ORAS OU Special Altaria and Bulky Victini (1500 and Rising)

For me, I personally really enjoy the idea of Special Mega Altaria, with great Coverage with just two moves, and an ever better ability in pixilate, a counter to the numerous rotom-w and the ever present keldeo

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Cloud Nine
EVs: 248 HP / 178 SpA / 84 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Voice
- Heal Bell
- Flamethrower
- Roost

I use a bulky Altaria, with Heal bell instead of Draco Meteor, as burns and toxics completely dents his bulkiness, and for the fact that i want this mon in for extend periods of time blasting out its hypervoices. Flamethrower is used to suprise scizor and ferrothorn. Furthermore, with this set, it can easily take on rotom-w, and make my team not so susceptible to status, with heal bell bring extra utility to the team. I spend 84 points on special defence to avoid the 2hko from thundurus HP ice, as well as a 50 percent chance to survive 2hko from icy wind from specs keldeo. This guy in my team as both a tank as well as a wallbreaker.

Victini @ Leftovers
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Atk / 60 Def
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
I felt, after Heatran and maybe rotom, Victini is one of the best will-o-wisp users in ou. What makes it even deadlier is that people predict the v-create and switch into garchomp or lando-t, where will-o-wisp completely screws up their team. Bolt strike is used for coverage for water types and talonflame, and taunt is a great stallbreaking option. I run 60 defence EV's to avoid OHKO from Scarf Landorus-t Earthquake. The rest is put into hp to tank up some hits and 200+ attack V-Create will still hit like a truck. Taunt is used as last slot to avoid certain setup sweepers such as zard-x becoming out of control

Tyranitar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 12 HP / 244 Atk / 252 SpD
Brave Nature
- Ice Beam
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
AV Tyrannitar can tank special hits like a boss, and the main and probably only reason this guy is on my team is because of one move; pursuit. Tyrannitar has the simple ability to have one pokemon not participate in the game anymore, and with the above pokemon being weak to gengar, tyrannitar is the perfect check to it. I run ice beam so that it can still damage lando-t and garchomp on the switch, EQ mainly for heatran and stone edge for the talonflames and zard-y. I give it brave as i dont really care about Tyrainitar's speed, as both its attack, Def, SPDef and SPatk are all highly needed for this set.

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind
- Defog
This is probably the pokemon that holds my team together. Its ability to check countless popular mons such as metagross, dragonite, and a bunch of fighting types, which are prone to switching in onto Tyranitar after it has revenge killed a psychic/ghost type. Roost and Defog should be self explanitory, as everyteam needs a hazard removalist, especially with Victini and Altaria both taking 25 percent from the rocks. Bravebird is to kill the fighting types that try to set up on Skarmory, such as Mega Lopuuny with PuP, and i give it whirlwind as my final move to prevent sweepers setting up on him.

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Ghost]
- Secret Sword
This guy hits harder than a truck, with choice specs boosting its special attack to monstrous levels. It is my counter to the sandstorm teams, and its typing makes it even better, with it being able to easily switch into bisharp, which my team does have some troubles, and revenge kill it without problems. I give it HP Ghost for the tryhard slowbros that try to wall me, and i felt icywind was redundant as i already have mons that destroy setup sweepers, as well as latios and dragonite (tyranitar and skarmory)

upload_2015-3-18_19-22-9.png

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Psychic
- Sludge Wave
I felt like, for my last slot, i needed something that runs strong ground type stabs, immune to twaves, can destroy landorus-t, and the ability to destroy mega-venasuar, which my team may have problems against, and the only answer i could find was landorus. The moveset and the ev's are pretty self explanitory, with sludge wave for fairies and azumarill.​

On Keldeo, Hidden Power Bug is better than Hidden Power Ghost. HP Bug hits Celebi twice as hard, while still hitting those other Psychic types (Slowbro, Lati@s) that HP Ghost is for. The only other common pokemon that HP Ghost is super effective against and not HP Bug are pokemon already hit harder by Keldeo's stabs, like Jirachi and Gengar.

Cool team! I always liked the idea of bulky Victini, but never had the guts to try it. As for improvements, I don't have much outside of maybe finding a way to fit stealth rocks onto your team, probably on skarm or Lando.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)