Steam Christmas sale

Okay, I bought Sonic Generations when it was on for 10$ and WOW it's a fun play. I've only owned like two Sonic game (Adventure 2 Battle and Rush) but I still love it. The levels are, as you'd expect, fast paced and a blast to play through. They're also gorgeous to look at. If you haven't already gotten one, you might want to get a game pad. The controls on just a key board can be awkward at times.

Even though it's only at a 33% discount at the moment, I recommend picking it up. Maybe wait until the last day to see if it's in the group of games they put on sale again.

tape

i woke up in a new bugatti
aaaaaaa echoin the voices of "get Sonic Generations" its a fun game :3 got it as a gift when it was up for 10 bucks <3

although tbh i dont like the whole do-challenges-to-get-bosskey thing but its endurable esp considerin how great the levels are

Dear Steam,
please stop coming up with good reasons for me to give you money, I've given you $70 now
Deus Ex: HR for $16 is a steal, Fallout:NV + All DLC is around $20 too. Skipped on the two item stash DLCs, there's just not much reason as i see it :s

Dear Steam,
Please have sales when I have money.
Thanks, Exarius.

Also, got me a free DotA2 from one of the holiday achies! Also got shattered Horizon when I crafted a set of coal, bleh. In addition, a -25% off the Magicka developer brand and -50% on some indie game. I kind of wish for Arkham City, but oh well.

L4D2 + L4D was $7.49 today. I know I said I was going to wait until the last day, but damnit I can't resist.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Why wait until the last day if there's a Daily Deal? Hm, Deus Ex is more expensive than it was on Amazon. Kind of nuts that a retailer can actually undercut Steam now. How far we've come in so few years...

So I just got every Valve game for free from the Great Gift pile, so I guess I don't need to buy L4D. Are any of todays games worth it?

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Highly tempted to get Civilization V. Picked up L4D package and Fallout: Las Vegas. And Flight Control HD, because it is basically a buck and is a fun way to waste a bit of time.

So I just got every Valve game for free from the Great Gift pile, so I guess I don't need to buy L4D. Are any of todays games worth it?
You lucky son of a...

By the way I got Sonic when it was 10, and SF IV when it was 5 :D
Got Psychonauts and Half Life 2 episode 2 (give it to Minwu) from the pile
And bought CS, CS Condition Zero and Portal 2 for a friend in exchange for 8 Team Fortress 2 keys (didn't really want them, but he was begging me so yeah)

Zystral

めんどくさい、な~
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
50% off Valve, 33% off Valve...
I don't think I want to craft coal anymore.

Anybody want some coupons? I also have 50% off Cogs (for anybody who didn't pick it up in Humble Bundle) and 50% off Sol Survivor.

50% off Valve, 33% off Valve...
I don't think I want to craft coal anymore.

Anybody want some coupons? I also have 50% off Cogs (for anybody who didn't pick it up in Humble Bundle) and 50% off Sol Survivor.
I sold my 50% Valve for coal and when worked my butt off for some achievements and then get a 25% off Valve. I feel for ya.

I should've sold the coal for a game like Aquaria...

So, as far as the coupons go, how exactly do I use them? I have a 25% off any Valve game coupon, and want to use it on the Portal bundle. It says it's a valid item for the coupon to be used on.

So, as far as the coupons go, how exactly do I use them? I have a 25% off any Valve game coupon, and want to use it on the Portal bundle. It says it's a valid item for the coupon to be used on.
the coupons are applied automatically but aren't actually valid until tomorrow, which is basically why they're so useless

aamto

on whom the three Fates smile
highlights of the whole winter sale: Deus Ex for $17 and Arkham City for $25.

both are fantastic games and easily worth that money. if your computer can run them, do yourself a favor and get em (AC DX11 mode is horribly optimized though). as for me, this is what i got this sale:

Assassin's Creed 1+2+Brotherhood
Portal 2
Shogun 2: Rise of the Samurai
Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC (Missing Link)
Fallout: New Vegas + all DLC
Batman: Arkham City

for $82.13

being a PC gamer is pretty awesome. and cheap.

Steam Christmas Sale 2011

Total Damage: £68.30

Acquisitions:
The Witcher 2
Counter-Strike: Source
BIT.TRIP Runner
Magicka Complete Edition
Hitman: Blood Money
GRID
Bioshock
Empire:Total War
Dark Messiah Might and Magic
LIMBO
Section 8: Predjudice
Trine 2

12 games for £68 works out at an average of £5.66 per game. I picked up a fair mix of titles, emphasis on shooting, running, jumping and driving. I guess that coveres basically every game on steam, lol.
I'm happy, more-or-less. Just a shame I missed out on a couple of daily deals because I wasn't able to make any purchases until the 30th.
(As a side note, this brings me up to about 50 titles and only a few of them finished. I have a lot of videogames to play. :D)

EDIT: woah woah woah just seen the deals for the 1st, so many awesome titles at a discount! I have to resist though.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I only have "five" objective left to complete but the Steam Guard achievement won't show as complete and it refuses to give me my coal for it. >:O

final damage report:
Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY
Cave Story+
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition
Fallout: New Vegas + All DLC (besides gun runners arsenal + courier's stash)
Far Cry 2
Half-life Complete
Portal 2
Prototype

final bill is just under $70.

I have seven coal and I am not sure if it is worth trading it away, crafting it or keeping it for little chance to win. Which one?

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I have seven coal and I am not sure if it is worth trading it away, crafting it or keeping it for little chance to win. Which one?
Chance to win or trade.

Everything aside from Valve Developed Games and Valve Coupons are gone. You will not get anything but those (or coal) from completing achievements or crafting coal at this time.

Final games bought (or traded for):
Portal 2
Dungeons of Dredmor Complete
Psychonauts
Bastion
Limbo
Morrowind GotY
Terraria
Planescape Torment
Baldur's Gate 1-2
HIB 4

another good haul, didn't spend too much either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)