Super Smash Bros. Brawl Discussion #2 (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too, my girl loves games so it will be fun to play along.

"Intense" difficulty, it should be "insane", sounds better.

The teams are made depending your actions. And there we can see Kirby teaming up with Zelda, so that should answer the previous question (when Petey was introduced).

Steelicks

Come here and Battle me!
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
how you unlock sonic the hedgehog: by beating it on intense difficulty without losing any lives or using any items in under 10 minutes and use strength to move the truck and you will find him underneath

how you unlock sonic the hedgehog: by beating it on intense difficulty without losing any lives or using any items in under 10 minutes and use strength to move the truck and you will find him underneath
Lol...old mew rumor for the win :P

Cool to see that they have added a co-op option to adventure mode. It really looks like they're really overhauling for the adventure mode this time.

When I saw "Team" as the update title I thought it was a 2-player vs. 2-player like in melee, but this is the best thing I've ever seen. I'm am sure to do this with my friends and my brother. Do you think there might even be a co-op classic mode.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
When I saw "Team" as the update title I thought it was a 2-player vs. 2-player like in melee, but this is the best thing I've ever seen. I'm am sure to do this with my friends and my brother. Do you think there might even be a co-op classic mode.
The way I saw it was that I was refreshing about 4 or 5 languages as usual. Saw German site update, no idea wtf was going on. Then saw the French update, read "Equipe" and then the first two lines that confirmed co-op.

And it's just like Sonic and Tails in Sonic 2 and Sonic 3 & Knuckles! Sonic & Tails confirmed! We shall ignore the logical part of our brain that tells us this is from Kirby Superstar.

Death Phenomeno

I'm polite so just for clarity, when I'm cross I
is a Contributor Alumnus
I play alone, but this update might not be so bad for people like me.

Perhaps you can have a CPU companion? I doubt it, but who knows.

Slightly off-topic:

Am I the only one having trouble with the RSS? Since yesterday it hasn't loaded, says that it failed to do so. I don't like having to go to the main site.

Great update for my girlfriend and my brother as they both would love to do co-op with me on Subspace Emissary. :)

Mixing Sonic rumors with classic Mew rumors is genius.

I really had to sig this.^^

Sonuis

Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated!
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Oh!

Oh, I forgot to make my super post last week, didn't I? Well, I guess I'll include it with this one. 9/24/07 -> 10/5/07.
  • 9/24/07 - Game Modes - Trophies.
    • Cool, trophies have returned. I loved collecting these in Super Smash Bros. Melee, and liked the information they gave. Now there's new features, more trophies, and I'm sure another detail here and there. Of course, that one screen shot could use less Tingle and more of something else.
  • 9/25/07 - Characters - Diddy Kong's Final Smash.
    • The Rocket Barrel Barrage. Fly and shoot and explode! What more could be said?
  • 9/26/07 - Items - Assist Trophy Characters - Mr. Resetti.
    • Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah DON'T RESET THE GAME!
  • 9/27/07 - Characters - Pokémon Trainer's Final Smash.
    • Triple Finish. Hydro Pump, Solarbeam, and Fire Blast. coming at you. IT'S SUPER EFFECTIVE! I like this a lot since it goes with the Pokémon pertaining to them.
  • 9/28/07 - Game Modes - Tourney.
    • Tournament mode comes back. I really couldn't care less if it came back or not. It was something I didn't use at all. Maybe I'll use this version if it's a little more up-to-date.
  • 10/1/07 - Characters - Lucas.
    • It's a brand new character from the Earthbound series. Mother 3 (Essentially, Earthbound 2) makes its was into the US in this manner. Does this mean anything for NA? Even Europe? We'll have to wait and see until the time comes. I wonder if Ness will return... probably.
  • 10/2/07 - Stages - Shadow Moses Island
    • Eat Yoshi? That's pretty bad. The stage looks cool, and those little clips are funny. I wonder what other characters reactions will be like.
  • 10/2/07 - Characters - Movie: Snake Joins the Brawl!
    • I wish the flash movies would work, but I saw it through other means. This is a neat movie as it shows more crazy game play, and Snake. Things just keep on going up for this game.
  • 10/3/07 - Items - Assist Trophy Characters: Excitebike (Lakitu)
    • It looks like we won't just be having full on 3D models of each assist trophy character. Pixel action will be coming at us with the Excitebike spam. It's a ground version of Beedrill/Unown. Fun. Then of course, we've got the Lakitu who will be annoying due to the Spinies he'll be tossing onto the stage. I wonder what kind of damage they'll deal.
  • 10/4/07 - How To Play - Shielding & Dodging
    • I don't really have much to say here. At least it's a nice way to teach newcomers.
  • 10/4/07 - Characters - Fox's Final Smash.
    • Landmaster. Stupid tank, I hate you. I like this final smash though as it eats away through the stage size. Though, what happens on the Bridge of Eldin if the bridge collapses and you're in the Landmaster? Doesn't sound good to me.
  • 10/5/07 - Game Modes - Team
    • In The Subspace Emissary, we can now play co-op. Kirby Super Star/Street Fighter style. Well, sort of like that. I like this a lot, but this comes to my mind. How long is this? It actually seems as though The Subspace Emissary has a lot of depth to it than we actually thought it wasn't going to have. Maybe I'm overestimating it though. Let's just wait and see.
Okie-doke. That does it. Lots of good updates, and even a new character. What happens next week? We will just have to wait and see. Oh, we also have that conference to look forward to on Wednesday. Hopefully that information is true and that we'll hear a bit more on the character roster.

I really like the team idea. I'm so glad they've put in a co-op mode. And I like the whole "map of levels" idea.. I bet adventure mode is going to be one of the best parts of the game.

I think they just changed up the names a bit. In other words, "Hard" is the old "Normal," and "Intense" is the old "Very Hard." That's my take on it, anyway.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
All difficulty level really does is turn up the handicap settings. Hopefully they change that and give them better AI or something.

Come to think of it, that really reminds me of co-op play in Kirby Superstar. Remember how if your helper went off screen, it would catch up back to you as a star?
Sonius should know what I'm talking about.

Sakurai made that game to, so we shouldnt be surprised

Come to think of it, that really reminds me of co-op play in Kirby Superstar. Remember how if your helper went off screen, it would catch up back to you as a star?
Sonuis should know what I'm talking about.
And don't forget the All-Star Mode in Melee was largely based off the 'The Arena' from Kirby Super Star/Fun Pak.

I really don't like that the majority of the stages so far all "break," "move," or just "change." All of these are really gimmicky and I guess you could say cheap.

The only stages that are pretty "straightforward" would be Battlefield. Yeah. That's one. Pokemon Stadium 2 can't count since it changes itself with like bumps and obstacles.

Why can't we have another "Temple" or "Final Destination" stage..

I really don't like that the majority of the stages so far all "break," "move," or just "change." All of these are really gimmicky and I guess you could say cheap.

The only stages that are pretty "straightforward" would be Battlefield. Yeah. That's one. Pokemon Stadium 2 can't count since it changes itself with like bumps and obstacles.

Why can't we have another "Temple" or "Final Destination" stage..
anything and everything can be called gimmicky.

and wait :P they will show up with time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)