Smogon Premier League VII - Week 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the record you fucktards, replays aren't down in order to support emojis, they're down because when you include emojis and such in your Pokemon nicknames or alts it crashes the replay at the point in which they are identified. The replay generator is down in order to fix that problem and so people can't fuck things up with their nicknames. That definitionally means the downtime is to "support emojis" but functionally it's to fix a huge problem.

But nah being snarky towards PS, PS developers, and specifically Zarel is the cool thing to do!

Respect the fact that things you don't understand are being discussed in conversations you weren't invited to and keep your ill-founded "do it for the likes" complaints to yourself because it's genuinely so irritating to see people trashing the people putting in hundreds of hours of their lives into developing an amazing simulator because of minor shit or personal grievances.

Stop being entitled fuckheads and be happy you're not on PO because showdown is a million times better.

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

guess nobody told you. sorry xray, BR queen will sub me.
[21:10] <12Reymedy> [18:09] <05@afkdouche> i have to play xray at 3PM
[21:10] <12Reymedy> [18:09] <05@afkdouche> if i'm not there at
[21:10] <12Reymedy> [18:09] <05@afkdouche> 3PM 5mns
[21:10] <12Reymedy> [18:09] <05@afkdouche> then just tell him to do smth else :x
[21:10] <12Reymedy> [18:09] <05@afkdouche> pce
[21:10] <12Reymedy> you're welcom
[21:10] <12Reymedy> e
[21:11] <05xray> ok ty

I did, no one waited for an hour

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
i mean really it's the middle of the week so it kind of sucks to lose it as a prep tool, it would've been neat to get a warning in advance but at least everyone is on a level playing field. it just seemed weird and the reasoning given made it seem like a joke/didn't highlight the seriousness of the problem, so people treated it as such.

For the record, I was directly calling out Sweep

As a super mod, you have no excuse for being retarded for likes about something entirely reasonable that you could have figured out looking at the inside scoop thread or just asking zarel

Nails you're cute and it was a funny looking picture :D

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
Man, I didn't even know Sweep and Nails were being sarcastic. I thought people just really liked emojis.

For the record, these are the posts in IS (names removed for privacy reasons):

Could something be done about replays breaking when people post emojis?

For many tours, such as seasonals or premier leagues, replays are required because they're used to track metagame development. People have started to intentionally post this stuff to hide their (or their teammates) replays.

Here is an example where someone posted an emoji before the battle even starts and the replay crashes:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/doublesou-338753705

If it is any help, this is what broke the replay: http://pastebin.com/peQ4h4X4
I mean [taking the database down for a few days] is just way better long term so it would be a worthy "sacrifice" especially since this is spreading and I have missed a few games I was interested in for this crap :(
using emoticons in the nicknames of your pokemon(like this: http://puu.sh/ngI4L/8304fef89f.png) means your replays will be broken (like this:http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-lc-134074). if this isn't fixable for some reason, a warning in the teambuilder would be nice.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi we're claiming the activity win over Meru. Dice followed the scheduling rules appropriately, has given Meru 12 hour stretches of time to play across multiple days, has explicitly stated he could accommodate on a weekday. Meanwhile, Meru has decided to be completely unwilling to show any attempt to get the match done prior to the weekend, which Dice made clear he couldn't play. When I stepped in to try and facilitate the match with makiri, he thought it appropriate to curse me out and call us names, claiming we're harassing him.

Sub meru or we're taking the win. Your choice.

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Both players schedules don't line up, meru is not at fault here, dice is not at fault here. Neither player can accommodate the other in any fashion due to scheduling. You aren't in meru's shoes, he works multiple jobs without access to a computer during that time. Dice can't make it during a weekend time because he is leaving on break or whatever. It is entirely a scheduling conflict and the fact you are angling for meru to sub or an activity win is frankly pretty ridiculous. Especially with the back and forth on meru's profile. Don't act like you guys are being "accommodating" when you say things like "Have fun with your activity loss" and "sorz im giving birth this weekend so im unavailable." Meru can't flex to a better time for dice and dice can't flex to a better time for meru.

So how about you stop acting like meru is totally and the only one at fault here and be responsible by making a double sub or figuring out a solid time. From what I can tell neither player can budge on their schedule and the childish antics make it difficult to actually discuss it.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You want to talk about childish when you respond with "nah seriously fuck you dude" when I try to come and find a common ground?

Get a grip.

If dice and Meru can find a time that they can both help to try and make, say for example overlapping Friday night into Saturday morning, then by all means I would love to see this game get done.

But that's a dialogue Meru needs to engage in, which he has so far completely refused to do.

I don't like making activity posts, but I can't play this weekend and Livio missed our scheduled match today. Been online ever since, since he said maybe later tonight, but no sign.

Valentine

Banned deucer.
We can sub immediately if you'd like? Livio was involved in an automobile accident and missed scheduled time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)