SPOILERS! Sun and Moon SQSA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all,

Forgot to make this yesterday. Much like the normal OI Have a Question? Thread, this thread can be used to ask "Simple Questions and Simple Answers" for Sun and Moon. Please be sure to also check out this thread: http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...-read-the-op-before-posting-a-thread.3587186/ Up in Uncharted Territory too, for more battle related questions. OI will try to answer any ingame related questions you have. If it is to do with the metagame, please check out that thread.

I will endeavour to add any very frequently asked questions to the FAQ at the bottom of this post.

When posting in this thread, follow the following guidelines:

If your question is far into the game please use Spoiler tags! This can be done with the following code:

Code:
[Hide=Hide Me I'm a SPOILER!]
Topic of what you want to hide
[/hide]
This gives you the following:
Topic of what you want to hide

As the games still haven't come out in Europe, please try and keep things as spoiler free as possible!

Your answers should contain at least a brief explanation, even if it was the simplest of questions.

Please try to quote the question you're referring to, especially if it was a Yes / No question. It gets confusing otherwise.

At least do a simple Google search before asking the question here.

Also, if your question concerns the Battle Tree, please direct it to our Battle Tree thread which is run by NoCheese.

FAQ: Questions I have seen asked a few times already

What Megas are available for the time being? *These are only available Post Game*
http://pastebin.com/MvcEfSRG - Currently only the following have been found:
-Gengarite
-Scizorite
-Pinsirite
-Aerodactylite
-Lucarionite
-Kangaskhanite
-Gyaradosite
-Absolite
-Alakazite
-Garchompite
-Sablenite
-Metagrosite
-Sharpedonite
-Slowbronite
-Glalitite
-Salamencite
-Kanto Starters confirmed as a Battle Tree reward (Cheers LegoFigure11 for letting me know)

What Old Pokemon have been changed?
Check out this thread: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/old-mon-bst-ability-change-discussion.3586564/
Movepool updates here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/movepool-changes.3586517/ (May not be complete)

What Pokemon are not available in Alola?
Serebii has a list here: http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/unobtainable.shtml

Where are all the original discussion threads?
All the Pokemon threads were moved to here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/forums/sm-pre-release-discussion.389/
Please check out the new threads in Uncharted Territory
--------------------------
I have just happened to be a new member here. I want to play some online games here, for example, in Pokemon Showdown. Can you show me how to play the games here because every time I type my name and password, the site said "wrong password", they did not let me in yet?

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Who's the earliest Mon you can obtain ingame for Sun that learns Taunt? I'm considering collecting a bunch of Synchronize Abra and don't want them Teleporting away
Meowth at Level 25.

You might be better off using Fake Out to deal some damage before throwing the ball. It won't be much dammage, but Meowth learns that at Level 9. Because Abra's other ability is Inner Focus, it also means that only the Synchronize ones will give you a chance to catch them.

Hi, any way to turn the "call for help" mechanic off? It's so annoying trying to catch stuff when there's constantly more pokemon being summoned.

I know I asked this a few pages back, but since no one was able to answer, I'll ask again. How much does Battle Bond boost Water Shuriken in Ash-Greninja form?

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I know I asked this a few pages back, but since no one was able to answer, I'll ask again. How much does Battle Bond boost Water Shuriken in Ash-Greninja form?
It goes from 15 BP to 20 BP (+5 BP) and is guaranteed to hit exactly 3 times.

Did the finding of having a synchronizer lead when starting an SOS chain to affect all called Pokemon turn out true after all? Never found anything official as far as confirming it.

How do you get Gold Bottle Caps? Is it a random chance of getting one when you would receive a normal Bottle Cap?

Can Battle Tree opponents have Tapus?

Is there any limit on the number of gift Heart Scales you can get by eating at Seafolk Village?
gold bottlecaps can be found in the festival plaza. You can sometimes find them on the haunted cave/house/whatever booth or win them as the top prize of one of the three lottery booths. Might be found in another place, too.

You can also get them out of the treasure path from pokepelago

I imagine they're all pretty rare.

No, but giving the 'mon a status problem effectively stops it from calling for help.
I think the pre-trial Wishiwashi is an exception to this. It calls for help every turn and seems to succeed every time (it PP stalled my Crabrawler that could one hit it), and fainting the original seems to prevent the new ones calling for help (which isn't usually the case).

Does anyone know how long the trade lockout for a communication interruption is? I had an unfortunate error while trying to GTS for Dex data.

Edit: Access is back, still curious on exact numbers though

Last edited:
So, this page here says that now flame body and magma armor are stackable. Can anybody confirm whether this is true or not? I'm not finding it that trust worthy because it also says this:
Note that you need to leave the screen Paniola Ranch is situated on for an egg to be 'laid', and for her position to change – just running up and down the same screen won't do any good.
Which is... not true. At all.

Hey, I was wondering if there's a way to get multiple apricorn balls. Also what pokeball fits lunala? I was thinking the master ball...or should I save it for something else?

Hey, I was wondering if there's a way to get multiple apricorn balls. Also what pokeball fits lunala? I was thinking the master ball...or should I save it for something else?
Only way to get more Apricorn Balls is trading

Moon or Luxury for Lunala

Master Ball really isn't needed. Save it for a teleporting/exploding shiny you aren't prepared for.

I haven't finished the story yet, but was wondering, do you unlock the Battle Tree (+IV judge) immediately after the main game? Or after the UB sidequest?

Also, how do eggs work on the Poke Pelago? How fast do they hatch on average?

I haven't finished the story yet, but was wondering, do you unlock the Battle Tree (+IV judge) immediately after the main game? Or after the UB sidequest?

you have to go through the remainder of poni island (its like 3 areas in a row) and beat a bonus boss when you enter the battle tree area , but there's nothing stopping you from going there first thing.

you have to go through the remainder of poni island (its like 3 areas in a row) and beat a bonus boss when you enter the battle tree area , but there's nothing stopping you from going there first thing.
You also have to hatch 20 eggs before you can get the IV judge

--------------------------
I have just happened to be a new member here. I want to play some online games here, for example, in Pokemon Showdown. Can you show me how to play the games here because every time I type my name and password, the site said "wrong password", they did not let me in yet?
Hello and welcome to smogon. I'm not sure if anyone else answered your question yet, so I'll do the best I can: if you're looking to play on pokemon showdown, you actually just make an account on there, it's not linked to your smogon account (as far as I know), and anyone can use pokemon showdown, you don't necessarily need an account, just make a name. Also, for the future, this question is better off asked here:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...-read-before-posting-a-thread.3520646/page-59

But it's ok for now, you'll learn your way around smogon. Posting in the correct thread will just get you a swifter response.

I'm trying to get a Geodude with Galvanize but they always have Magnet Pull or Sturdy. I've been waiting for them to summon help scratching the ones that get summoned in. I must have caught about 20 so far. Am I doing something wrong?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)