Sleep in D/P?

The last I heard it was found that sleep is now a minimum of three turns of something to that effect.

Now I was very surprised when twice now ingame D/P, my Pokemon have woken within one turn of being slept by Hypnosis.

Can anybody explain this? Or was the previous information incorrect...

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
That info was based on TRE doing about twenty trial runs with Hypnosis and finding that none of them woke up until after three turns. He could've just been unlucky, though.

Team Rocket Elite

Data Integration Thought Entity
is a Top Researcher Alumnus
Just to make sure we're counting turns the same way you mean:

Pokemon A used Hypnosis! Pokemon B fell asleep!
Pokemon B is fast asleep!
Pokemon B woke up! Pokemon B used ____.

You've seen this happen? Or do you mean:

Pokemon A used Hypnosis! Pokemon B fell asleep!
Pokemon B woke up! Pokemon B used ____.

When I tested this, the first situation never occurred after numerous trials. If you are absolutely certain you've seen it. I could try testing it again.

Although I did think I saw your first example, perhaps I just wasn't paying attention. I trust your tests more than my own observations lol.

Maybe they modified it from the Japanese version? I played through the japanese versions and it did seem that sleep took longer to wear off. However I'm now playing the US versions and I'm pretty sure that I've woken up from sleep in less than 3 turns a couple of times, it seems to me that it's working like it did in previous versions. I will try to confirm that this is the case next time it happens.

Ok I definitely cannot be imagining it now.

My roselia was just sent to sleep by Glameow with hypnosis. I slept for the first turn (he was faster). I then woke immediately next turn and used Mega drain.

Turn 1:
Darkrai used Dark Void! Elekible fell asleep!
Elekible is fast asleep!

Turn 2:
Elekible is fast asleep!

Turn 3:
Elekible woke up!

What we're looking for is evidence that Elekible can wake up on Turn 2. SirSpanky just reported that possibility, so in all likeliness, there hasn't been a sleep change.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)