Ability: Technician
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Vacum Wave
- Focus Blast
- Giga Drain / Energy Ball
- Hidden Power _____

I'm pretty sure this is the most powerful Vacum Wave in the game with 130 SpA, Technician and STAB.

Milotic @ Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale?
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Coil
- Aqua Tail
- Iron Tail
- Dragon Tail

Pretty meh but given an opportunity to get going once the special attackers are gone this thing could be a strong late game set up sweeper.

Breloom @ Choice Specs
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Vacum Wave
- Focus Blast
- Giga Drain / Energy Ball
- Hidden Power _____

I'm pretty sure this is the most powerful Vacum Wave in the game with 130 SpA, Technician and STAB.

Milotic @ Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale?
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Coil
- Aqua Tail
- Iron Tail
- Dragon Tail

Pretty meh but given an opportunity to get going once the special attackers are gone this thing could be a strong late game set up sweeper.
Vacuum Wave + Technician is illegal unfortunately since Vacuum Wave is a gen 4 tutor and Technician is a Gen V ability. :(

Vacuum Wave + Technician is illegal unfortunately since Vacuum Wave is a gen 4 tutor and Technician is a Gen V ability. :(
That sucks because I once had the same idea in mind, only with Focus Sash over Choice Specs and Spore over Focus Blast.

To increase the quality of this post, here's a set worth mentioning(?):

Banette @ Banettite
Ability: Frisk / Insomnia -> Prankster
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam / Sleep Talk
- Substitute / Thunderbolt / Will-o-wisp / Protect / Rest

Mega Banette's base 165 Attack stat is nothing to scoff at, but unboosted Shadow Claw is, and Phantom Force is easy to play around. Fortunately, in this metagame, you can make it shiny and give it somewhat-better-than-Shadow-Claw STAB in Shadow Ball and a boosting move in Calm Mind, as well as neat coverage with Dazzling Gleam. The last slot is a tough choice; Substitute can be used to block status and priority, Thunderbolt can be used for extra coverage, Will-o-wisp can hinder a physical attacker, Protect can help in getting Prankster without having to risk taking damage or being statused, and Rest can be used with Sleep Talk for a bulkier take on the set (although Normal-types are a thing *coughChanseycough*). The EVs were shamelessly stolen from the RU analysis for lack of a better spread.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Offensive Threats

Shiny ZardY could be really, really good in this meta; base 159 attack with flare blitz and drought is just awesome. Unfortunately its coverage isn't game breaking.

Special Dragonite is like, really really good. although accuracy is atrocious, its got stab hurricane, draco meteor, and tons of coverage with all the elemental moves (blizzard, fire blast, thunder), focus blast, and a wide array of other moves for it to use. Hell, you could run a wide lens set that would be really cool.

Special Garchomp is cool as well. Actually, special dragons in general get great coverage.

Physical garde has shitty coverage but awesome power.

special gyarados also is so much better than the regular. HPump is just so powerful, and its mega evo can be really good.

Keldeo does have the movepool to go hard physical, with swords dance and plenty of move and coverage options.

Special lead ttar is really good as a lure, and has an amazing movepool just like the dragons.

Sheer Force darm doesn't have a ton of coverage, but it has what it needs to be a good threat.

Eruption Entei anybody???

Hydreigon's physical movepool is outrageous, and it can still use some special moves with base 105. Overall this looks awesome for my fav mon.

Gallade has a nice special Movepool, including vacuum wave priority, and its mega forme will have a ton of power as well.

Reuniclus has a nice physical movepool, suprisingly, and can do some stallbreaking (and explode if you want it to :)

Mega Absol has a massive special movepool, and the stats to use it.

physical mega Sceptile??? Its movepool is meh, but its stats are very good and it has swords dance with tons of speed.

Let's go physical chansey #Hype
In all seriousness, special nidoking got even better as a shiny with an improved SpA stat. Also, physical keldeo o3o

Rhyperior finally, finally gets the OM it has wanted for all these years

Rhyperior @ Assault Vest
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Earth Power
- Ancient Power
- Surf
- Thunderbolt / Thunder
- Ice Beam / Blizzard
- Flamethrower / Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Flash Cannon

Behold the destroyer of worlds, Shiny Regigigas:

Regigigas @ Choice Specs/defensive item
Ability: Slow Start
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Hyper Beam/Round/ it doesn't have STAB, though NATURE POWER!!

Slow Start really hampers its attack and speed...but it doesn't affect Special Attack and its bulk!

252+ SpA Choice Specs Regigigas Hyper Beam vs. 252 HP / 104+ SpD Mew: 385-454 (95.2 - 112.3%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

This is just a testament to show how strong the Hyper Beam from Regigigas is. I also think it is a fair pokemon BECAUSE it has no real Special Normal Stab

252+ SpA Choice Specs Regigigas Nature Power vs. 252 HP / 104+ SpD Mew: 207-244 (51.2 - 60.3%) -- 90.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
I forgot about our lovely, lovely friend called Nature Power turning into Tri Attack, good thing I remembered it.

This makes Regigigas an actual viable and "fair" Pokemon in this metagame. Nice for once having a Metagame in which Gigas isn't completly broken. I mean never forget its worse speed stats for example.

The code appears to not work right for Megas right now, unfortunately. Or SOMETHING, because we had a match with Mega Alakazam not getting the right stats.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/aqua-statpreference-38
Now that I've calc'd it, neither was charizard y. It should have done this:
+1 252+ Atk Mega Charizard Y Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Azumarill in Sun: 339-399 (83.9 - 98.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
But it only did 65%, which is in the damage range for normal charizard y:
+1 252+ Atk Mega Charizard Y Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Azumarill in Sun: 249-293 (61.6 - 72.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO.

Shiny Infernape obviously so good... :o

In all seriousness though, I've noticed several Pokemon that look like they have real potential here. Weavile looks like a monster special attacker with its speed, access to Nasty Plot, and Ice Beam and Dark Pulse STABs, and Alakazam has a surprisingly great physical movepool to work with, including Psycho Cut and the elemental punches, that also get a recoilless Life Orb boost (or you can go Mega for the additional speed).

Rampardos gets Sheer Force to grab a recoilless double-Life Orb boost off a base 165 Special Attack. After a Rock Polish, this thing could wreck!

Dragon Dance Latios (again, go Mega if you prefer it over an item) is now actually a thing to be scared of. You could do it with Latias too if you want more bulk and access to Sucker Punch, though the drop in power is noticeable.

Metagross has potential with a Rock Polish Life Orb set much like Rampardos, with considerably less power but superior bulk and stronger STAB moves. Psychic, Psyshock, Flash Cannon, Shadow Ball, Sludge Bomb, Grass Knot and Hidden Power are all available for it to use too. It could go Mega of course for the extra speed and special bulk, but only Grass Knot gets a Tough Claws boost and the other moves would be better served with a Life Orb than the measly +10 base Special Attack boost the Mega provides.

Oh, and say hello to the beast that is shiny Greninja. Base 103 Attack might not sound like a huge step up, but Greninja is already so dangerous and the extra power allows it to go fully physical, or if you prefer, go for a physically-based mixed set instead of a specially-based one. Waterfall, Water Shuriken, Shadow Sneak, Night Slash, Gunk Shot, Rock Slide, Low Kick, Power-Up Punch, U-Turn, Ice Punch and Bounce are all available for it to use, along with its special movepool and the infamous Spikes.

Dragon Dance Latios (again, go Mega if you prefer it over an item) is now actually a thing to be scared of. You could do it with Latias too if you want more bulk and access to Sucker Punch, though the drop in power is noticeable.
Unfortunately, Latias doesn't get Dragon Dance :(

Unfortunately, Latias doesn't get Dragon Dance :(
That was his point, I think. If Latias had Dragon Dance that would be awesome, but she doesn't… That said, you could run Latias like in Stat Switch with Sucker Punch, Dragon Claw, Wish, and Earthquake.

Can I bring to your attention Furfrou?

With 75/65/90/80/60/102 stats, it doesn't seem to impressive. However, it becomes a mean physical wall when you take Fur Coat into account. I'll let the calcs speak for themselves;

252 Atk Cobalion Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Furfrou: 118-139 (33.3 - 39.2%) -- 13.7% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Mega Mewtwo X Low Kick (60 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Furfrou: 102-120 (28.8 - 33.8%) -- 97.5% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Furfrou: 100-118 (28.2 - 33.3%) -- 92.5% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery (Shiny)

And, just for fun:
252 Atk Deoxys-A Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Furfrou: 43-51 (12.1 - 14.4%) -- possibly the worst move ever
252+ Atk Choice Band Deoxys-A Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Furfrou: 71-84 (20 - 23.7%) -- possible 6HKO after Leftovers recovery
And what can Furfrou do back?
0 SpA Furfrou Dark Pulse vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Deoxys-A: 296-350 (122.8 - 145.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Lol? Why would a Mega Mewtwo X be using Low Kick when it has Drain Punch, same for Deoxys-A? Also, Cobalion has 90 attack stat and isnt really viable in this metagame, and pretty much anything can ohko Deoxys-A. I wouldnt run furfrou because it doesnt have offensive presence, get recovery or almost no support moves( it does have twave and uturn but thats not enough), which is what a support/wall/cleric generaly uses, meaning that it doesnt exceed in any roles and is outclassed by many mons.

Mega Sceptile looks great with those offensive stats and access to Swords Dance. A set of something like Swords Dance / Dragon Claw / Leaf Blade / Earthquake would be pretty sweet, and it gets tons of other choices to slash in there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)