Shiny Dogs outside of Japan

Remember that while you can only get one Zoroark, you can also get a Zorua by transferring Celebi (Feb. 27 to March 7, so Americans getting the game the day it comes out simultaneously get a Celebi).

If you're going to be importing Raikou into BW, then wouldn't HP Ice be a better choice over HP Grass for 5th gen battling (in terms of the versatility)?
Or in other words... wouldn't you hit more threats with HP Ice?

I ask because I'm SR'ing for desirable HP right now. I've gotten HP Grass several times, but I've yet to get HP Ice. Too lazy to RNG.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Remember that while you can only get one Zoroark, you can also get a Zorua by transferring Celebi (Feb. 27 to March 7, so Americans getting the game the day it comes out simultaneously get a Celebi).
Not to mention Zorua/Zoroark are breedable. So really you only need just one to begin with.

If you're going to be importing Raikou into BW, then wouldn't HP Ice be a better choice over HP Grass for 5th gen battling (in terms of the versatility)?
Or in other words... wouldn't you hit more threats with HP Ice?

I ask because I'm SR'ing for desirable HP right now. I've gotten HP Grass several times, but I've yet to get HP Ice. Too lazy to RNG.
But... RNGing for the HP you want is much easier than SRing for it. If you're trying to save time you're doing it wrong haha.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

European Wi-Fi Event - Legendary Beasts

Just for the people who didn't realise yet, in the UK and Europe this will be a Wi-Fi event, rather than having to go to a store to get the direct download. It's starting on the 7th February. While this is more convenient for the majority of us, it does pose a few questions and potential problems. How will this event work? I have a few ideas:

A) Each Beast is given out over Wi-Fi for a period of one week - Starting 7th Feb, ending 28th Feb (ala USA event translated to Wi-Fi).
B) There will only be one event lasting 2-4 weeks starting 7th Feb, you'd have to choose only one Beast per save file (ala Mystery Egg event in Japan).
C) Each Beast will be available simultaneously for the course of the event; 2-4 weeks starting 7th Feb (ala Pokémon Ranger Events).

Or, it could be something entirely new that isn't as logical or hasn't been used already.

Remember, with previous European Wi-Fi Events, people in the USA and Australia have also been able to access them. So, it's likely that if you missed your GameStop Event, you can obtain them over Wi-Fi next month. However, there's a possibility that if you have the GameStop Wondercard, you won't be able to download this one. I did hear of this happening with the Pikachu Coloured Pichu (which was a GameStop Event in America, but a Wi-Fi in Europe that Americans could still access). However, some people reported being able to download the Wi-Fi version even though they had the GameStop one. It'll need testing by someone who went to GameStop.

The UK (and I'd assume most of Europe) will be getting the "Black & White Mall Tour" as well, as the same press release that announced the shiny beasts event also stated that Europe would be getting Celebi soon (I already know for this to be in March through a different source). I'd expect our tour in the UK at least to be toned down a bit - no scavenger hunt, probably no Pokémon Center mini store etc. But relatively similar.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sorry to double post, but the event is working like this as announced by the British HeartGold/SoulSilver website:

Raikou - 7th February - 13th February
Entei - 14th February - 20th February
Suicune - 21st February - 27th February

Each save file can obtain all three Pokémon.

You can also download them with any fourth generation game (Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, SoulSilver).

Excited to get my Entei after work today! Should take no time at all to RNG, especially after spending two days trying to get that damned Modest Jirachi to clear out space for the new Wondercard. I still need to sift through the piles of Mews, Jirachis and Deoxys on my other carts though to make room for Celebi. I guess I still have a month to work out that mess.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
I got mine just fine, even with a Raikou wondercard still on my games. Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, SoulSilver.

It's possible your specific Gamestop is just slacking. Try again in a couple days.

I was unable to get the Entei from my Gamestop today. Anyone else have problems?
Sure you used "Get via Wireless" and not "Get via Nintendo WFC"? I made that mistake at first when trying to get Raikou.

Now just to wait till the end of the month to get that worthless Suicune, if only to complete the collection. Then time for Celebi, and then BW :)

Yeah it was most likely the Gamestop even though the employee said "it's probably down for all Gamestops." I was too lazy to check the other Gamestop so I'll probably go later this week to check again.

Yeah it was most likely the Gamestop even though the employee said "it's probably down for all Gamestops." I was too lazy to check the other Gamestop so I'll probably go later this week to check again.
Take no heed to what Gamestop employees say. The majority of them are morons.

I just got my 2 Entei and 3 for my friend today. I live in Canada and it was freezing outside... I could barely feel my face walking there... the wind didn't help either. But whatever - I needed the Enteis. xD

I'd like to see a smogon dex entry on entei with this stuff included. I bet he qualifies for OU w/ flare blitz and extreme speed.

I just got my Entei yesterday. It's amazing. I hope they put these updates on Pokemon Lab. A set with Flare Blitz, Extreme Speed, Stone Edge and Iron Head would be pretty beastly. He's almost a better Arcanine now.

I'm still debating whether to give me extra one to my brother or not...

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
Smogon no longer uses Pokelab but instead uses Pokemon Online, which does support the shiny dogs.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
I'll pick up a Suicune today just for the hell of it. But I can't think of any reason to actually use it competitively.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)