SM OU Shake n' Bake (Mienshao + M-Gardevoir Balance)(1300 Elo, looking for help)

Introduction: This is a balance style team centered around Scarf Mienshao and Mega Gardevoir. Mienshao is an interesting choice for a Scarfer, as it gets HJK and U-turn along with Regenerator. This lets it shrug off hazard damage and sand/hail. Mega Gardevoir is a good wallbreaker with access to Taunt and Calm Mind. Hyper Voice + Psyshock is a good combination of STAB that lets it hit many Pokemon. Ferrothorn and Seismitoad form the defensive core, with Seismitoad checking the Fire-types that plague Ferrothorn, and Ferrothorn resisting Grass-types for Seismitoad. They also form a hazard stack core with Spikes and Stealth Rock. Tornadus is the Defogger on the team and has good defensive synergy with both Ferrothorn and Seismitoad. Kyurem-B is another wallbreaker that can function as a tank. BoltBeam coverage is really useful for this team. Overall, the team has many good matchups, especially against stall. It does struggle with a couple mons, especially Hawlucha, which is why I decided to make this RMT in order to get some advice. This is my first RMT so I'd really appreciate any help!

Minnie (Mienshao) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Regenerator
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- High Jump Kick
- Stone Edge
- Poison Jab

A good late-game sweeper and the speed control for the team. It has good coverage that can break a lot of teams, and Regenerator is a strong ability with U-turn. Mienshao can also stop Volcarona in a pinch as it outspeeds +1 Volc and OHKOs back with Stone Edge. HJK is a pretty spammable move due to the low amount of Ghost-types in the tier. Poison Jab hits Fairy and Grass Pokemon.

Banal Eads (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Spikes
- Toxic
- Leech Seed

The special wall of the team. It sponges up a lot of attacks and serves as a check to many of the tier's top threats. Toxic is really useful because it allows Ferrothorn to outlast many defoggers so that it can keep up those Spikes. Gyro Ball is chosen over Power Whip for the ability to OHKO Mega Alakazam and do significant damage to Tornadus, and also because Seismitoad gives the team a good rain matchup.

Pidgey (Tornadus-Therian) (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 68 Def / 252 SpA / 188 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Defog
- Knock Off
- Hurricane

A very reliable Defogger, Tornadus also serves as a check to threats like Kartana. The Speed EVs outspeed non-scarf Serperior, and the rest are put onto defense and SpAtk for both bulk and offense. Knock Off is useful for getting rid of Leftovers on defensive mons like Toxapex or Celesteela. It's spammable on the switch. U-turn provides momentum and it forms a good core with Mienshao.

Waifu (Gardevoir) (F) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Taunt
- Calm Mind

A strong stallbreaker with Taunt + Calm Mind, Mega Gardevoir can decimate unprepared teams. After a couple boosts, Hyper Voice rips through almost everything not named Heatran. Gardevoir is also in a good Speed tier that allows it to outspeed many defensive Pokemon. Psyshock destroys Chansey and other special walls that think they can come in on Gardevoir.

DragonLoli (Kyurem-Black) @ Icium Z
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Freeze Shock
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Substitute

The strongest wallbreaker on the team, it also has good natural bulk that allows it to survive many clutch hits. Z-Freeze Shock is a giant nuke that just destroys everything. Kyurem-B along with M-Gardevoir gives this team a strong stall matchup.

Huggy (Seismitoad) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Toxic

The glue of this team and the Stealth Rocker. Seismitoad functions as a physical check to many of the tier's strong attackers. Water Absorb is so handy against rain teams that plague the ladder. Overall, it's an incredibly solid mon and it functions incredibly well with Ferrothorn and Tornadus.

Conclusion: This team is really fun to play and has some interesting synergies. It's the first team I've really built, and I would love any help or constructive criticism as I'm just looking to get better at competitive Pokemon. Thank you for your time!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)