Stall team (first attempt ever)

Hey, here is the team I use in 6th generation :

Weezing Leftovers | Levitate
Bold (+Def/-Atk) | 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
0 IV Atk
Will-O-Wisp / Pain Split / Haze / Thunderbolt

Well well, Weezing one of my favorite pokemon, probably one of the most underestimated physical wall in the game, with Will-O-Wisp and Pain Split he can be a pain in the ass for almost any physical attackers, he's also a nice counter to Leaf Storm Hyperior thanks to his grass-type resistance + Haze, his poison-type give him 2 useful resistances against bug-type and fighting-type attacks while his special ability levitate leave him with only one weakness to psychic-type attacks and an immunity to ground-type.

I chose to run Thunderbolt on him because I wanted an electric-type attack in my team.
The EV spread and the nature are pretty straightforward I guess, he's a physical wall so he needs Def and HP.

Gastrodon Leftovers | Storm Drain
Bold (+Def/-Atk) | 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
0 IV Atk
Toxic / Scald / Recover / Ice Beam

Another one of my favorite pokemon, I find him really effective in 6th Generation thanks to his immunity to sandstorm and his ability to take a lot of damage without dying.

With 2 immunity against Water-type and Electric-type, 4 useful resistances against Steel-type, Fire-type and Rock-type attacks, Scald and Recover he can be really really hard to kill while Ice beam can be deadly against Dragon-type pokemon or Grass-type pokemons switching in.

Scald is there for the STAB + the burn, toxic is useful to kill tanks/calm minder etc...

Trevenant Sitrus Berry | Harvest
Impish (+Def/-Spe) | 252 HP | 252 Def | 4 SDef
Will-O-Wisp | Leech Seed | Protect | Substitute

A pokemon I didn't really try to use before because I think he looks retarded. Tried him anyway on welsknight advice, I don't regret it. This tree is annoying as hell for the opponents, he just eats berry all day like a damn Snorlax and leech everybody with leech seeds, will-o-wisp for moar burns and substitute to be even more annoying.

Sableye Leftovers | Prankster
Impish (+Def/-SAtk) | 252 HP | 252 Def | 4 Atk
Taunt | Recover | Will-o-wisp | Foul Play

No weaknesses, 3 immunities and 1 resistance. Physical wall Sableye with his access to will-o-wisp, recover and taunt is a really nice staller. Foul Play allow me to hit hard thanks to the STAB and the burn which halve opponents Atk stat.
With Prankster he is godly since he can use will-o-wisp, taunt and recover with +1 priority.

Azumarill @Chesto Berry | Huge Power
Adamant (+Atk/-SAtk) | 252 HP | 252 Atk | 4 Spe
Aqua jet | Brick Break Bounce Play Rough | Belly Drum | Rest

Probably not the most common set for Azumarill but a really effective one.

He comes with a really nice set of resistances, and a really high HP stat.

If you manage to predict an outrage, just Belly Drum and follow with Rest+Chesto Berry and start crushing everyone with Aqua jet or Play Rough against water immunities.

You can also run Sitrus Berry instead of Chesto and use Encore instead of Rest, I prefer the first set tho.
I didn't run the standard Revenge Killer set because my next pokemon is already a revenge killer, would be kind of stupid to have 2 of them.

(shiny yaaaaaay)
Genesect @Choice Scarf | Download
Hasty (+Spe/-Def) | 4 Atk | 252 SAtk | 252 Spe
U-Turn | Thunderbolt | Ice beam | Flamethrower

I don't think there's much to say about this set since it's power has already been proven but well :

The Fire/Ice/Bug/Electric combo allow you to hit any pokemon in the game with neutral damage at least.
Download give you even more power to revenge kill.
Another 4x weakness to fire-type unfortunately but you have Azumarill and Gastrodon so it should be ok.
His really high speed + the choice scarf allow him to outspeed most pokemon.

And this is it, if you guys have any idea about how I can improve the team please let me know and I'll try this online. :)

(Edit : few corrections + better picture for Genesect)

Last edited:
Another 4x weakness to fire-type unfortunately but you have Azumarill and Gastrodon so it should be ok.
This basically sums up all of my thoughts on this team. 3 members with a 4x weakness to fire. And yes, you have Azumarill and Gastrodon, but there are an abundance of Pokemon out there that can learn Fire Punch/Thunder Punch or Thunderbolt/Flamethrower and use them well. You can't plan for only fire-types to have fire moves, and you can't always predict the fire attack either (sorry, nobody's that good). At least one, if not 2, of those fire-weak Pokemon needs to go for this team to be effective. Consider a fairly standard defensive Gliscor in place of Genesect or Scizor. Something like:

Gliscor (F) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 252 Def / 4 Atk / 252 HP
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Substitute
- Protect
- Toxic

Also, I would recommend Trevenant in place of Ferrothorn. A good build would be:

Trevenant @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Harvest
EVs: 252 Def / 4 Atk / 252 HP
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Substitute

Yeah, unfortunately you lose Stealth Rocks, but you gain a wall that is damn near impossible to break through with something that penetrates barriers (and your team still has Stealth Rocks if you take my recommendation on Gliscor). Harvest lets him eat berry after berry after berry, Leech Seed gives extra recovery and slow, steady damage, and Will-O-Wisp cripples physical attackers and does even more damage.

A stall team is meant to do just that: stall the opponent out until they die from slow, steady, residual damage, or bide its time until a sweeper can finish them off properly (Azumarill and Genesect/Scizor, whichever one you keep).

Indeed those changes are really good.

But I find myself struggling against Gengar, can't OHKO him with Genesect or Azumarill and even Gastrodon take a lot of damage from shadow ball, he can only spam recover and expect that the Gengar won't be lucky and reduce your SDef or pull out a critical hit.

And btw I changed Brick Break on Azumarill, now I use Bounce instead because Brick Break + Aqua jet is perfectly walled by Jellicent.

Indeed those changes are really good.

But I find myself struggling against Gengar, can't OHKO him with Genesect or Azumarill and even Gastrodon take a lot of damage from shadow ball, he can only spam recover and expect that the Gengar won't be lucky and reduce your SDef or pull out a critical hit.

And btw I changed Brick Break on Azumarill, now I use Bounce instead because Brick Break + Aqua jet is perfectly walled by Jellicent.
Hmmm... I don't like Bounce; two-turn moves are extremely predictable and often allow the opponent to set up on you or avoid damage completely with Protect. Rather than Bounce (Or Brick Break), try using Play Rough instead. That gives Azumarill a STAB Fairy Move, and should deal with your Ghost issues nicely.

I switched Gliscor with Sableye, I had some trouble against some pokemons and Sableye with priority Taunt/Will-o-Wisp and recover is just perfect, he's worth the loss of entry hazards.

Last edited:
Currently your team can be swept by nasty plot togekiss with air slash on wheezing trevenent genesect and just powering through your remaining poks weaker SpD while being able to roost off any dmg or hide behind a sub to prevent status, any team with 1 or 2 strong special attackers can hit you hard, you should change trev to a SpD wall with careful nature and 252hp 252SpD also replace protect with horn leach because if your opponent has a taunt user he's dead in the water. Also entry hazards are extremely beneficial for a stall team, consider replacing genesect with lead greninja and run taunt, t-spikes, hydro pump, filler
Can also consider replacing azumaril with either jellicent or aeigislash to have a bulky spin blocker, you will also want to find room for stealth rock on the team

Notes about gliscor, you can run jolly nature with 240 Spe 252hp and rest into def with taunt, eq, protect/substitute, stealth rock holding a toxic orb and poison heal ability to outspeed enough poks to make taunt useful protect+poison heal is tons of recovery and amuch better stall than sableye however this gliscor is dependent on toxic spikes being laid down by greninja or even fortress or flyers being hit with status by another team member

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)