Smogon Premier League XV - Commencement Thread

Hello,

Don,t usually like posting these posts in a serious way, but I have nothing to lose by doing so at this point. Didn,t have my best year, but still improved my 2022 performance. My CVs achievements this year include:
-Winning a Weekly Smogon Tour in such an impressive way, that Blunder proceeded to steal my team and make a video (that probably got him money) laddering with it.
-Going 4-2 in Wcop, but 3-0 in Playoffs. I defeated one of the strongest Brittish players in Quarters, I beat the Germans with their own technology in Semis and I stole the final game despite having a brain aneurism.
-Outside of Smogon I somewhat contributed to Team Europe's victory of WcoPP. Went negative in my GSC OU journey, but still got trusted by lolebruh to play Semifinals Tie-Break and succeeded there.

People who have faced me or seen me battling know that my teams are not usually standard, but they still win more often than expected, Whiscash's 100% win-rate in SPL XIII (who also appeared in Youtube) is a proof of that.
I will play any Tier in when needed and will help with tests when required. This should be a given for any SPL player, but not everyone follows it.
One last advantage of drafting me is knowing that I won,t be banned by week 7 for being a racist, homophobe, pedophile, ghosting, cancering and being a stupid or evil person in general.

So, for any manager reading this, these are the facts. Do as you please, I am open to tryouts if someone is interested. Have a nice Eeveening!
"One last advantage of drafting me is knowing that I won,t be banned by week 7 for being a racist, homophobe, pedophile, ghosting, cancering and being a stupid or evil person in general."

The fact that now, it's worth mentioning when you're a decent human being :tymp:

Paulluxx

[Regional Manager of Big Shifu]
is a Community Contributor
I DO NOT WANT TO BE DRAFTED I DID NOT SIGN UP.

Resume:
Zip nilch nada

What I bring to your team:
I talk ball. (Real ball, not any of this football soccer baseball bullshit.)
We can talk about Shai Gilgeous Alexander, and Luka Doncic. I also bring an amount of maturity to your team, I can talk about Bill Russell, Jerry West, and especially George Gervin.

THANK YOU FOR NOT DRAFTING ME

M Dragon

The north wind
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 17 Championis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Championis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
Hi,

I am usually not one for dramatic commencement posts about drafting me, but I have 2 main requests for my upcoming managers.

1) Someone to provide quantum ADV scouts
2) Someone to sub in / swap ADV if my heart leads me elsewhere later on in the season

Thank you for your understanding :heart:

justdrew

All dogs go to heaven
is an official Team Rateris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
PUPL Champion
I was recently reminded by Rewer to embrace the Christmas spirit. And in the spirit of Christmas and all other winter holidays, I've decided to save Lily a little time and write my own nomination-suggestion post. This tour has always been about recycling the best OU talent. But there is so much to miss out on if one does not seek out unexplored names from other areas of the site. Here are a some of my friends or otherwise who've signed up that I think would make fantastic additions to SPL:

Amukamara is one of the most dominant UU players in the history of the tier, in my opinion. He won his second consecutive UU Classic due to his expertise in SM, ORAS, and BW. He is once again qualified for UU Champs. He is a player absolutely no one in UU wants to face. I don't believe he's ever been picked for SPL and that's a damn shame.

Askov is one of the most creative UU builders currently. His activity and personality are both something managers should seek to have on their team. He's a cool guy and would definitely be a great addition to any team.

avarice has had a few bouts in SCL/SSD but I don't think has ever been drafted in SPL. Whether he has or hasn't, he's definitely someone worth drafting. His dedication to prep, the obscene amount of games he runs, and all the work he puts into countless Smogon tours makes him a dangerous opponent to face.

Dj Breloominati♬ is one of the nicest people on this site. He's had one hell of a year in UU and has also had great performances in other tiers. He's a dedicated and consistent Pokemon player that would be great for team morale.

Estarossa is a great GSC player. While he and I are not exactly friends, I greatly admire his passion and dedication to the GSC generation. I think he would be a very valuable asset in prep and would be incredibly active and involved throughout the whole tour.

Expulso is an awesome, mature, and friendly user. He's also very good at this game. His presence would surely benefit any team and I believe he would be valuable in prep and test games.

S1nn0hC0nfirm3d I've never seen someone so effortlessly defy expectations and obliterate a pool. This man learned PU in like a week and sauced an entire pool of competitive players. He put in hundreds, potentially a thousand test games and was successfully creative in a constantly fluctuating tier. He's an absolute steal here.

JustFranco is one of the best players on the site, I'm convinced. You may not think he has any results that would command the attention of SPL managers, but think again. He's the #1 seed of the UU circuit this year by over 600 points and he had an incredible record in one of SCL's hardest pools. Don't sleep on him. Franco could go for 3k and walk away with over 6 wins no sweat.

Leni definitely has pissed me off several times, but he's just really good. I was dumb enough to have him on the bench in UUFPL before I started him and watched him + Xiri prep walk all over the pool. Very solid player, mature presence, and good guy.

LpZ is one of the most dedicated old gens minds. This man builds 20 teams per week, tests every minute of every day, and calcs every conceivable, important game sequence. Bench him, start him, he will perform well.

Lyssa is a gem. She's a queen, great in prep, very solid in battle, and definitely should be given a shot in this tour.

myjava was awesome to team with during BLT. He's one of the many Indian goats, and will be a fantastic addition to SV OU prep and could honestly get wins starting.

pdt has not been drafted in SPL in his career and it's baffling. This man dominates in every single pool he plays in. He balls out in every tour, is highly creative, and just an insanely chill individual. His SCL performance should guarantee him a slot in this, but I am still including him here so no one forgets to draft Peter.

Piyush25 another goat, very friendly individual, solid player, and great human.

Sirwings despite his broken English, his sassiness, his brutal honesty, his potentially questionable style, his taste in women and his life choices, I love Sirwings. He hasn't been drafted to many big tours, yet he still finds his way into servers and makes great contributions. Definitely worth considering.

Torchic is the RBY UU goat, and is goat of all RBY tiers in my eyes. He is incredibly kind, down to earth, analytical and smart. This man analyzes his performance MID GAME and will adapt his strategy for following games. Though, the stupid decision to can BO3 in this tour takes away a part of what makes Torchic so dangerous, he is still amazing and worth drafting.

Though my opinion is not held to the esteem of many, do take what I've said to heart. Pokemon is Pokemon, and even though some lack OU experience, their skills will easily translate and their dedication will benefit them greatly. Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
If any managers have some spare credits at the end of the draft and want to drop the minimum on somebody with zero experience in SPL, I'm your guy!
I would love an opportunity to help a team where I could, whether it be playing any tier, scouting any opponents or commenting on any ideas or team-building throughout the process. I'd like to think my zero tournament experience thus far is more of a 'beginning of an ABR-style competitive career' rather than 'this guy signed up a few months ago and probably stinks at the game'. Maybe I'm wrong, but if you draft me I'll do my best where I can!

Le Don

La Déchéance d'un homme
is a Community Contributor
RoAPL Champion
I was recently reminded by Rewer to embrace the Christmas spirit. And in the spirit of Christmas and all other winter holidays, I've decided to save Lily a little time and write my own nomination-suggestion post. This tour has always been about recycling the best OU talent. But there is so much to miss out on if one does not seek out unexplored names from other areas of the site. Here are a some of my friends or otherwise who've signed up that I think would make fantastic additions to SPL:

Amukamara is one of the most dominant UU players in the history of the tier, in my opinion. He won his second consecutive UU Classic due to his expertise in SM, ORAS, and BW. He is once again qualified for UU Champs. He is a player absolutely no one in UU wants to face. I don't believe he's ever been picked for SPL and that's a damn shame.

Askov is one of the most creative UU builders currently. His activity and personality are both something managers should seek to have on their team. He's a cool guy and would definitely be a great addition to any team.

avarice has had a few bouts in SCL/SSD but I don't think has ever been drafted in SPL. Whether he has or hasn't, he's definitely someone worth drafting. His dedication to prep, the obscene amount of games he runs, and all the work he puts into countless Smogon tours makes him a dangerous opponent to face.

Dj Breloominati♬ is one of the nicest people on this site. He's had one hell of a year in UU and has also had great performances in other tiers. He's a dedicated and consistent Pokemon player that would be great for team morale.

Estarossa is a great GSC player. While he and I are not exactly friends, I greatly admire his passion and dedication to the GSC generation. I think he would be a very valuable asset in prep and would be incredibly active and involved throughout the whole tour.

Expulso is an awesome, mature, and friendly user. He's also very good at this game. His presence would surely benefit any team and I believe he would be valuable in prep and test games.

S1nn0hC0nfirm3d I've never seen someone so effortlessly defy expectations and obliterate a pool. This man learned PU in like a week and sauced an entire pool of competitive players. He put in hundreds, potentially a thousand test games and was successfully creative in a constantly fluctuating tier. He's an absolute steal here.

JustFranco is one of the best players on the site, I'm convinced. You may not think he has any results that would command the attention of SPL managers, but think again. He's the #1 seed of the UU circuit this year by over 600 points and he had an incredible record in one of SCL's hardest pools. Don't sleep on him. Franco could go for 3k and walk away with over 6 wins no sweat.

Leni definitely has pissed me off several times, but he's just really good. I was dumb enough to have him on the bench in UUFPL before I started him and watched him + Xiri prep walk all over the pool. Very solid player, mature presence, and good guy.

LpZ is one of the most dedicated old gens minds. This man builds 20 teams per week, tests every minute of every day, and calcs every conceivable, important game sequence. Bench him, start him, he will perform well.

Lyssa is a gem. She's a queen, great in prep, very solid in battle, and definitely should be given a shot in this tour.

myjava was awesome to team with during BLT. He's one of the many Indian goats, and will be a fantastic addition to SV OU prep and could honestly get wins starting.

pdt has not been drafted in SPL in his career and it's baffling. This man dominates in every single pool he plays in. He balls out in every tour, is highly creative, and just an insanely chill individual. His SCL performance should guarantee him a slot in this, but I am still including him here so no one forgets to draft Peter.

Piyush25 another goat, very friendly individual, solid player, and great human.

Sirwings despite his broken English, his sassiness, his brutal honesty, his potentially questionable style, his taste in women and his life choices, I love Sirwings. He hasn't been drafted to many big tours, yet he still finds his way into servers and makes great contributions. Definitely worth considering.

Torchic is the RBY UU goat, and is goat of all RBY tiers in my eyes. He is incredibly kind, down to earth, analytical and smart. This man analyzes his performance MID GAME and will adapt his strategy for following games. Though, the stupid decision to can BO3 in this tour takes away a part of what makes Torchic so dangerous, he is still amazing and worth drafting.

Though my opinion is not held to the esteem of many, do take what I've said to heart. Pokemon is Pokemon, and even though some lack OU experience, their skills will easily translate and their dedication will benefit them greatly. Thanks for reading!
Sirwings c nwar ^^'

Hi,

I am willing to provide quantum scouts for any team and tier, but I have 2 main requests for my upcoming managers.

1) Someone to explain what a quantum scout is (I assume it's a scout that both exists and doesn't exist simultaneously)
2) Someone to sub in / swap out when I am unable to reach the quantum realm (the location of the quantum scouts?)

Thank you for your understanding :heart:

Hello,

Don,t usually like posting these posts in a serious way, but I have nothing to lose by doing so at this point. Didn,t have my best year, but still improved my 2022 performance. My CVs achievements this year include:
-Winning a Weekly Smogon Tour in such an impressive way, that Blunder proceeded to steal my team and make a video (that probably got him money) laddering with it.
-Going 4-2 in Wcop, but 3-0 in Playoffs. I defeated one of the strongest Brittish players in Quarters, I beat the Germans with their own technology in Semis and I stole the final game despite having a brain aneurism.
-Outside of Smogon I somewhat contributed to Team Europe's victory of WcoPP. Went negative in my GSC OU journey, but still got trusted by lolebruh to play Semifinals Tie-Break and succeeded there.

People who have faced me or seen me battling know that my teams are not usually standard, but they still win more often than expected, Whiscash's 100% win-rate in SPL XIII (who also appeared in Youtube) is a proof of that.
I will play any Tier in when needed and will help with tests when required. This should be a given for any SPL player, but not everyone follows it.
One last advantage of drafting me is knowing that I won,t be banned by week 7 for being a racist, homophobe, pedophile, ghosting, cancering and being a stupid or evil person in general.

So, for any manager reading this, these are the facts. Do as you please, I am open to tryouts if someone is interested. Have a nice Eeveening!
Confirming.

Rubyblood

Tyrants GSC Legend
is a Tiering Contributoris a defending SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
World Defender
Hey,

After reading some good post from users on this thread
I would also like to share my past experience and be totally transparent with the managers of this season about the teammate or player I was.

First.
I want to thank Stone Cold who was one of the best managers I could have because you were always very supportive and honest with me even when some things were not right.
So I learned a lot from your advice
This is something I will use to be a good manager for the next wcup edition with my Belgians brothers.
Thank you very much my friend.

So, I would like to talk about my last teamtour which was quite special but rewarding for me because I saw how I had a bad approach to the game that impacted the quality of the mate I was. When I had a good start to the tournament with a score of 6-0. I felt ashamed because of my selfishness and insufficient activity.
By staying in my side could not have the chance to get to meet great people or have fun with them.
I think I have learned from my mistakes and I would like to have the chance to prove to myself that I have become a better person, because I also admit to being toxic at times and I haven't always been proud of my attitude in certain situations or some interactions with other users.
I sincerely apologize to all I was toxic with in the past.
Today, I no longer wish to have enemies or some conflicts.

Let’s make this site and this prestigious tournament better by being better people every day.

Thank you for reading.

Posho

local gaymer weeb
is a Tiering Contributoris the Smogon Tour Season 23 Championis a Past SCL Champion
Hi, smogon, I want to provide my two cents. I think there are a bunch of underrated BW OU players that deserve acknowledgement going into the draft.

CuteKitten799 : Honestly, I can't describe the guy as anything other than an asset to your team. He's been playing the tier for a couple years and found success in a couple seasonals and event went 4-2 last BWPL.

Swagalicious277 : Okay, I know what you're thinking, but don't be misled by his off putting ideas. I know not everybody trusts when players go on the unconventional route, but if you give the guy's ideas enough room to breathe, we could be looking at the next coming of ben gay for BW OU.

goku98000 : I know I'm stupid for even mentioning him, but just to make sure, really. I've been nothing but a fan of this guy. If you saw his last BW Classic run, you know what I'm talking about. Being able to contend with so many of the greatest players of the tier despite his little experience is nothing short of impressive. This man just screams potential.

gay catgirl commie : Ok, so, she's a bit under the radar. I'm fully aware it takes more than just being good at the tier to even be able to have a chance at joining a team. For someone who, despite having good results, barely has any presence this is a hurdle. That is why I have to step in and attest to her talent. Managers, believe me when I say she's a powerhouse.

Emolgalomomola : You probably remember him from a previous SPL campaign, where he defeated legendary BW OU extraordinaire Finchinator by expertly manouvering that one unconventional Sub Focus Punch Tyranitar set paired with Alomomola, which produced a fear akin, and I quote, to that of "Malkaviano's sub charge beam hydreigon". What to say. You're missing out if you don't draft him.

Hi, smogon, I want to provide my two cents. I think there are a bunch of underrated BW OU players that deserve acknowledgement going into the draft.

CuteKitten799 : Honestly, I can't describe the guy as anything other than an asset to your team. He's been playing the tier for a couple years and found success in a couple seasonals and event went 4-2 last BWPL.

Swagalicious277 : Okay, I know what you're thinking, but don't be misled by his off putting ideas. I know not everybody trusts when players go on the unconventional route, but if you give the guy's ideas enough room to breathe, we could be looking at the next coming of ben gay for BW OU.

goku98000 : I know I'm stupid for even mentioning him, but just to make sure, really. I've been nothing but a fan of this guy. If you saw his last BW Classic run, you know what I'm talking about. Being able to contend with so many of the greatest players of the tier despite his little experience is nothing short of impressive. This man just screams potential.

gay catgirl commie : Ok, so, she's a bit under the radar. I'm fully aware it takes more than just being good at the tier to even be able to have a chance at joining a team. For someone who, despite having good results, barely has any presence this is a hurdle. That is why I have to step in and attest to her talent. Managers, believe me when I say she's a powerhouse.

Emolgalomomola : You probably remember him from a previous SPL campaign, where he defeated legendary BW OU extraordinaire Finchinator by expertly manouvering that one unconventional Sub Focus Punch Tyranitar set paired with Alomomola, which produced a fear akin, and I quote, to that of "Malkaviano's sub charge beam hydreigon". What to say. You're missing out if you don't draft him.
Would like to count Dababy2 on that, very invested player, good metaknowledge +good and safe ingame, not the type to do the crazy play that will cost the game ( you know, the ones where everyone spam "GOAT" on stours when it works, and "???" when it doesnt )

( even if it was a troll post, it's the first one I see about BW and bro deserve... )

BeeOrSomething

Daylight Savings Time sucks
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Here's why you shouldn't consider me for SPL XV

1. The GSC OU pool is pretty dire (relatively)
2. 7-1 in GSCPL IV in NU
3. I made it to Round 5 in GSC Global Championships 2023 including a win against Conflict in 1 out of 3 sets and Groudon
4. Qualified for GSC Circuit Champs and nobody cares but 2nd place in PP's GSC Champs
5. I can provide support for both RBY and GSC (I think I'm pretty ok at RBY too)
6. I am very confident in my ability to provide an enthusiastic, fresh, and lively presence to any team, even if doing absolutely nothing

I know regardless of how much I do (or don't do) my chances are negative, but I figured I'd post anyways because it doesn't hurt and other people seem to be doing it (whether serious or unserious).

If for some reason you need a benchwarmer who you don't plan to do anything with, I don't think I'm a completely awful choice. Thank you for reading (or thank you for not reading)!

Last edited:
Since the BW fellas r doin it

Goated DPPt players:

Cubic Skunk, He and Student of Sinnoh cook the nastiest teams that I ever witnessed. He may only play DPP but you never gonna want him to switch off it.

Le Don, won the ROAPL and deserves to play in some SPLS, Don't let him go unpicked again.

Pideous, Same as Le Don both r goats who should be picked up by the SPL this year

Oatmon, an upcoming player also made the classic dpp pizza team, may not be picked this year but ppl gon remember this year as the last time the kid wouldve been an easy pick.

bruno

is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
for everyone pming me to signup get Le Don for dpp instead thats the goat

mishimono also very good mish mish

Buhrito is the nuzlocke goat and has transitioned to playing on smogon tours very well, powerful brain positive record for sure

also someone please get ipl for entertainment purposes or you all suck, heres to another banger season

Baloor

Tigers Management
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
PUPL Champion
since the bw and dpp fellas are doing it

here are your CAP players to pick in this years SPL (big thanks to the CAP leadership for assisting me in scouting these players)

spoo
he likes jjk and posts anime themed morale support. does not know what to do if there is no Hemogoblin on his team

D2TheW
does really well in every CAP individual, goes super negative in team tours

SHSP
bald but will still lose hair if you troll him

Snorlax in the way

Binacle Pinnacle
will post pregnant bowser in your teamcord, rants about the smogon oligarchy and absolutely will not discuss cheese with rats

LBN
do NOT draft Lunas Banned Now with Lunala

Scizivire
makes poorly photoshopped memes and avatar is cory in the house, must be a powerful user.

excited to see CAP make its debut in place of rby this year

Last edited:
Hey,
since the bw and dpp fellas are doing it

here are your CAP players to pick in this years SPL (big thanks to the CAP leadership for assisting me in scouting these players)

spoo
he likes jjk and posts anime themed morale support. does not know what to do if there is no Hemogoblin on his team

D2TheW
does really well in every CAP individual, goes super negative in team tours

SHSP
bald but will still lose hair if you troll him

Snorlax in the way

Binacle Pinnacle
will post pregnant bowser in your teamcord, rants about the smogon oligarchy and absolutely will not discuss cheese with rats

LBN
do NOT draft Lunas Banned Now with Lunala

Scizivire
makes poorly photoshopped memes and avatar is cory in the house, must be a powerful user.

excited to see CAP make its debut in place of rby this year
don’t draft spoo!

Also @managers draft pulsar512b for SS OU if real

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)