Finals Smogon Premier League VIII - Finals [NO WINNER]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malekith

Daddy.
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Championis a Past SPL Champion
[#3] Indie Scooters (6) vs [#4] Circus Maximus Tigers (6)

SM OU: Welli0u vs p2
SM OU: Tricking vs Eternal Spirit
SM OU: TheThorn vs Steve Angello
SM Ubers: Gunner Rohan vs Mazar
SM LC: Star vs OP
SM DOU: Biosci vs MajorBowman
ORAS OU: Axel10 vs Nintendi
BW OU: Jirachee vs Tokyo Tom
DPP OU: Philip7086 vs Tamahome
ADV OU: Ojama vs JabbaTheGriffin
GSC OU: Mr.378 vs roroyurem
RBY OU: Crystal_ vs Zebraiken

Tie-Break lgi. GL both teams and specially to my mates Axel and Crystal.

kinda late to post this but my draft got deleted because the semis thread got locked -

Anyway, thanks for having me again Raiders. Hoped to be on the team but didn't really expect it to happen because of my poor performance last season. We were the best team this SPL imo and our main season performance shows this. This season and the past one were fun as fuck to be a part of; it's still funny thinking back at shit like the message deleter, pulling back every fucking sunday (with a rather obvious exception...) and berating the shit out of each other just for fun. I wasn't even sure I was gonna sign up but I'm sure as hell glad I did. Shoutouts are kinda lame to do if you don't win, so I won't do them, but everyone in the chat for the past few months was great; didn't expect to have close to as much fun I did in the first season, but it was even better. Honestly, it kinda stings that we got pkmned out of the series, but I guess that's the way it is.

still feel shitty about my game because i was going through some emotional shit and still decided to play when i easily could've delayed. definitely goes down as one of my worst tournament losses... luck will be luck but every slot matters and i feel like the week's loss was on me.

anyway instead of wasting another post on predictions, I guess I'll just post em here:

SM LC: Star vs OP - hm yea OP seems better rn...
DPP OU: Philip7086 vs Tamahome

hard to root for anyone because there's a few dudes i like on both teams. either way give us a hell of a series. looking forward to the gen 2-4 matches

Dread Arceus

total cockhead
you got this tigers *-*
[#3] Indie Scooters (5) vs [#4] Circus Maximus Tigers (7)

SM OU: Welli0u vs p2 - p2 is gonna obliterate his poor opp
SM OU: RNG vs Eternal Spirit -either karma will catch up with Tricking or he'll open with half a dozen crits in the first 10 turns again. We'll see.
SM OU: TheThorn vs Steve Angello - depends on if he gets baited by the endeavor mamo
SM Ubers: Gunner Rohan vs Mazar - Mazar is about to finish this season undefeated in Ubers.
SM LC: Star vs OP - He's already beaten Star once this season, just has to do it again
SM DOU: Biosci vs MajorBowman - they're both monsters, should be a great fight
ORAS OU: Axel10 vs Nintendi - realistically this will come down to "who has the better trained Clefable", as ORAS tends to.
BW OU: Jirachee vs Tokyo Tom - one of these stopped Jayde, the other hasn't even put dEnIsSsS BP in the RMT archive. Pretty obvious who wins this.
DPP OU: Philip7086 vs Tamahome - phil's a monster this season, but so is Tamahome. should be a hell of a fight
ADV OU: Ojama vs JabbaTheGriffin - Ojama cost way too much to lose right now.
GSC OU: Mr.378 vs roroyurem - betting against roroyurem is a sin
RBY OU: Crystal_ vs Zebraiken - should be a fun game, both are great players and could go either way really. Giving it to Crystal_ tho cus experience and such

SM OU: Welli0u vs p2 - this is the kind of matchup we've waited 10 weeks for
SM OU: Tricking vs Eternal Spirit - don't think this guy is very solid but his style matches up well
SM OU: TheThorn vs Steve Angello - the goatest
SM Ubers: Gunner Rohan vs Mazar - sad showing for ubers mains this tournament, mazar is on a roll either way
SM LC: Star vs OP - pretty close, star has been pretty volatile
SM DOU: Biosci vs MajorBowman - also the goatest
ORAS OU: Axel10 vs Nintendi - consider this prediction reversed if sr u-turn gliscor reappears
BW OU: Jirachee vs Tokyo Tom - never picking against someone who beat me, tho he needed a cleaner win to get added to my top 5...slick steps out of his comfort zone, thus giving tom the advantage
DPP OU: Philip7086 vs Tamahome - almost 50/50 honestly, highlight
ADV OU: Ojama vs JabbaTheGriffin - the bastermind really wants this one I'm sure
GSC OU: Mr.378 vs roroyurem - luckiest player of the modern era according to reyscargoat

still think the scooters will win due to my estimated probabilities for the above outcomes (SM sweep is unlikely etc.) as well as certain intangibles, pulling for roroyurem and the gang though :heart:

[#3] Indie Scooters (5) vs [#4] Circus Maximus Tigers (7)

SM LC: Star vs OP
DPP OU: Philip7086 vs Tamahome (highlight game of the finals)

GL to my mates Axel and Crystal but i think tigers will win this time.

john i really appreciated that last week, ur one of my favorite users on smogon <3

tigers its have been for sure the most fun time in pokemon ive ever had, thank you for giving me this on my first SPL. I trust y'all (you guys trust me as well rofl .crazy) so yeah lets fucking get It. Wrawn. hf scooters n_n

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)