SM UU Simple Questions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will Zeraora be good in UU if it was in the tier?
Maybe, but it definitely would not be broken. It has setup options and decent coverage, as well as decent attack, AND decent special attack. But they are only decent, so without setup, zeraoras power would be quite underwhelming. It would also serve as another fast volt switch, like mega mane. One thing is for sure, it would run a wiiiiiiide range of sets, because its stats and movepool seem very versatile. Also, cool thing, plasma fists turns its oppenets normal type moves into electric type moves, which zeraora is immune to, and that includes pixilate boosted normal moves, so if somethin like a mega altaria only has normal type moves, it will probably lose to zeraora unless it can boost to be faster than zeraora.

Hey, I've seen a lot of people playing Rhyperior in UU to check Flying Spam + Manec-Mega and I just want to know what kind of spread people run and why they run this spread especially ? :]
I don't think Rhyperior is that amazing in UU because of its low spedef, but if you have your heart set on using it, run stealth rock, specially defensive, dual STAB in rockblast/stone edge and earthquake, + ice punch for gliscor because your attack stat is actually good. Use the ability solid rock to eat earthquakes from gliscors.
Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Ice Punch
This lets you eat special hits as well as you can, tank EQs, get up rocks, and beat gliscor.
0 Atk Gliscor Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Solid Rock Rhyperior: 126-148 (29 - 34.1%) -- 98.6% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
76 Atk Gliscor Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Solid Rock Rhyperior: 135-159 (31.1 - 36.6%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
4 Atk Rhyperior Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Gliscor: 200-236 (56.4 - 66.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal(phsdef gliscor is not a set, I just wanted to show you how reliably it Kos)

Last edited:
Why is the ban list for UU so big? Wouldn't it be better to allow these banned pokemon to be used in UU and letting the metagame adjust to the power creep?

Felixx

I'm back.
Why is the ban list for UU so big? Wouldn't it be better to allow these banned pokemon to be used in UU and letting the metagame adjust to the power creep?
That's the UU Tier Leader's call, even if they ban every BL mon, and let's just say "broken checks broken", the tier will still end up being unstable and difficult to play with monsters like M-Gallade and M-Hera having no switch-ins and Weavile throwing out CB attacks and pursuitting everything. Plus they're already trying to reduce the ban list, picking out mons which seem the least destructive to their metagame and giving them a second chance, as shown by the their lastest suspect test in M-Slowbro, and other resuspects such Breloom, Buzzwole, and Weavile.

Last edited:

Freeroamer

The greatest story of them all.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Hey, I've seen a lot of people playing Rhyperior in UU to check Flying Spam + Manec-Mega and I just want to know what kind of spread people run and why they run this spread especially ? :]
I don't think Rhyperior is that amazing in UU because of its low spedef, but if you have your heart set on using it, run stealth rock, specially defensive, dual STAB in rockblast/stone edge and earthquake, + ice punch for gliscor because your attack stat is actually good. Use the ability solid rock to eat earthquakes from gliscors.
Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Ice Punch
This lets you eat special hits as well as you can, tank EQs, get up rocks, and beat gliscor.
0 Atk Gliscor Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Solid Rock Rhyperior: 126-148 (29 - 34.1%) -- 98.6% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
76 Atk Gliscor Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Solid Rock Rhyperior: 135-159 (31.1 - 36.6%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
4 Atk Rhyperior Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Gliscor: 200-236 (56.4 - 66.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal(phsdef gliscor is not a set, I just wanted to show you how reliably it Kos)
A lot of people actually use Adamant with 252 HP / 16 Atk / 244 SpDef. This takes advantage of the fact Rhyperior has respectable power by making it less passive than a fully specially defensive spread, but you still retain enough SpDef to switch into common Pidgeot / Manectric / Moltres sets more than once in a game. 16 Atk + Adamant hits a jump point which is nice I guess, it’s mostly arbitrary though. Your moves are fine, some people have been fitting Toxic or Fire Punch but honestly it’s all team dependent.

In B rank on the viability rankings thread, why does everything seem to be in alphabetical order except Quagsire?

A lot of people actually use Adamant with 252 HP / 16 Atk / 244 SpDef. This takes advantage of the fact Rhyperior has respectable power by making it less passive than a fully specially defensive spread, but you still retain enough SpDef to switch into common Pidgeot / Manectric / Moltres sets more than once in a game. 16 Atk + Adamant hits a jump point which is nice I guess, it’s mostly arbitrary though. Your moves are fine, some people have been fitting Toxic or Fire Punch but honestly it’s all team dependent.
Yeah, that works too, but, like he said, it is mostly team dependent Moutemoute

So, after Azumarill went back to BL, what is going to happen with Breloom? I personally think it became much harder to deal with because both Amoonguss and Azumarill are gone. How much more will it be threatening?

So, after Azumarill went back to BL, what is going to happen with Breloom? I personally think it became much harder to deal with because both Amoonguss and Azumarill are gone. How much more will it be threatening?
it's definitely more threatening. sap sipper azu and amoonguss were two of its biggest counters, but there is certainly more than just that in the tier to check breloom. overall if you're running offense it will never switch in on anything because it's so frail and as long as you have a mach punch resist on your team it won't be able to just run you over, and if you're running a more defensive team there's still stuff like defensive moltres, crobat etc to check it. i'd say that with the departure of azu and amoonguss you just have to prepare more for it while you're teambuilding.

Sage

From the River To the Sea
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...te-for-april-2018.3632386/page-4#post-7780792
| 54 | Slowbro-Mega | 3.463% |
Why its usage is so low, when it's ranked A?
Usage isn't ever an indicator of viability, as you can see stuff like Moltres at A- without even being UU to begin with. That being said, UU has a ton of Water types and some of them can struggle to find significant usage on the ladder. Slowbro and Suicune for example both fill the same Water CM role (although they perform it differently.)

Secondly, low-mid ladder tends to gravitate to different metas and trends compared to the high ladder (sort of) and tournament play.

| 18 | Slowbro | 9 | 9.38% | 55.56%

This is slowbro's UUPL usage over the first three weeks of the tour, and you can see it's much more prevalent here.

Hope this helped!

What is the usage level for a UU Pokemon?

Is it over 3.41% (or whatever it is%) *in UU*?
Same as OU is 3.41% in OU to be considered an 'OU mon'. Thanks.

is there a suspect test rn? Is conkelldur being retested? could i see the thread?
There is no current suspect test ongoing. If there were, it's more likely it would be to reban Breloom than to drop Conkeldurr back into the tier.

Suspect tests are announced in np threads that are stickied in this subforum, so whenever one happens, you should be able to see it here. The ladder on Showdown is updated after that thread goes up.

Sorry if this is the wrong place, I don't come around here often and I'm super new when it comes to competitive. I caught a Slowpoke with perfect IVs in everything except speed (which is very good) and defense (which is decent). It's got a docile nature so I can do whatever I want with EVs it looks like, and its ability is Oblivious. I know that the ability that I should want is regenerator, but this particular Slowpoke is a shiny so I really wanna use it.

So, in short, my question is: Slowbro or Slowking for this Slowpoke, and what direction should I go for EV training? I know Slowbro is generally the more favored choice but since my Slowpoke's lowest IV is defense I'm wondering if that's the best way to go for me.

Sorry if this is the wrong place, I don't come around here often and I'm super new when it comes to competitive. I caught a Slowpoke with perfect IVs in everything except speed (which is very good) and defense (which is decent). It's got a docile nature so I can do whatever I want with EVs it looks like, and its ability is Oblivious. I know that the ability that I should want is regenerator, but this particular Slowpoke is a shiny so I really wanna use it.

So, in short, my question is: Slowbro or Slowking for this Slowpoke, and what direction should I go for EV training? I know Slowbro is generally the more favored choice but since my Slowpoke's lowest IV is defense I'm wondering if that's the best way to go for me.
Since the nature is awful and the defense IVs are imperfect you should just use it as a parent for a better Slowpoke.

Since the nature is awful and the defense IVs are imperfect you should just use it as a parent for a better Slowpoke.
It's shiny though so I really wanna make the best use of it I can. I know it's not gonna be winning any awards but it's still totally usable since its special attack and special defense IVs are perfect. Oblivious sucks as an ability but there's always the ability capsule, and i'd much rather have a neutral nature than a negative one.

Felixx

I'm back.
It's shiny though so I really wanna make the best use of it I can. I know it's not gonna be winning any awards but it's still totally usable since its special attack and special defense IVs are perfect. Oblivious sucks as an ability but there's always the ability capsule, and i'd much rather have a neutral nature than a negative one.
You can't ability capsule a hidden ability

You can't ability capsule a hidden ability
I know, but Own Tempo is better than Oblivious. Still sucks and I wish it had its hidden ability, but it is what it is. If I decide to go Slowbro (shouldn't Hyper Training fix the IV issue?) it won't even matter because Mega Slowbro always has Shell Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)