Snowstorm Team

It's a 'meh' sort of team, and I don't expect it to actually work.

Abomasnow @ Leftovers **Spruce
Impish Nature
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 SpcDef
-Substitute
-Wood Hammer
-Blizzard
-Leech Seed/Earthquake
Gets the Snowstorm going, and eats Swampert leads for breakfast. Even with no Attack EVs, it OHKOs 280 Defense Swampert with a Wood Hammer. Also OHKOs Garchomp with Blizzard.

Frostlass @ Leftovers **Cold Heart
Timid Nature
EVs:
-Blizzard
-Shadow Ball
-Thunderbolt
-Destiny Bond
I don't really like this Pokémon, but nothing else was immune to Hail and had a Fighting Immunity. I have no clue what to use for a moveset, though.

Mamoswine @ Adherence Scarf/Choice Band **Frozen Pig
Adamant Nature
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP
-Ice Pebble
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Peck
Erm yes

Claydol @ Leftovers **Pottery
Bold Nature
EVs: 236 HP, 252 Def, Rest in SpcAtk
-Light Screen
-Stealth Rock
-Psychic
-Rapid Spin
Supports the team. No form of recovery hurts it, though. Also resistant to Fighting/Rock.

Poliwrath @ Leftovers **Amphibian (Water Absorb)
Impish Nature
EVs: 252 HP,
-Waterfall
-Hypnosis
-Brick Break
-Rock Slide
Resists Fire/Rock/Steel, and supports the team more.

Rapidash @ Leftovers ** Hot Horse (Flash Fire)
Jolly/Adamant/Hasty/Lonely Nature
EVs: 252 Speed, 252 Atk, 4 HP
-Flare Drive/Fire Blast
-Megahorn
-Double Kick
-Hypnosis/Rest/Agility
Resistant to Fire/Steel, Supports the team even more. Again, no form of recovery hurts it. This was Arcanine, but.

Yeah, rate, destroy, lock, whatever is necessary.

Damn, I am really slow considering that I've been trying to do a Snowstorm team for a month and Abomasnow's (ugh) weaknesses have been making it a pain in the ass.

That said, you kind of get screwed by T-tar, especially if its leading (since it's faster than you, it Crunch's you to death and you can only really switch Poliwrath into it and if it's slower than you, then Sandstream takes over screws over everyone on your team except Manmuu and Claydol, the latter of whom can't switch into Crunch anymore), and Heracross and Gyarados...and Infernape (I forget offhand how much Grass Rope does to Poliwrath just in terms of base-power) and...basically anything that hits hard and isn't going to hit you with a Fire or Water attack, really; Metagross comes to mind. You lack a special wall or even real physical wall, though Poliwrath is somewhat underrated, especially when you don't have to worry about Flying acts so much.

You seem to be relying on the "support" Pokemon too much without them really being able to support each other outside of Claydol's Light Screen; there is no way that you want to Rest with Rapidash, ever.

Speaking of Claydol, using as your Spinner is probably going to problematic as well, because I just realized that not only does Dusknoir beat the crap out of your with its Shadow Punch, even if it does have that, it runs you out of Psychic, Claydol's only attack, with Pressure and screws you over if you can't properly predict WoW or Pain Split (not that you can do much about the lattter and Dusknoir can easily kill Rapidash if it predicts with Earthquake, which is somewhat likely to have). Claydol gets beaten by a lot of Stealth Rock if I think about it.

Since I keep mentioning Rapidash, you might want to go with Agility and Fire Blast (or at least some physical Fire attack--does it even have anything else?) since you can't recover damage at all and Rapidash eats Stealth Rock.

Oh, speaking of the lack of survivability, you might as well give Froslass Choice Glasses or Expert Belt if you're going to screw around with Destiny Bond; Leftovers won't really help something doesn't seem as if it was suppose to take ("hard) hits.

Oh, and though I know its doubtless for Heracross, the only way that I see Peck on Mamoswine being anywhere near worth is with Adherence Scarf since then Heracross might not outspeed you...unless its wears Adherence Scarf itself.

Yeah...not worth it. You might just want to give it Leftovers and either Curse or Substitute since it does have Snow Hide as option just like Froslass. That's probably what you want to do since you're trying to build to around Snowstorm itself and just protect the "precious" (read: stupidly fragile typing that is) Ice typed Pokemon on your team.

I hope to finally be able to post my team tomorrow, but I'm going over it thoroughly, so it's not going to be hurried (despite being horrible pain arse).

I don't think Blizzard actually gets its accuracy raised by Hail. Wasn't that a Netbattle glitch?
-Blizzard's accuracy goes to 100% with Hail.

-Team wise, Ice Beam should replace any pokemon on you team that has Blizzard.

- I have absolutely no clue why you would give Mamoswine Peck.

- Is Snowstorm the same thing as Hail and what does it do?

- You are off to a good start, but Infernape will completely devastate this team.

@SirSpanky: It's been tested that Blizzard is 100% in the snow in D/P.
Please read the new abilities/items/attacks thread before saying stuff like that. =/

@IcyShock: CBMamoswine's Peck OHKOs Heracross and he has no better options in his movepool (maybe Double attack). Snowstorm is hail. Infernarape will be a problem, though hail and LO will stop him eventually.

For the team, drop Rapidash for a better fire pokemon. Nothing wrong with Arcanine.

You were right about Peck and there are no other options. But before, why does everyone put Ice Fang on Gliscor? Was it proven to work better than Fire Fang or Thunder Fang?

Ice Fang on Gliscor helps against Gabu. It's really not very useful otherwise though. The "standard" Gliscor is KnockOff/FeatherRest/AerialAce/Earthquake. AA is for Heracross, EQ is the filler slot (Ice Fang and Stealth Rock go in here nicely).

The "passing" Gliscor is FeatherRest/(SD,Agility)/BatonPass/AerialAce for obvious reasons. He's a Heracross counter FIRST and a baton passer/attacker SECOND.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)