#smogonvgc Live Tournament Week 15 - Virizion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, in an effort to promote activity here in the VGC subforum, we'll be holding a practice tournament this Friday at 5 pm US central time (GMT -6). This week, we'll be giving away a Jolly Virizion (soft reset by ProjectTitan313) to everyone that enters the tournament to use in future live tournaments, or one of the many premier challenges being held across the US (and the world?).

This week, TheMantyke will be running the bracket and .com will be distributing Virizion.

View the bracket and sign up for the tournament here.

The link for the IRC channel, #smogonvgc is Here.

You will need to check in one hour before the tournament begins to participate.

Additionally, we're aiming to record the finals and put them up on the official Smogon Youtube Channel! This should go without saying, but please, if you make it to the finals, save your Battle Videos and post them here!

We're on track with uploading finals videos now. Check out Week 14's finals here!

The rules are simple:
  • Flat Doubles, pentagon Pokemon ONLY. Basic VGC rules here, folks. If it's not allowed on ORAS Battle Spot, it isn't allowed here.
  • For the purpose of having the tournament run on time, strategies such as Minimize are STRONGLY discouraged. Id' like to keep this tournament fun and fast; these strategies are neither.
  • Competitors will need a copy of Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire to enter.
  • The tournament will be Swiss, best of one with a top cut (with best of three matches) that will be determined by how many people enter (or depending on time constraints)
  • Each round will last a maximum of 30 minutes. If the match is not completed within the timeframe, it will be up to the host to decide who wins or who loses.
  • If there is a disconnection, it will be up to the host to decide who wins or who loses. Make sure to have a camera handy to get some proof if you're nervous about this.
  • Since this is a non-weighted practice tournament, you may change your team between rounds. However, it might be better practice for you not to do so.
  • You must join the IRC channel #smogonvgc in order to participate.

Virizion -
Virizion

Nature: Jolly - Ability: Justified - Location: Pokemon Omega Ruby
IVs: 30/31/30/17/31/31
This week, we'll be giving away an ORAS-caught Virizion. Virizion has some interesting anti metagame potential, able to outspeed and KO Hydreigon, Mega Kangaskhan, and Bisharp while at the same time being a solid answer to Pokemon like Suicune.

So even if you're not confident in your skills or your team, remember that this is just for practice and that you're getting a free Virizion. Stop by #smogonvgc this Friday to show your support for VGC on Smogon! I hope to see you then!

HOW TO RECEIVE VIRIZION:
  • Note: Virizion will not start being distributed until 6:30 PM EST. This is much later than we normally give these out, but its what falls under the convenience for our distributor. Follow these instructions before the tournament and then maybe check the GTS inbetween tournament rounds.
  • Step 1: Catch a Cacnea
  • Step 2: Offer the Cacnea for a Virizion on the GTS. If you haven't registered Virizion in your Pokedex yet, you can type its name in at the bottom.
  • Step 3: Enter your username that you entered the tournament with in the message box, or simply put #smogonvgc. If you don't do this, you'll be ignored!
  • Step 4: At about 6:30 pm EST (30 minutes after tournament begins), our distributor will start giving out the Virizion. Refresh the GTS after a while to receive your Virizion.
  • Step 5: Enjoy and be sure to thank .com for his help!

15 weeks in a row is pretty impressive!

Art done by KAIZA

Count me in, feels like it's forever since last time I participated in one of these (though it's only like a couple of weeks). Also been waiting for Virizion for quite a while.

Sorry to sound a bit special, but is this starting at 5pm central time, 6pm eastern time, or is that the same thing?
It'll be at 5:00pm Central Time.

Edit: Wrote distribution time, not tourney time. Whoops.
Edit Edit: My reading skills are way off game today. >< I'm used to the distribution being before tourney.

Last edited:
Glad I found this, just started doing VGC not too long ago and its awesome to see events happening.

Awesome tourney once again people, it went over well even though someone (namely TheMantyke) had some internet issues. For me personally top cutting was the icing on the cake, really gave me a big boost as I have been playing poorly on BS lately.

We had some fun in our finale matches, so don't take them too serious. Last one is serious though. Teams are obv just for fun ^^
g1: UZ9G-WWWW-WWXR-AMKL
g2: PE5W-WWWW-WWXR-AMR6
g3: 9RWG-WWWW-WWXR-ANWA

thank for the fun tourney and ggs to all my opponents, had some fun and close games!

won in finals, tho, as I already told lucariojr, me and Dark Psiana didn't take the finals serious since we're bfs, testing partners etc. We just had some fun in the first two games and played the last one seriously. Hope you guys don't mind that the first two games are absolute bs and we understand if you don't want to upload them on Youtube.

Our teams were, as D_P stated, not that serious either though mine is kinda alright and makes tons of fun playing but still needs some minor tweaks. I don't use it anymore, if any of you guys want to test it out and maybe work on it you can PM me for the importable. Maybe you can make it better!

ggs to all my opponents and thanks again to the hosts, it's always fun playing this tours!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)