Shiny Rarity

Difficult+

ADV, I had NO luck within over 400 hours.
DP, I got my first shiny in a very short time. Wooper. I saw the nature and just got happy, it was Relaxed. And anyone who knows Quagsire knows Relaxed is the single best nature. Then I saw it had Damp ability and all iv's within 15-19. I'm still using it though =/

The only shiny I got was a shiny Ghastly from Leaf Green
It was modest and had HP fire
And I love using it
Except the IVs are mediocre

I seriously hate those lucky (BAN ME PLEASE) who soft reset to get a shiny starter. geting a starter in DP takes a lot longer than in previous gens due to the story it follows...
and somehow some people still have the time to soft reset for a shiny starter and manage to get them
If you were referring to my friend getting a shiny starter; i'm sure he didn't soft-reset. He hardly knows anything about the DS, and i'm sure he didn't know what a shiny was.

Guess I should note my shiney Articuno (Soft resetting for good IV's, and it was shiney) and shiney Jirachi (Tho I'm not 100% certain its legit, got it in a trade). Self caught ones include Swinub, Zubat, Ralts and Miltank, last one using Radar trick.

Not true. Once you reach 40 encounters in a row (which isn't that hard with practice) the rate jumps exponentially. I myself found 17 shiny Pineco after reaching 39 from encounters 39-57. You just have to have patience and reset the Radar until a shiny spot appears. But once you reach 40, this only takes a matter of minutes.
I totally agree. But all in all, it's about luck. I've chained total of 80 Ponytas, none of them were shiny sadly. And then this other time, when I was chaining for Roselias, I was at 3, and the patch wasn't even glowing or anything, I stepped in to it and what do you know, a sexy shiny Roselia popped out.

It was Timid, 29 IV in SpAtk and decent everywhere else. Woot.

I've racked up just over 996 hours on my Pearl, and currently the only shiny I've seen was a Bonsly, which I (quite accidentally) ran away from. I've never cared much for shinies, frankly.

I've got a shiny Pichu and Makuhita on my emerald cart that I've yet to migrate, and if/when I do, I'll no doubt trade them off for something more useful to me, such as TM's, etc. I've done the same with other shinies that friends and other people have given to me.

In my Pearl i have found 3 shinies without chaining. my first i found the day after Pearl came out in the US and that was Steelix while i was at Iron Island.

My only shiny is Gyarados in Ruby, caught the shiny magikarp while fishing for Feebas. It was uber luck. I found feebas, and kept fishing, thinking, "I'll never be able to find this spot again, might as well catch a few of these" and a shiny magikarp popped up. I was really lucky. However, it had a sassy nature, and a 6 speed IV, so it's not too great.

On a side note, my brother, after complaining that he never found a shiny, popped a shiny porygon from an egg, that same day. TIMID. I was like, wtf? Its IV's aren't that great though; 17 speed. 31 Spdef, though.

In GSC, I got a shiny Geodude from the trap tiles in the rocket hideout in Mahogony Town, and later a shiny Tentacool on my way to Cianwood.

In FRLG... I got another Tentacool.

In DP, within my first 100 hours, I got a Porygon and Golbat. After I learned the Radar trick, I've gotten a Meditite (Hardy lol), Electrike, and Dunsparce (Calm with Run Away lol).

Hmm. In 3rd gen, I only saw 2 shinies. The first one was a golbat that I failed to catch (don't ask how or why, I just couldn't), and second one was a shiny male snorunt that I traded to eventually get a shiny Lugia.

As for 4th gen, I only managed to get one of my own, which was a tangela hatched from an egg with the wrong nature. I traded that to eventually get a shiny Mewtwo.

Huzzah.

I have 306 hours in Diamond and have not seen a single one. Nor in my 130 hours put into Leaf Green did I see one.

;_;

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've played about 800 hours on Sapphire and caught 1 Shiny.
About 300 hours on Emerald, hatched 1 Shiny.
Played over 200 hours on Fire Red, caught 1 Shiny.

It's normal to not find them.. :(

I have lots of shinies, but unfortunatly, none of them were caught by me...

I have nearly 400 hours on my Pearl, and hatched countless eggs, but no shinies there. I found two shinies in Sapphire within a hundred hours of gameplay, but I foolishly reset that file without trading them over to another game first. And of course, there was my Dunsparce in Silver, but the damn game's internal battery died. =/

heck, it still sucks if you get a shiny but the Iv's still suck- I mean, I hatched a shiny Larvitar a couple of weeks ago and I did have triple 30-31's but it was modest, and had a sp.atk between 0-9. so WHAT can I do with that?

still, I've had the misfortune of finding a shiny chansey in LG, getting it to 3 shakes in the ball, and it ran after breaking out

but I did get a shiny bellsprout in my silver once

my friend miles has played 50 hours on fire red and found 2, venonat and spearow.

unfortunately he had no pokeballs for spearow...

One time while I was playing GSC, I managed to get a shiny Tauros, a shiny Pidgey, and a shiny Sneasel. All under 300 hours. And then my game deleted itself... And the cartridge refuses to work. I think God was laughing at me the whole time.

I haven't found one shiny in DP yet. Back in ADV, I ran into a shiny spinda while crossing the ash place. It was Sassy and had horrible IV's though.

Of course, I also found that red gyarados in my Silver version, but who hasn't?

In GSC I had a shiny Geodude. Of course, I didn't know what that meant, all I knew was that it glittered when I sent it out. I was like, "sparkly geodude yay"

Oh and I got a SUPER ULTRA RARE shiny gyardos in GSC.

I've caught shiny Poochyena on emerald, and shiny rayquaza is less than 200 SRs on my new emerald....And Shiny Torkoal by PokeRadar in my Diamond.

Well while I have never seen a Wild Shiny in any of my Games, my brother has caught a Shiny Ponyta in his LG and Numel in Sapphire, while my cousin found a Shiny Spheal. I have unlimited Shiny Zigzags though, so I'm happy :P

I have a shiny Floatzel, Glameow, and Shellos in Pearl and a shiny kakuna and Poliwhirl in silver. I also have a shiny suicune in Crystal.

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
Unfortunately, my shinies are of sucky Pokemon, namely a Linoone, a Shuppet, and a Butterfree (which is Modest). I also encountered a shiny Magnemite, which I accidentally killed, and a shiny Tentacool, which I accidentally deleted. For the record, the chance of finding a shiny Pokemon is 1/8192 without the Pokeradar (I got all my shinies without it).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)