So I've been playing Platinum's Battle Factory for a bit...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just have to find something to do while doing my 1 1/2 hour commutes.

I tested this with a flash card of course, and so this gives me the ability to go back if I do lose.

And just like Emerald, it is complete and utter BULLSHIT. Even worst at times. It is extremely hard or just near impossible to win a streak in Open Level all the way to second frontier brain, I'm almost sure that Level 50 would be easier, but I have not tested it at all.

Other than the standard "I'm a Double Teaming, piss off douchebag" Pokemon, there are times where they just lead you to a dead end. I'll give you an example, at battle 42, which I pick 3 out of 6 Pokemon, all of them are weak to water/ice, my first opponent is a Starmie.

At Battle 44 in another run, all I see as I was going up was special attackers, the only physical that was available is a physical Raichu, which sucks so I didn't take it. I ran straight into a "Douchebag" Blissey right after and I cannot touch her at all.

Other irritating things are something like 3 Head Smashes hit in a roll, 3 Blizzards hit in a roll w/o Hail. I have yet to run into Quick Claw OHKO assweeds, but I have seen OHKO moves in the rosters that I can pick.

Also, I have yet to see fast Taunters, the only thing that could counter "douchebags" is the following, pick them up every time you see them.

- Hail+ Blizzard
- Rain Dance + Thunder
- Mean Look+ Perish Song (hope to god you get the look in before it starts to DT)

From what I have seen, the following is the "Douchebags", there could be more:

- Bastiodon
- Blissey
- Ludicolo

God, Bastiodon is going on my list of Nintendo's insult to players, from PBR's abundance of Bastiodons using Fissure to now DT using.

Just another way of Nintendo's idea of "having fun", if they only allow you to go back to the last 7 streaks you lose in, not knock you back to battling Arons or Tentacools, it wouldn't be this irritating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)