Shotgun Blues

This is the last team I probably will ever make. Did well on the ladder before the reset, after that I started getting tired of battling in general. So yea, one last team posted before I leave.

Here is a video of it on YouTube. :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBUvPKIHXhc

---

Gengar (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Hypnosis
- Taunt
---
My lead. Prevents set up, puts them to sleep, blah blah blah. You guys know what an offensive lead does. Taunt really works amazingly well on Gengar. Sleep Talkers that switch into Hypnosis are immobilized, Bronzong is stuck in its tracks, Blissey can't T-Wave me... It's just great. Focus Sash is great too.

Yea, I like this lead a lot and you all should use it.
---

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers / Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 68 HP/252 Atk/188 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Waterfall
---
Standard DD Gyarados. Second ground immunity, which is really nice for switching things in. I've been using Leftovers and not Life Orb, because it helps me sweep longer, but the 2HKO on some Cresselia would be nice. Ice Fang / EQ give me really nice coverage, and Waterfall is just there for STAB. Gyara is just a beast in general so don't fuck with him unless you want your head bit the fuck off.
---

Magnezone @ Leftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 172 HP/188 Spd/148 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt
- Magnet Rise
- Substitute
---
Perfect for this team. Gets rid of Bronzong, Skarmory, Forretress, and CBGross that is stuck Pursuiting or Bullet Punching. Seriously it's a beast. After the opponent loses his steel(s), Mamoswine and Deoxys can run a train on my opponent's team. IMO a steel is a must on any team, and this Magnezone can take hits nicely as well, so it helps me get stuff in.
---

Mamoswine (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Snow Cloak
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/4 SAtk
Naughty nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Earthquake
- Blizzard
- Ice Shard
- Stone Edge
---
Honestly this thing is so god damn good. Predicting switch-ins with Blizzard really fucks shit up, and it OHKOs Gliscor with ease, along with 2HKO'ing Weezing. Ice Shard is amazing; priority moves are honestly the most important thing this generation. Mamoswine rapes.
---

Deoxys-e @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 Atk/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Ice Beam
- Superpower
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
---
Late game clean up. Theres a lot of times where I wish I had Psychic > Shadow Ball, but honestly the coverage is just too good. I know if I had Psychic, I'd be singin' the same ol' tune. I run max speed because I don't like to take any chances. Yea...
---

Lucario (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Crunch
- Extremespeed
- Swords Dance
---
Another late game sweeper, but this one can actually do stuff mid-game. Usually I'll just bring it out and Crunch or Close Combat to hit something hard. Or I'll use it as bait to bring out their Gliscor, allowing me to set up with Gyarados. Until late game, his main purpose is to cause switches to allow me to get in a good position. But come late game... This guy will fucking kill you.
---

Thanks for reading!

It's been fun Smogon. It's been fun.

If standard bores you then play doubles! Seriously, it's way better and we can use some double battlers.

Yeah, this team looks pretty good--I've often used a Focus Sash Gengar lead myself, but I usually ran Destiny Bond to kill off the next pokemon after I've expended my sash with the lead, which works about 60% of the time for me, but I guess that's not what you're looking for. I'm surprised your fire and fighting weaks haven't gotten you in more trouble.

One thing, though, how do you take on Agility/Meteor Mash/Earthquake/Thunderpunch Metagross should it Agility when you switch in Magnezone or you fail to incapacitate it with Gengar? Seems like it would give Magnezone, Lucario, Gyarados, and maybe Mamoswine the business after Agility.

I'd probably just have to switch around, since most AgiliGross carry Life Orb. If it has Leftovers I have to make a sacrifice and then sleep it with Gengar. But when you think about it, if it switches in on Lucario it eats a Close Combat to the face. Mamoswine EQs it. Magnezone can get a Magnet Rise up before it Agilitys on me, and Gyarados can EQ it and make it have to kill it. Seriously, it can only set up on Deoxys who won't even be out until very late game. If it is his last Pokémon, then I could be screwed but even then a LO Shadow Ball hurts it for more than 35%, and it'd need Jolly to outspeed Deoxys. So... if it somehow does get up an Agility, then I am in trouble, but when will it?

Hm...I was really thinking if you fucked up your prediction or something and you sent Magnezone in on it for some reason thinking its banded, although quite honestly you probably wouldn't make that mistake.

Hm...I was really thinking if you fucked up your prediction or something and you sent Magnezone in on it for some reason thinking its banded, although quite honestly you probably wouldn't make that mistake.
Yea, but usually the only reason I have to switch Magnezone in is if I have brought Deoxys out too early, in which case it's my fault and not the teams. Plus, usually Magnezone is brought in to revenge kill / set up on Metagross after someone dies.

Blizzard is really unreliable without Hail, so I suggest using a CB Mamo. You already have a powerful sweeper in Gyarados, so why not use Mamo to do what it does best? Magnezone covers Skarmory anyways, and Weezing isn't likely to lose as Blizzard will probably miss once, allowing it to either cripple you with Will-o-Wisp, Fire Blast, or Pain Split off the damage, abusing your own high HP.

Wow, this is actually one of the few teams with an Agiligross weak. It uses Deoxys-S, Lucario, Gyarados and Gengar(if Sleep Clause is activated) as set up fodder. Mamoswine is slower and OHKOed by Meteor Mash. It can switchin after you have killed something to set up an Agility on any one of these. I suggest getting yourself a physical wall, or atleast a bulky water. Swampert or Suicune come to mind...

CBMamo allows free switch-ins, which is not welcome on an offensive team. Also, if Metagross switches into Gyarados with +1 Attack, EQ will do serious damage. If it comes into Lucario with +2 Attack, it will die. Gengar does over 45% with Shadow Ball I think, and Deoxys can do about 40% with Thunderbolt. Plus, most AgiliGross these days run 208 Speed at the bare minimum, with all the ScarfChomps running around.

Theorymon all you want, but if we are going to say that "you're in trouble if ____ sets up", then I'll just flip it back and say "they'll lose before they can set up ____ becuase i already set up ______." I acknowledge that if I let it get an Agility under its belt, it can cause trouble. If thats what you want me to say, I said it. But I've played against about four AgiliGross, and only one was dangerous and it was because I played poorly.

Anyways, I'm done posting. This team is more for you guys to play around with. Hopefully it'll be fun for those that try it out. Bye Stark Mountain!

I do believe that using a move with 70% accuracy allows some free switches too...

Anyways, I have no idea what your arguing. I said that Agiligross gets a free set up on 4 of your pokes(Gengar, Deoxys-S, Lucario, and Gyarados), I did not say you would be already set up. For example, you have Lucario out and he has a free SD, well what if they switch in Gliscor? Now you must switch out to something that can handle this defensive threat, and your best bets are Gyarados and Mamoswine. Gliscor can effectively use Knock Off to ruin any plans of dealing a lot of damage for them both, or set up Stealth Rock, preventing Gengar from doing its job, or Gyarados from getting free switchins without damage. Now they send in their Bronzongs for your Mamoswine or their Vaporeons for your Gyarados. Now what? You must switch out again, repeating this process will wear down an offensive team without Wish/Spin support. All they need to do is wait for you to send in Deoxys-S, and this is the time where they can send in their Metagross. With Metagross out their, Deoxys-S will surely die, as doing around 40% with Thunderbolt isn't going to save you, since after 2 Agilities, it outspeeds Deoxys, your only "hope". From this point on, you are a sitting duck.

Maybe you should consider something with a Scarf, as for an offensive team, this team is very fragile and actually quite slow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)