Smogon Masters I - Round 4, Bracket C [1-2 bracket, REPLAYS NEEDED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader

Art by Blazenix

Welcome to the first edition of Smogon Masters! This is a Swiss bracket, Bo3 tournament with each set consisting of ORAS OU, SM OU, and SS OU. Players will decide which metagame to play first, then the loser picks a different generation for the following game. If both players cannot agree on a metagame to play first, each round will have a default generation randomized at the start of each round. After several rounds of the swiss bracket, a top cut according to record and resistance will be created and a Bo3 single elimination tournament will determine who wins Smogon Masters and the trophy
1695001107602.png

Rules & Tournament Format

General Tournament Rules

• This is a tournament that will employ the standard rulesets for ORAS OU, SM OU, and SS OU.
  • Smogon Masters I will be a swiss tournament.
    • Players will be automatically dropped when they hit three losses as they are no longer in contention for top cut.
    • Players will be assigned a random opponent out of the pool of players with the same record as you each round.
    • More information on the specifics of the swiss will be placed in the HIDE tag below.
  • Rounds will be Best of Three -- one game of each tier.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!. If you can't agree on which server to play on, the Smogtours server is the default option.
  • Saving replays is required and must be posted in each winpost starting in the second round
  • There are no extensions due to the nature of a swiss tournament, so please get your games done on time.
  • Finchinator is the primary host of this tournament while Lady Salamence, Eledyr, and Frozoid will be the co-hosts.
Activity Decisions / Coin Flips: In the event that there is an uncompleted match at the deadline, it will be coin flipped unless one or both of the players involved in the match specifically request an activity win and explain sufficiently why they deserve to win over their opponent. Attempting to schedule a battle is required in order to receive the win by activity. To make it clear that you are requesting an activity win when you post, you must open your post with "Activity Win Request" in bold.

For example, if you believe your opponent is making an unfair request and that they don't deserve the activity win over you, you can either make your own request or quote their post and explain why they don't deserve it. You should try to make your activity win request posts at least 24 hours before the deadline to give your opponent a reasonable opportunity to contest it with their own activity win request.

In case of disconnections, if you played in the SmogTours server, call a Tournament Director as soon as possible and we'll see about the possibility of having a rematch.

This was written by Lady Salamence -- thank you!

This tournament uses a Swiss format, where everyone plays until they lose three times, or until Play-Ins / Top Cut begins after Round 9. The Top Cut will be single elimination and based on a 64-player bracket. All matches will be a Best of 3, involving ORAS OU, USUM OU, and SWSH OU.

In the first three rounds, a number of Byes will be placed in the tournament to hit the 768-participant number, to ensure a participant count that works well with Swiss tournament structure. These Byes will exist until Round 3, successively lowering in the Swiss structure – in Round 2, some number of 0-1 players will receive Byes, and in Round 3 some number of 0-2 players will receive Byes.

During the final round, Round 9, three players will have an 8-0 score. These three players have the option to play a Round Robin to lock in their seedings. They may choose to forfeit their games and receive the worst Resistance seeding of the three. Should a Round Robin be fully played and end in 1-1 for each player, their placings/resistance scores would stay identical to before the Round Robin.

Once Round 9 concludes, there will be 69 players qualified (7-2 score or better) for Playoffs. These players will be ranked by Resistance, which is the cumulative win percentage all of their opponents throughout the Swiss phase. The ten 7-2 players with the lowest Resistance (the smallest cumulative win percentage) will play against each other for the final 5 slots, with the first 59 going to the players with higher resistances and scores. Once Play-Ins are finished, Top Cut begins.

Round 4
-Frexa- vs Sieeeffmon
BaitWiz vs Evil
Bundy300 vs Vkhss
Chicos vs fran17
A Hero's Destiny vs DHUVANESH
Abbehat vs Beleth
AgenteDino vs realaccountami?
Rubixe vs Twixtry
Akboss13 vs Kaboom
Aurella vs Cureja
Autistic Soviet vs BlueLobster
basaninho vs ZDen
Captain Funk vs Raahel
cDoogle vs Elrog
Danny vs HikozaruGG
Ecca vs RichardMillePlain
EntryHazardous vs ThePeasent
HolaSoyBalto vs Tempo di anguria
jetou vs kenny
jus vs Mister Magnus
Ken_jaspher vs TDR
Kyo vs ToasterBoi420
Leru vs mj
lotiasite vs za Josephiroth Jetray
Monai vs patrick robertson
Mr.Bossaru vs Uta The Clown
Ox the Fox vs thundersparksdown
PokemonCestDur vs QWILY
maggnargina vs tko
Sibwind vs Swynot
Teclis vs yokoisop
1LDK vs bronzo
2HP vs kiritofps
46m ツ vs justdrew
airfare vs Dabman1069
angelthesaucegod vs Elfuseon
Astrø vs Mada
Mashing vs Cat food and (2-1 match technically, contact host)
bharathraj240 vs RaJ.Shoot
BKC vs Gochan
Blox vs Knightsharp
BMG vs it's tago!
Cao Jie vs giove97
Churielix vs Kerthwack
Inder vs Bye
cyberas vs KillaLeston
DarmanitanDLuffy vs Zenadark
Drud vs EPM
Fakee vs Reuben_Thomas05
FL5 vs heyimporg
Gei vs nightcore
h4g vs Quint_
Hacker vs Seraphz
HANTSUKI vs watashi
Hashg Skynyrd vs malefic
hotbootytoucher vs Spcplayzz
Huargensy vs RainVGC
i am a mcrib vs pokem1399
IoSonoNeon vs Trout In Space
Jisoo vs ruuko
kythr vs oopsalldeoxys
Mako vs softtxznn
maroon vs Yippie
MatLaTomate vs Wigglytuff
MrSoup vs sapaditore
ncalathes vs VyoletRayn
PA vs vandesaar
PANNAMAA vs SBPC
pkcc vs s7a
PlugDome vs Tytohbird
rocky2024 vs Vholtninja
Son Can Toa Trio vs Xrn
Uber45 vs urban
WhoDatMan vs ziloXX
Ace98121212 vs Void
agenS vs JojenReed
alive vs Fantasy
AlmostNamedOne vs Fantos13
@Antix.❄ vs stargaming
Batzi vs Paul Robeson
BIG loven vs Kaneki-san
bigboygrimace vs Manan999
boris69 vs Rowlet69420
BP vs MOHAMEDALL
brokenmotor vs lucasishere745
Brum vs So Noisy
Call me PK vs memedose46
CaptainEikichi vs Lizardu''
Career Ended vs Meta
chuggachuggachooo vs okgoogle4
Cristian Jimenez vs vgc
Delta4 vs Kizdop
Divine10 vs yinshang
Ev_Evan vs Shiningmewtwo17
fiish vs Kingsous
flygonisdragon vs NEWAL
Groza vs sleid
ibleachyourskin vs RedMeatMeal
Jojo8868 vs JRoberts
JOKERDOG vs TheRandomEnma
Lialiabeast vs Sirwings
Beraldo vs Mihowk
Mirbro vs Segale
Misterioussaint vs RiloBR
msnt vs naviii 1
Nichalho vs לַ֫הַב†
Nick vs Suhayb
Pevere1l vs Rejector
Rampecker vs Royal1604
RoiDadadou vs sasha
showdownguy124yt vs TPH
Spurrific vs UBstachel
TomatoZause vs zS
A1Gallade vs Doedf
aguafiestas vs DAHLI
Bahkelabah vs Sogs
Bane the bird vs tehdicktutor
Bestplayerever777 vs Leo
BijouMode vs hs
CAROL MVP vs Lekstaz
cicepece11 vs Theia
Cielau vs Pais
cosmonatus vs Jhonx~
Crayscent vs Juseth sepulveda
Gewehr16 vs Zerotti
havocknight vs promisingpanda
Hyogafodex vs toinha
luisito agustin vs mew fan 7
MonkeBoi215 vs urrgh
MrScraggs vs shadowtime2000
pokeman showdowns vs ricky a go go
PopularMods1 vs SmartsellerIsOfSmogon
qsns vs X-Wing
SeenArt vs Tarre25
ZeroNo vs Chris Chien Pao
bas!234 vs bydy
Bodi 69 vs Dapoez
F1reyy vs Nateis_Fate18
Lórius388 vs Mindnight
MustardNischal vs YasuKe
Siddakid vs Srita Kaguya
vampere vs X-999

There are no extensions in this tournment and no exceptions to this whatsoever, so please do your best to get your games done by Sunday, October 22nd at 10 PM GMT-4. Start this round in SWSH OU if you cannot decide. Thanks.

Replays are required to be saved all tournament and posted.

Last edited:

Ainzcrad

Smile of the Orchid
is a Tiering Contributor
Same case as catfood and, no evidence on flipping. My previous opp hasnt been on since october 2nd, called act on thread but my opponent was given the win instead. Would like to request to be put onto the 2-1 bracket

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
An error discovered with two matches has been resolved. Due to host error, two 2-1 players were placed in the 1-2 bracket by accident, as a result of improper cleaning up after previous match editing. These games have been flipped so that their 1-2 opponents play, and the 2-1 players play, rather than having two matchups with a 2-1 vs 1-2 result, a pairing matchup the host team wants to avoid if at all possible.

The new matchups are:
1-2 matchup: Beraldo vs Mihowk
2-1 matchup: Mashing vs Cat food and

For simplicity's sake, the 2-1 matchup will remain in this thread, but will be marked as a 2-1 game in the OP and for the bracket creation process.

I just wanted to ask what my record of win/loss is, as last round I was going to claim an act win because they never responded but didnt have time to, and I dont know if it counted as a win or loss for me.

a fairy

Community Leader
After discussion with Gochan for their match vs BlazingDark last round, and at their request, we are reversing the call and giving the win to BlazingDark. The new matchup in this bracket is: BKC vs Gochan

I just wanted to ask what my record of win/loss is, as last round I was going to claim an act win because they never responded but didnt have time to, and I dont know if it counted as a win or loss for me.
With no public scheduling attempts and no post in thread, your match against your previous opponent was coinflipped, per tournament rules. The thread's title indicates what your position in the bracket is, which is currently 1-2.

After discussion with Gochan for their match vs BlazingDark last round, and at their request, we are reversing the call and giving the win to BlazingDark. The new matchup in this bracket is: BKC vs Gochan

With no public scheduling attempts and no post in thread, your match against your previous opponent was coinflipped, per tournament rules. The thread's title indicates what your position in the bracket is, which is currently 1-2.
Man :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)