Serious Computer Problems, help? (and nothing to do with the 4/1 Virus)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, I am starting to think that the gods hate me or something. I'm honestly at the end of the road here with almost no where to turn.

First I had a cold earlier this week.
Then the whole virus scare thing started.
Now my laptop is now half-dead.
Oh, and I have 5 assignments due next week.

Can some of you who are good at computers let me see if I got my situation right, so I would at least know what to do next.

My laptop is a IBM ThinkPad T60 Lenovo, bought almost 6 months ago.

I had an external hard drive, it is really heavy. I was taking the hard drive over to my desktop, since I want to backup my stuff (ironically, due to the virus scare.) I tripped on a wire or something and the hard drive landed on the opened laptop on the keyboard. The external hard drive was fine, but the laptop isn't.

It would turn on. But it takes reeeaaally long, and it can't even let me use Microsoft Word, there is no sound coming from the hard drive. But nothing happens and it hangs in limbo, soon after, Windows crashes and gives me the blue screen. It is almost useless.

When it does have a sound coming from the hard drive, it gives really odd clicks that I didn't heard before.

Also, when it is performing checks on the laptop's condition in the Thinkvantage (Internal, not Windows), half way through the screen goes crazy and I have to use Esc to get out.

I think the hard drive is dying, am I right, and what can I do to recover the data.

======

My Desktop has a much more simple problem, but it's been happening for a while now, so I might as ask while I am at it.

My Desktop is always on, but I don't have that protection from power outages thing so it was really bad. After a few outages, the computer occasionally turns off by itself when it is on for a period of time. The light will still say I have the computer on (O_o), but if I turn off the switch at the back, put it back on again. I can turn it on again no problem, but it will happen again, after a certain period of time.

So what is the problem here?

Right now, I can't work on EITHER on my computers since one is dead and the other one can suddenly go out cold on me.

TAY

You and I Know
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I know your problem sucks but this is not a tech support forum. If any user knows what is wrong they can PM you (which is why I am not deleting this thread).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)