Smogon Premier League VIII - Week 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity post. It was apparent from the start that Jabba and I have very different schedules. He clearly stated that he was available Wednesday night and I went out of my way to make that work only for him to state that he wasn't ready yet. Tonight was our last shot at getting this done and he just posted from a bar to tell me it isn't happening..... :pirate:

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
But in the converse I'm available most of the deadline day and that counts for something! Listen bruh just give us an extension if the match matters for something. It's pretty difficult to schedule with a 16 hour difference.

Edit: to clarify this situation has been pretty fucked since the beginning. I thought I might have a window tonight to play this and I'd let him know if I did, but I don't. I'm free some of tomorrow and all day Sunday. Wednesday I wasn't ready (that was the first night I had to prepare), but I was good to go Thursday. I honestly think if this matters we should be granted an extension because I just think this is a byproduct of time zones.

Last edited:

kaori

Fully Automated Gay Space Communism
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
DPL Champion
“I am the Bone of my Misty Terrain
Water is my Body and Fairy is my Blood.
I have created over a Thousand Calm Minds,
Unknown to Death,
Nor known to Life.
Have withstood Pain to create many Wincons
Yet those Hands will never hold Anything.
So, as I Pray--
Unlimited Fini Works

won vs biosci, gg http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7doublesubers-259032

much like in week 3, with the squad down 0-4, handsome doubles player SamVGC comes to the plate and hits a home run.

the comeback starts now wolfpack.

awoo.

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Programmeris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Won vs. dice, gg.

Thanks to everyone on our team who remained active and kept trying even after we lost week after week. Special mention to our midseason pickups, who were essentially hauled onto a sinking ship, yet nonetheless revitalized our channel all the while knowing our playoffs chances were next to none. A final thanks to everyone who hopped on main or Gold on a dumb alt to help me test my newest iteration of Tyranitar/Jirachi sand each week.

Braverius

snowls
is a Past SPL Champion
won vs Chase, gg

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7doublesou-259528

there were a lot of games in SPL where I was confused as shit and learned the hard way about new mons / mechanics but unfortunately I still don't have a single iota of a clue what Unfezant does

shoutouts to Checkmater for the help building the team, really felt good to put something solid together to finish out the year.

Thanks for the year Classiest, sucks that we couldn't be in the thick of the playoff race but it was still a good time. I'm sorry I wasn't as active in chat, you're all a good group of people and I'm sad that I ended up being a lurker more than anything. Thanks for sticking out the season and especially, like Eo said, a big shoutout to the people who got picked up at mids and fought like hell. Wish all you guys the best in the future.

Last edited:

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
go team sweep 'em :( sunday KACAW

alternatively, sharks and one of cryos/tigers can go ahead and win so we don't have to feel bad about getting our asses beat either way

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)