Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 46 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a pretty specific question and I'm not sure where to ask but:

What is the minimal Attack EV investment an Impish Tyranitar needs in order to OHKO Latias/Latios with Pursuit on a switch?

I can breed you the Scraggy you need, PM me :)
This depends on a ton of factors including level your playing at but it looks like:

140 Atk Tyranitar Pursuit vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Latios: 300-354 (100.3 - 118.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Though I simply doubled the attack power so it may be incorrect

Is there a list of moves that are restricted to previous gens?

Like TMs that are available in gen 4/5 but not gen 6, and move tutors that are PtHGSS/FRLG but not ORAS?

This depends on a ton of factors including level your playing at but it looks like:

140 Atk Tyranitar Pursuit vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Latios: 300-354 (100.3 - 118.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Though I simply doubled the attack power so it may be incorrect
The presumptions I'm building the question around are that both pokemon are Lv50 with perfect IVs in attack and defence respectively. No screens on the field, just a pure hypothetical scenario where TTar uses pursuit whilst Lati@s is switching out. I'd like to know how many EVs impish TTar needs in attack to OHKO if Lati@s hasn't taken any stealth rock or sand damage :) thing is I kinda suck at calcs when they are this precise :P

LF: Double-edge Kangaskhan or any male with double-edge from the Bulbasaur-line, Cubone-line, Aron-line or Bergmite-line.
Ball does not matter, nature matters for kangaskhan, it must be adamant.

Edit: Kangaskhan does not need to be adamant, just realised my ditto is adamant.
Just going to bump this to the new page

I am going to getting back into 4th gen (Heartgold) and first spread I am gonna abuse for is an Impish (and hopefully Bold with be included with it). I need some ideas for captures I can do with Impish/Bold.
I got Skarmory planned already.

Also, does anyone know where I can find the spreadsheet that OmegaDonut made a long while ago that had a list of all High IV spreads for 4th Gen?

Is there a list of moves that are restricted to previous gens?

Like TMs that are available in gen 4/5 but not gen 6, and move tutors that are PtHGSS/FRLG but not ORAS?
Almost any site that has a Pokedex will list each Pokemon's moves and what's available to them in the current gen/what's only available from previous gens. It really depends on each Pokemon in question that you're thinking of. (FR/LG tutors are obviously unavailable for a Bisharp as an example)

Almost any site that has a Pokedex will list each Pokemon's moves and what's available to them in the current gen/what's only available from previous gens. It really depends on each Pokemon in question that you're thinking of. (FR/LG tutors are obviously unavailable for a Bisharp as an example)
I suggest you check (well, not you, jagged_angel. :P) Serebii. Their Pokedex tells you what moves are exclusively from gen 3-5. I use it a lot, being a 3-5 breeder/catcher lol myself.

I am going to getting back into 4th gen (Heartgold) and first spread I am gonna abuse for is an Impish (and hopefully Bold with be included with it). I need some ideas for captures I can do with Impish/Bold.

Also, does anyone know where I can find the spreadsheet that OmegaDonut made a long while ago that had a list of all High IV spreads for 4th Gen?
I'm mostly rusty on past gen stuff, so I might be off if I recommend some things. But I'm thinking that these might be useful for impish/bold: Chansey (bold), Zubat (impish,golbat eviolite), mareep (bold), magikarp (impish), nidoran f (bold). These were mostly from sets back in BW days iirc.

Hi guys, just wanted to know if there's a method to transfer Pokemon from 4th gen to 6th gen? Also is there an easier way to get those Apricorn ball other than waiting for Kurt to make them in HGSS (legit cloning)?

Hmmmm....... Think Think Think......
Capture Ideas (for Bold/Impish on Heartgold) (if you're referring to the shiny spreads):
1.) Shiny Bold/Impish Baltoy (Caught in a heavy ball and Luxury ball)
2.) Shiny Bold Suicune (Caught in a lure ball, Moon ball, Dive ball, and Net ball)
3.) Shiny Bold Zapdos (Caught in a fast ball, ultra ball, friend ball, and luxury ball)

I'm sure there were some other ideas stored in my head somewhere, but I can't seem to get them popped in my head.

Hi guys, just wanted to know if there's a method to transfer Pokemon from 4th gen to 6th gen? Also is there an easier way to get those Apricorn ball other than waiting for Kurt to make them in HGSS (legit cloning)?
Just alter the time on the DS (23:59) and the day'll roll over. And for transfer, you need a Gen 5 game

Curious question......

I know most of you guys prefer to do business with people who have their own pokemon, and I do want to take pride in getting my own pokemon, but out of curiosity, does a player (or smogoner) have to get every pokemon on the pokemon game his/her self? If no, how do I know when or what would be a good time to give somebody (on smogon) a chance or an opportunity to get a pokemon that you're looking for?

EDIT:
.com - I'll be glad to reword it (or rephrase it) if you still want me to. But I don't think it would be necessary since I got my answer. ;)

unless if you still want me to reword it even though I got my answer, do you?

Last edited:

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Curious question......

I know most of you guys prefer to do business with people who have their own pokemon, and I do want to take pride in getting my own pokemon, but out of curiosity, does a player (or smogoner) have to get every pokemon on the pokemon game his/her self? If no, how do I know when or what would be a good time to give somebody (on smogon) a chance or an opportunity to get a pokemon that you're looking for?
4 weeks.[/SARCASM]

Could you reword your question (feel free to do so by editing rather than reposting so I can remove this [my] post), 'cause I'm genuinely stumped as to what you're asking.

Like craymond says, you need a gen 5 game. You need to finish the game first and obtain the National Dex, then go to the Poké Transfer Lab on Route 15. Have two DSs (or 3DSs or both) and initiate the transfer on the gen 5 game and follow the instructions. You'll do a dumb minigame where you shoot Poké Balls at your Pokémon and then, when you caught them, you have to use the Poké Transporter to send them to PokéBank and finally, use your gen 6 game to get them from PokéBank and into your game.

Edit: yes, Black works fine.

Hmmmm....... Think Think Think......
Capture Ideas (for Bold/Impish on Heartgold) (if you're referring to the shiny spreads):
1.) Shiny Bold/Impish Baltoy (Caught in a heavy ball and Luxury ball)
2.) Shiny Bold Suicune (Caught in a lure ball, Moon ball, Dive ball, and Net ball)
3.) Shiny Bold Zapdos (Caught in a fast ball, ultra ball, friend ball, and luxury ball)
I'd like to suggest Impish Growlithe (fast ball) and Impish Phanpy (heavy ball or level ball for shiny donphan)

Curious question......

Imo the reason to give someone else a chance to get a pokemon for you is because:
  • You can't get that pokemon yourself. For example: XY friend safaris, hidden ability pokemon, pokemon in apricorn balls (if like me you don't own HGSS)
  • If they offer shinies or 6 IV pokemon or Hidden Power pokemon that would be a hassle for you to make yourself (although anyone could, you just choose not to because it's so much more efficient to trade)
  • You're particularly lazy and can't be bothered to do the chain breeding for certain egg moves :) hehe
  • Legendary pokemon that you've either failed to SR yourself or already have but you want a different nature
  • Maybe you're in a huge rush for something and need that pokemon really badly but you know it'll take too long to get it yourself?
The bottom line however, is that I myself actually don't mind other people's OT. Because I mainly use traded pokemon for battles, other poeple's pokemon are easier to train and making a team that includes your friend's pokemon I think is a cool concept, like they're lending me their strength.
However, when it comes to trading, if I'm offering a pokemon that I originally obtained from someone else, I'll re-breed it so it has my OT and that's trading my own pokemon. Of course I always give credit where it's due when the parent originated from someone else :)

what it feels like when I battle using other people's or my friend's competitive pokemon I obtained through trade:
\o/ <(Yay!)
Moderator edit: <Large irrelevant image removed>

Like craymond says, you need a gen 5 game. You need to finish the game first and obtain the National Dex, then go to the Poké Transfer Lab on Route 15. Have two DSs (or 3DSs or both) and initiate the transfer on the gen 5 game and follow the instructions. You'll do a dumb minigame where you shoot Poké Balls at your Pokémon and then, when you caught them, you have to use the Poké Transporter to send them to PokéBank and finally, use your gen 6 game to get them from PokéBank and into your game.

Edit: yes, Black works fine.
Thx for the explanation :) So it's okay to have one in a DS and the other in 3DS? That's good to know. I'll try it.

I have a shiny Safari Ball Impish Double Edge Kangaskhan, but it's not a spitback or anything, it's 5IV. =P I could breed a spitback it if you don't want to trade for this one.
Managed to find a Kangaskhan with double-edge lurking in my Pokébank, so I don't need a Kanga anymore :). So I thanks for the offer but I don't have use for it.

Thx for the explanation :) So it's okay to have one in a DS and the other in 3DS? That's good to know. I'll try it.
No problem. Yeah, that works fine. I used to think it didn't work for some reason, but it does and it's faster than grabbing both my DSes or both my 3DSes (yes, I'm lazy). =P

Ksh13 said:
Managed to find a Kangaskhan with double-edge lurking in my Pokébank, so I don't need a Kanga anymore :). So I thanks for the offer but I don't have use for it.
Alright. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)