Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 47 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't let my post count fool you, this is my first post in over 3 years. Just bought my first copy of a Pokemon DS game since DPP and am looking to get competitive once more. However, I'm confused about the current competitive atmosphere now. Hacking has always been a problem, but now it's checked for competitive events? How do I know if I'm innocent or guilty of all the Pokemon I've received in trades via previous games? Additionally, is using hacked Pokemon to breed for their good IVs going to hurt the offspring? I remember it didn't used to, but I'm not familiar with things now anymore.

Lastly, are trade threads still a thing? Or does cloning a Pokemon consider both Pokemon as a hack?

I've also seen the term 'redi's' tossed around quite often. Care to shed some light on this term?

All valid questions for being gone so long.

In reality, if hacked carefully, its very hard to tell the difference between a hack and legit poke. But blatant hacks will be called out. Also anything you randomly get on the GTS or Wonder Trade that looks amazing? Most just consider it hacked. Cause more than 95% of the time they are. Using hacked pokemon as breeding parents makes the children pokes considered hacks, no matter how legit they look. If you were here back in the day and got your pokes from trust-able peeps who RNG'd them then you probably have nothing to worry about. If not, then if I were you I might just restart your collection. But that depends on how you got your pokes.

Trade threads are very much alive and well used. Been using a trade thread about a year and a half and I've gotten over 200 pokes because of it. Also cloning is not considered hacking. But it is courteous to tell peeps that you are using clones (though if its a Legendary / Shiny its pretty much assumed its a clone). Also over cloning can lead to a decrease in its value, which brings me to my next point.

Now with redis rights. This is split into 3 groups: Full, semi, and no. Full redistribution rights means you are ok with a pokemon you bred / soft reset / RNG'd when traded to someone else for said person to do whatever they want with it (as in they can trade it to someone else and clone). In some cases pokemon with full redistribute rights, people are asked to not trade them for profit. They exist to share with everyone to obtain hard to get pokes (usually legendary) cause not everyone can RNG or has the time or sanity to soft reset Gen 6 legends. Semi redistribution rights means that while you can trade / clone another person's poke, the owner must agree with each transaction you make with said poke. No redistribution rights means once you obtain said poke, you cannot trade it or clone it. To sum it all up the system, it makes it so pokemon still have value. Without the system everyone would be able to make INFINITE value from pokemon they never worked for. Of course this system is mostly for Legends, Shinys, and RNG's. With most regular breedables, no one is going to bother talking about redis rights. But generally do not clone other people's pokes.

To make things simple, I usually just don't bother trading (and especially clone) other people's pokemon. Even if they have full redis rights. I just point them to the owner (maybe if I could clone that would be a different story but w/e).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, new page bump.

I seem to have accidentally deleted my HP Grass and Ice Magmar breeding mothers... ( can't find them anywhere between my 2 games).

Anyone spare any female poke in the Magby line with Vital Spirit in a Repeat Ball? IV's and nature do not matter.

I don't wanna mess with mirage islands NEVER having the one island I need....no matter how much I reset....

Last edited:
Looking to swap HA Kanto Bird codes (I have 2) for a credit per code in your respective Trade Thread. I'll be giving them away on a first come first served basis - assuming I see a 'mon I'd like to swap them for.

edit: PM me so we don't clog the thread

Last edited:
Looking to swap HA Kanto Bird codes (I have 2) for a credit per code in your respective Trade Thread. I'll be giving them away on a first come first served basis - assuming I see a 'mon I'd like to swap them for.
Any chance you'd be willing to swap a code for a PGL Dragonite code or a Pal Mew code?

If not, I'm willing to give 2 credits in my very old thread.

In VGC format battles, Shiny Primals are a hack right? Because they have to be from this gen and they are shiny locked? Because I've seen several Shiny Primals in this International Challenge.

Don't let my post count fool you, this is my first post in over 3 years. Just bought my first copy of a Pokemon DS game since DPP and am looking to get competitive once more. However, I'm confused about the current competitive atmosphere now. Hacking has always been a problem, but now it's checked for competitive events? How do I know if I'm innocent or guilty of all the Pokemon I've received in trades via previous games? Additionally, is using hacked Pokemon to breed for their good IVs going to hurt the offspring? I remember it didn't used to, but I'm not familiar with things now anymore.

Lastly, are trade threads still a thing? Or does cloning a Pokemon consider both Pokemon as a hack?

I've also seen the term 'redi's' tossed around quite often. Care to shed some light on this term?
The other thing I dont think crazy_man picked up on is that all your past gen pokes are irrelevant for competative play as since gen 6 all poke have a small blue pentagon (next to the shiny star) to show they are gen 6 pokes and in almost all competitions they need to have the blue pentagon to be eligable ..therefore pokemon that do not carry the blue pentagon have very little trade value unless they have something thats unique to a certain gen that cant be reproduced in gen 6 (move tutor moves like defog as example)
So wether your pokes are legit or not your pretty much (as has everyone) started from scratch again ...GF has been a little understanding in this as by the end of the year every legendary/mythological poke will have been made available and all will have minimum of 3, 31ivs and that is why u may notice of people talking about SR (soft resetting) instead of RNG -as thats not possible anymore ...breeding 5iv is easier though with destiny knot + everstone

Looking for a female, HA Scyther spitback in a dream ball. Any ivs work, but if it has Impish nature too, It would be great. Thank you.

Looking for someone to trade with me for two evolutions. Nothing special just want my Gengar before I beat the game.

FC: 0662 - 7064 - 2318

All valid questions for being gone so long.

In reality, if hacked carefully, its very hard to tell the difference between a hack and legit poke. But blatant hacks will be called out. Also anything you randomly get on the GTS or Wonder Trade that looks amazing? Most just consider it hacked. Cause more than 95% of the time they are. Using hacked pokemon as breeding parents makes the children pokes considered hacks, no matter how legit they look. If you were here back in the day and got your pokes from trust-able peeps who RNG'd them then you probably have nothing to worry about. If not, then if I were you I might just restart your collection. But that depends on how you got your pokes.

Trade threads are very much alive and well used. Been using a trade thread about a year and a half and I've gotten over 200 pokes because of it. Also cloning is not considered hacking. But it is courteous to tell peeps that you are using clones (though if its a Legendary / Shiny its pretty much assumed its a clone). Also over cloning can lead to a decrease in its value, which brings me to my next point.

Now with redis rights. This is split into 3 groups: Full, semi, and no. Full redistribution rights means you are ok with a pokemon you bred / soft reset / RNG'd when traded to someone else for said person to do whatever they want with it (as in they can trade it to someone else and clone). In some cases pokemon with full redistribute rights, people are asked to not trade them for profit. They exist to share with everyone to obtain hard to get pokes (usually legendary) cause not everyone can RNG or has the time or sanity to soft reset Gen 6 legends. Semi redistribution rights means that while you can trade / clone another person's poke, the owner must agree with each transaction you make with said poke. No redistribution rights means once you obtain said poke, you cannot trade it or clone it. To sum it all up the system, it makes it so pokemon still have value. Without the system everyone would be able to make INFINITE value from pokemon they never worked for. Of course this system is mostly for Legends, Shinys, and RNG's. With most regular breedables, no one is going to bother talking about redis rights. But generally do not clone other people's pokes.

To make things simple, I usually just don't bother trading (and especially clone) other people's pokemon. Even if they have full redis rights. I just point them to the owner (maybe if I could clone that would be a different story but w/e).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, new page bump.
I have a 6 IV Ditto that I'm almost sure is hacked. My little brother got it in a trade and just wanted it because it was shiny. Once I further inspected it, I realized that it was 6 IVs also. Are my competitive offspring considered hacked?

I have a 6 IV Ditto that I'm almost sure is hacked. My little brother got it in a trade and just wanted it because it was shiny. Once I further inspected it, I realized that it was 6 IVs also. Are my competitive offspring considered hacked?
Possibly. It might just be RNG'd. Might wanna look into how / where he got it. Does it have a Pentagon?

Yes, it does have the blue pentagon. I don't know, there is a really small chance that it might be legit. Luxury ball, Friend Safari location. It also has HA.

Yes, it does have the blue pentagon. I don't know, there is a really small chance that it might be legit. Luxury ball, Friend Safari location. It also has HA.
The odds of that being the case is about 1/1,073,741,824. Unless someone somehow figured out how to RNG on XY, that's probably a hack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)