ORAS LC Shrek's Onions LC

Who is my best team member?

• Total voters
Although I haven't been around in Showdown too long, I pride myself in how good I am with LC teams. Not necessarily at making them, but at battling in the general metagame. I took a long break from Showdown and Pokemon in general, but come back with a good-looking LC team that seems to work well.

Shrek (Mienfoo) @ Eviolite
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 236 HP / 236 Atk / 36 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Drain Punch
- Detect
- High Jump Kick

When I made this team I tried to roll with an Aipom as a skill link destruction Pokemon as well as a fast physical sweeper. As I went into more battles, I saw more and more Mienfoos that fit the role a lot better than Aipom, so I substituted my Aipom and split it in two, as you will see the other half later.

Shrek2 (Slakoth) @ Leftovers
Ability: Truant
EVs: 116 HP / 196 Atk / 196 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Body Slam
- Toxic
- Yawn

If I'm going to be honest here, I will say that Slakoth is more of a filler/death fodder Pokemon that I more often than not find myself sacking to get off another Fake Out with Mienfoo. I would love a request for something that would help my team more than this.

John Wall (Ferroseed) @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 92 HP / 188 Def / 228 Sp. Def.
Impish Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

Every team needs a Pokemon to set up Spikes/T Spikes/Rocks, right? Ferroseed is a really common Pokemon in LC to set up with and I see a lot of Ferrothorn in other metagames. Mainstream is mainstream, and mainstream can be really good sometimes.

meeee (Fletchling) @ None
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 132 HP / 196 Atk / 180 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Flame Charge
- U-Turn
- Swords Dance

Alright, I know that half of my team now has an Adamant Nature but this one is probably the best with it. I can make a strong argument that Gale Wings needs to be banned, but as long as I'm using this thing I won't complain at all. Stronk.

Shrek3 (Mincinno) @ Muscle Band
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 76 HP / 196 Atk / 236 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Double Slap
- Knock Off
- Tickle
- Thunder Wave

As the other half of Aipom, this being the Skill Link half, I felt like it needed to have at least one stat move to help it since it isn't the more physical half. Tickle can make this thing a real threat if you get enough Parahax. If you get set up, it can get real crazy.

rubbish (Trubbish) @ Eviolite
Ability: Stench
EVs: 196 HP / 196 Sp. Atk. / 116 Spd
Modest Nature
- Clear Smog
- Toxic
- Toxic Spikes
- Venoshock

I don't know if a special Trubbish is a common thing. I don't even know if a Trubbish is a common thing. But I know that this thing works really well and can serve as a great backup against a lot of Pokemon. Trubbish can put in some real work with the defense raise and can easily set up T Spikes early.

I find my team to be really well built and can wreck house within minutes in a battle. But here, take a look at a few intense battles.

Replays:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lc-222707071

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lc-222710015

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lc-222712504

Replays w/ improved team:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lc-222842126

Last edited:
Reactions: AM

Fiend

someguy
is a Social Media Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi there, that's certainly an interesting team you have there.

I'm starting off with Slakoff, due to it being one of the pokemon in LC which I can say you legitimately never have a serious reason to run. I'm suggesting making this a Fletchling check, due to the only thing that enjoys taking a +2 Acrobatics fails to hurt Fletchling back. Itemless Archen is a pokemon you will probably enjoy, as it tears through quite a massive number of pokemon while having utility in switching into key threats.

Archen
Ability: Defeatist
Level: 5
EVs: 76 HP / 20 Atk / 156 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Your current Mienfoo lacks quite a number of things it needs to be successful higher up on the ladder, so I'm going to suggest Taunt Mienfoo for you. Taunt Foo helps your team with hazards and status while maintaining its bulk. Knock Off aids in wearing down other teams and allows Mienfoo to hit Ghosts. U-turn grenades momentum for your team and allows you to bring in checks to Mienfoo's counters without the need for as many predictions.

Shrek (Mienfoo) @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 196 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- High Jump Kick
- Taunt
- U-turn

Minccino is another pokemon who has very few practical uses and thus probably is not what you should be using. Ponyta on the other hand is a great choice. With Ponyta over Minccino, your team now has a provider of status support, a better check to more pokemon, better coverage for Steel types, and still maintains a strong attacker. Sunny Beam Ponyta looks like the best choice for your team due to its ability to lure Chinchou and general utility in hitting hard.

Ponyta @ Eviolite
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 236 Def / 76 SpA / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
- Morning Sun
- Sunny Day
- Solar Beam
- Fire Blast

Fletchling and Ferroseed have some odd choices in their moveslots as well. Fletching should be either Overheat or Tailwind over Flame Charge, with Tailwind looking like the superior option as it allows you to sweep with a different pokemon. Ferroseed should have Thunder Wave over Protect as Protect is near useless on it. Additionally the EVs: 164 HP / 108 Def / 228 SpD with an Impish Nature give Ferroseed more bulk, despite the Defence stat dropping by one point.

meeee (Fletchling)
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 196 Atk / 92 Def / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Tailwind
- U-Turn
- Swords Dance

John Wall (Ferroseed) @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 164 HP / 108 Def / 228 SpD
Impish Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave

Last edited:

Goddess Briyella

Banned deucer.
Hi there, TheAmazingFacedesk!

In addition to Fiend Hound's changes, I'd like to recommend one as well, one that will give you a better user of Toxic Spikes that has more resistances and is also able to remove hazards from your side of the playing field. :)

->

Tentacool @ Berry Juice
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 196 HP / 76 Def / 196 SpD / 36 Spe
Calm Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Sludge Bomb
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes

I recommend swapping out Trubbish for Tentacool. For reference, special Trubbish should never be used, and if you do use it, try out a spread of 116 HP / 36 Atk / 100 Def / 20 SpD / 236 Spe with Jolly nature and a moveset of Gunk Shot, Drain Punch, Spikes, and Recycle, assuming you don't already have a Spikes layer, of course. Tentacool has a massive special bulk, a whopping 8 resistances, and the ability to Rapid Spin for hazard control while also setting Toxic Spikes.

Here is the list of XY sprites if you'd like to use them for projects such as this: http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/xyani/

This concludes my rate! I wish you continued luck and success with your team! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)