem to say that in every fighting game thread and never check back but I'm going to legitimately be playing this game like every day (as I did with vanilla IV).

I'm loving the new and improved S-Tier Chun/Guile (supposedly!), however I'm going to see where Juri takes me for the time being. Too stoked about this!

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I'm new to this game and I'm wondering if you guys would reccomend I learn to play with that new-fangled control pad supposedly made especially for this game or just stick with the regular pad?

It looks nice and there's one for most of the main characters but I've heard mixed reviews on it's performance. Help!

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If possible, pick up a stick instead. My friends are slowly moving to that as it seems you'll be able to hit a higher skill ceiling than with a pad.

Firestorm gave you the correct answer. A good fight stick is generally way better than a good fight pad. There are of course exceptions, but generally people that have used both will tell you how great a stick is once you get used to it.

I would personally rather use a regular controller than a fight pad, cause I at least am already familiar with the controller's button layout. But yeah, stick is the way to go if you have the cash. A cheap stick is way better than a fight pad, and would probably only cost you $20 more at most (I'm just guessing here... but I've seen decent sticks go for $40, and I've seen fight pads sell for up to $30 so...).

Last night I was mostly testing out the online play with characters I'm used to. Today I'm hitting up the training and challenge modes with Dudley, and possibly Hakan!

that fight pad looks really bulky and awkward. fight sticks are definitely the way to go. being able to use your entire hand really gives the game more of a "natural" feel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)