Smogon's Youtube Account

Status
Not open for further replies.

locopoke

Banned deucer.
I sped it up because if I didn't do that, the video would've been about 15 minutes long with some turns lasting 2 or 3 minutes. Nobody wants to stare at a slow battle. Personally I think it's still slow enough to be able to tell what's going on, there's about a 3-4 second pause between each move. For me, that's more than enough time to read the log.

Really like the vids yet. What about uploading already existing vids on the smogon account? I'm talking about Asta's vids, for example this one. I think it would be a good addition, as even though this one is a bit older, it's an Smogon Tour final lol.

I sped it up because if I didn't do that, the video would've been about 15 minutes long with some turns lasting 2 or 3 minutes. Nobody wants to stare at a slow battle. Personally I think it's still slow enough to be able to tell what's going on, there's about a 3-4 second pause between each move. For me, that's more than enough time to read the log.
I can kind of read it in that time too, but it seems like it takes the purpose out of having the video. If you're just reading the log instead of watching the battle, you might as well not even have the video. I like it better when you actually have to wait longer, because it builds up suspension, and the people actually get to see it as it happened. I just find it nice to be able to understand what happened, and think about why they did it and stuff, and then move on to the next turn. But if I'm just reading the log the whole time, I don't really get what happened.

locopoke

Banned deucer.
With the next video I'll make a faster version and a slower version and I'll show both to you guys, you can see which one you like more. I'm not going to upload these videos until Ultimate Cup is over, though (it should end today, panamaxis and LD are gonna battle once the final thread is up)

and PW, that'd be fine, I could definetely add some music and use that. If anybody has anymore videos that they find, link them here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)