Super Mario World on Lunarmagic

norulz

excellent
I'm starting this thread with a proper introduction.

We all know of a little Nintendo legend named Mario. We've all played or heard of his games, one specific game, for the SNES, Super Mario World has always been my choice when playing the SNES. Since the SNES is out of date, if someone wants to know, by the way, how I manage to play Super Mario World, well, I use ZSNES (download here), said to be the best SNES emulator, and it certainly is in my opinion. I so happen to have fallen in love with this game, so much, that when I heard about a thing as Super Demo World, I was stunned, now this unnoficial version was released a long time ago, so you might have heard or played this version of the original game. It so happens, that this version is much cooler than the original release, and you can see all about it in here: http://fusoya.panicus.org/lm/index.html. A FAQ, screenshots, the two demos launched by the creator and the so called editor: Lunarmagic is found here.
If you are by any chance interested on knowing about this editor, well, PM me. I will be sure to reply ASAP. If you have doubts, again, PM.

Here's what I'm planning on achieving with this. If a group of two or more people decide to help me up with this incredible program, we would edit some levels, or if possible all of them, and release our version of the program.
This would be great not only for us Smogoners to get to know our fellow posters more, but to actually work together.

It isn't hard to use the editor, hence the FAQ not being too big. (You will find the FAQ, like I said, in their official Lunarmagic site).

A few notes:

THE EDITOR WILL ONLY WORK WITH THE AMERICAN VERSION OF THE GAME AND WITH ZSNES, ANY OTHER EMULATOR WILL BE REJECTED BY THE PROGRAM.

The intended release will not be for sale, it'll be 100% free.

Your name and nickname on Smogon will be listed on the staff list, as well on the introduction message.

If you HAVE played this game, you will certainly know that there are about three help boxes per level. Well, we'll be editing those boxes into subliminal Smogon messages, or just funny stuff that you may come up with.

You can edit your levels into whatever you may wish, as long as they're not impossible to be cleared.

I, and whoever wants to help me, will do a FAQ on our release, helping other players with our intended released.
I will give you my e-mail or vice-versa to work on the program, we can chat about it on IRC, and you can block or delete my e-mail if you wish when we're done.

Titles to the game such as Super Smogon World (heh) will be allowed, come up with ideas, then PM.
You may also reply with ideas you'd like to implement or see me implement on the ROM. (But please, make sure you get informed before you post, as impossible ideas will be rejected at sight).

It takes three things to accomplish this: two of them I've listed, the Emulator ZSNES, and the editor Lunarmagic, the thing I haven't listed was the ROM itself. Now this program, as good and handy as it may be, doesn't accept all the Super Mario World ROMs, don't ask me why. If you are interested in working on this either solo or with me, PM me, add me, and I will gladly give you the ROM (U).

I have successfully done two levels on the game, but it was a while ago, I can, still, help you make the levels.

You do NOT have to work on this 24/7, any type of help will be appreciated.

I remember posting something like this once, but not as clarifying as this. Please reply.

Final EDIT: The original creators will also be credited if the results are released, thank you ;D
AND: Just so you get the gist of what you're looking at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmpbFDc8ZCA

I've been trying to do this project for quite a while, so I'd appreciate the feedback. Thank you for your time reading this.

norulz

excellent
4 items at once, The Key, A Turtle Shell, The P Block, and the Trampoline. That was sick
Yeah this is a common bug explored in MANY levels of the Original Demo World release.

You have to pick up two or more items at a time to be able to clear levels there, if you don't you won't clear them, or in the proper way at least.

Thanks for the feedback guys, though I should be expecting help by now :[

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)