Some originality please!?

This is what I want to use on Wifi when I get DP!

Bronzomg@Leftovers
[Sassy/Relaxed] (Levitate)
-Trick Room
-Light Screen/Hypnosis
-Stealth Rock
-Explosion

Relicanth@Leftovers/Life Orb
[Brave] (Rock Head)
-Substitute
-Yawn
-Double Headbutt
-Waterfall

Ursaring@Flame Orb
[Brave] (Guts)
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Shadow Claw/Crunch/Blade Test
- Infight/Focus Punch

Dusknoir@Leftovers
[Sassy/Relaxed] (Pressure)
- Trick Room
- Will O Wisp
- Shadow Punch/Pursuit
- Pain Split

Metagross@Leftovers
[Brave] (Clear Body)
- Meteor Mash
- Thunderpunch
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Swampert@Leftovers
[Relaxed] (Torrent)
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Stone Edge
- Rest

This team is based around Trick Room, and really a reason to use Ursaring and Relicanth!

It's probably shite, but I would really like this to work so some advice would be great!

Possibly thinking of putting Togekiss > Metagross for Wish Support.

Togekiss@Leftovers
[Quiet/Sassy] (Serene Grace)
- Wish
- Scheme
- Air Slash
- Grass Rope

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I don't knw much about the Wi-Fi environment (nor do many of us), but evidently Gengar is a popular lead and may beat your "Bronzomg" (know that was a typo but lol) to the punch with Hypnosis, necessitating a Metagross switch-in but more importantly derailing your early Trick Room strategy.

I'm also pretty sure Gablias is popular as hell, and Swampert will probably have his hands full with it. Worse, you don't have a decent switch into CB Tar, but I don't know how popular that in on Wi-Fi.

I would recommend going all-physical on swampert, with snow slide over ice beam, and consider waterfall over rest as well. You don't have to take my advice on the waterfall for rest deal, but seriously, go with snow slide.

Sorry if I seem a little over-critical about swampert sets in general, but he's on 99% of my teams, and I believe that I have the right to critique swampert sets, as I am somewhat of a connoiseur on swampert.

BTW, thanks for the idea for my avatar, Dan Dan.

This team is based around Trick Room, and really a reason to use Ursaring and Relicanth!
As much as I love trick room, 5 turns is way too short a time to really do any real damage without something like choice band. I can really see a:

Rhyperior @ LO (both of them =) or choice band
-Swords Dance/focus punch
-Stone Edge
-EQ
-Megahorn

coming in after TR and absolutely destroying your team. Nothing on your team can 1HKO it, but it can KO your gross, ursaring and relicanth quite easily, while 2HKOing the others (obviously I love the bastard), so you might want something "faster" like a Slowbro to force the switch. Slowbro has Trick room and slack off as well, so it is quite a solid defender while not too shabby on the SAtk.

You should also keep a faster poke or sweeper on hold just in case you are on that last turn of Trick Room and they expect you to bring in one of your Roomers, and you could surprise them with a faster poke.

Rest is useless on Swampert and could even be detrimental w/o Stalk or a cleric. It is basically a free sleep for the opponent and a chance for them to set up one of their pokes when you bring it in to recover.

Sorry for the hard knocks, but I've been thinking a bunch about TR these days and what it can and can't do. I came to the conclusion that you always have to be prepared for situations between TRs when the opponent can devastate the Roomers, once they figure out who they are.

Good plan, shall I try Slowbro over Swampert then?
Sure wynaut =p CG Thunderbolts and stuff might causes problems though. Snorlax over Ursa? IMO while sexy, Ursa is too fragile, you need high Def/SDef pokes to take the hits on the switch from your Roomer then hit back. Not sure what set is best though. CB maybe. Just beware of Skarm.

Slowbro@Leftovers
[Relaxed] (Own Tempo)
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Slack Off

This over Swampert

Snorlax@Black Steel Orb
[Sassy/Brave]
-Return
-Fire Blast
-Earthquake
-Hurl

The idea is that this lowers my speed more, making trick room more effective and also gets rid of Gengar and Skarmory's immunity to EQ.

Snorlax@Black Steel Orb
[Sassy/Brave]
-Return
-Fire Blast
-Earthquake
-Hurl

The idea is that this lowers my speed more, making trick room more effective and also gets rid of Gengar and Skarmory's immunity to EQ.
No it doesn't. The BSO only gives you a ground vulnerability if you're holding it. Hurling it doesn't give them the item, either.

Edit: ARG BEATEN

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Serebii's description is a bit misleading IMO.

"Lowers users SPEED, also makes Flying and Levitating Pokémon vulnerable to Ground type attacks"

They should make it more clear...That sounds like it would effect all Pokémon on the field to me.

You think you can draw me in that easy?

Apparently, you can. I don't think a Trick Room team needs much in the way of really detailed EV spreads. Lots of HP and Attack on your sweepers, lots of HP and defenses on your tanks/Trick Roomers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)