ORAS OU Sir Dirk and the Boys in Blue

This is my first RMT. I've been playing competitive Pokemon for awhile and have built some ok teams. I spend most of my time in the 1200s. I always played stall and balance and wanted to try something new. So I started using Hyper offense teams. I found this nasty little guy here; credit to -Clone- for the original team. It's based around that team although due to a lack of true dedication I refuse to soft reset for perfect legendaries in my game. So I needed replacements for Raikou and Keldeo despite them being awesome. I occasionally got up to 1300 with this team. However after replacing these two pokemon, I peaked at just under 1400. I've been unable to cross that line and would like some help doing so. So here it is.

CP25 (Garchomp) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Claw

Named after Chandler Parsons since everyone appreciates CP's stealth rocks. Like Parsons, his on court production is good, not great. It's all about the other stuff he does not as a battler.This is a typical Garchomp lead. It goes against literally anything. I switch out against something that is faster and I am confident will ohko me with an ice move. Otherwise it stealth rocks and then usses eq until it dies. I swords dance against walls or guaranteed switches but mostly just attack away until he dies.

DWill Clutch (Gengar) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Taunt
- Focus Blast

Vintage Deron Williams was great back in the day. And he needs to return to that form in Dallas. He's a sidekick but he'll be used as the main penetrator in Dallas. So despite not being one of my two primary attackers, he specializes in something the two main scorers don't. My main special attacker. Gengar's two stabs generally 2hko pretty much anything that switches into him. Sludge Wave is my attack of choice which 2hkos pretty much anything that doesnt resist it. Shadow ball is really only used when super effective or after focus blast on guaranteed kos that I cant afford a miss. Focus blast for nearly flawless coverage and those obnoxious steel types. Taunt is on for walls but honestly I rarely use it and would be open to changing it. Oh and he is part 1 of my 'Leave my rocks alone' core since he blocks rapid spin.

Cuban (Bisharp) @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

You dare use Defog? Thank you for the free swords dance. You better have a fighting type or it's gg. You used sticky web... lol. Sucker punch with dat free swords dance rolls your whole squad. I'm thinking about switching swords dance to pursuit to truly dominate Lati@s and psychic types. Iron head for fairies. But honestly this is here to abuse defiant and discourage defog. I liek my rocks. No relation to Cuban. They're just both badass cold blooded killers.

Coach Carlisle (Goodra) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Gooey
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Bomb
- Thunderbolt

Like Coach, he's got some tricks up his sleeves. Not many people expect the uninvested spdef. Max Spa hits harder than expected. Ferros and Scizor's eat fire blasts. Special attackers are wasting their time. Dragon pulse is the Stab of choice. Sludge bomb for Mega Sableye and fairies. Mega sableye gave me nightmares. That 30% chance to poison it is absolutely critical. Thunderbolt for pretty much unresisted coverage. I usually use that when I know they are switching but im unsure exactly what into. Like Coach Carlisle, he singlehandedly picks up wins sometimes. Teams seem really seem unprepared for this.

WessyWes (Electivire) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Cross Chop
- Wild Charge
- Ice Punch
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Wesley Matthews also has a Vital spirit never guve up attitude. This is my revenge killer of choice. HP Grass is needed for Gastrodon which completely beat my team. This is also my only repsonse to ddance megados. In OU a lot of people don't know what to expect from this. Scarf outspeeds most of the tier. Wild charge cleans up after it's resists are gone. I desperately needed a revenge killer and this gets the job done.

Sir Dirk (Metagross) @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
Jolly Nature
- Hammer Arm
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Zen Headbutt

The king. The legend. Just like Dirk. The reason this team was built. The OP mega of Megas. This puts in absolutley nasty work against everything. Bulky af and hits like a truck. Priority bullet punch kills mega diancie. Meteor mash and zen headbutt put in work. Zen kills mega venu and hits ground types. Hammer arm kills all steel types, specifically mold breaker exadrill, assuming it isn't scarfed. This is a typical set, not much to say. It's my sweeper.

Problem Pokemon

Talonflame- Someone is dying. Usually we sac Goodra for the lowered speed and then zen headbutt with megagross since bb is resisted and it outspeeds with the lowered speed.

Mold breaker choiced Excadrill- If Evire is dead I lose.

Megados- This killed me. I haven't fought it since adding Evire. Wild Charge doesn't ohko. But with some luck It should put it in range of sucker punch/bullet punch.

Attachments

Forgot this. Here's the importable version:

Sir Dirk (Metagross) @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
Jolly Nature
- Hammer Arm
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Zen Headbutt

CP25 (Garchomp) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Claw

DWill Clutch (Gengar) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Taunt
- Focus Blast

Cuban (Bisharp) @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Coach Carlisle (Goodra) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Gooey
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Bomb
- Thunderbolt

WessyWes (Electivire) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Cross Chop
- Wild Charge
- Ice Punch
- Hidden Power [Grass]

I appreciate the responses and I tried out a team with the bulkchomp and the scarfed rotom-W. Honestly I got burnt on the lower teirs and really struggled. The one change I think I'll use going forward is the fire blast on the garchomp. That will be really appreciated against Skarmories that were giving me some problems. I had not really used SD too often so that'll be a nice change. Thanks guys!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)