Screens... Screens... and more screens...

YO! Smogon! I have been using this team for a week now, and I have to say it works very well, but there is no perfect team, so why not get some help?
This team started with the idea of two sweepers. Haxorus and Volcarona
I obviously needed a screener, because once these guy's set up, it can be deadly. I needed a spinner as well, because I had Volcarona, I chose starmie, now I needed a defensive core, once I dented the opponents team, which was Ferrocent. I then found a glaring electric weakness. I felt entry hazard support was needed a little more. I then replaced starmie with a T-spikes tentacruel. I also replaced jellicent with a mienshao, and if you have ever faced a mienshao, you know that they have fake out, which is perfect for late-game sweeping.
A quick glance​

Laker (Uxie) @ Light Clay
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Thunder Wave
- U-turn
This guy works well. He can take supereffective hits, t-wave, and continue to set up screens, I like to u-turn out to save him for later. EV spread gives 354 hp, which is a lot, but with close to 400 defenses OMG, it is. Light clay for max screenage. :D

Rampage (Haxorus) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Taunt
Numero Uno of sweeping core. I use taunt now so I can stop all status, and other setuperrs. Leftovers over lum because I don't get statuses. DD makes me amazingly high. Dragon dance and EQ give great coverage.! :) Standard sweeper evs

Rownah (Volcarona) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Swarm
EVs: 188 HP / 68 Def / 252 SAtk
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Bug BuzzThis is the star of the show. My favorite pokemon, works well. EVERYONE, I mean EVERYONE likes to status this guy, and sub works in conjunction with swarm, I sub on the status move, set up, than once I'm in swarm range I do MASSIVE damage. Fiery damage to get that attack raise 70% i think, bug buzz is the best bug STAB in town. Running a bulkier ev spread, my 270 sp. defense sky rockets after a quiver. I have 183 defense, which isn't the best, but works.

Squidward (Tentacruel) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Surf
- Ice Beam
I love this guy, amazing 364 hp and 372 sp. d to work with is great in combination with ferro. Toxic spikes is great, helps me net OHKOs. I cannot thank this guy enough, rapid spin helps out rona, and surf is a reliable STAB move, and ice beam hits dem pesky dragons. ^_^

Resistance (Ferrothorn) (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Def / 228 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Power Whip
- Protect
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
Ferro, he's annoying, and useful, I run rocky helmet because with that and iron barbs it can deal damage and ease the work of Haxorus, or Volcarona.
Power Whip is my attacking move of choice, I never liked gyro ball.
Protect to stall leech seed, leech seed to stall protect, and rocks to break all sashes. EV spread with only 28 EVs in defense, gets me to 335, 325 sp. defense, and 352 hit points, is solid! Impish to get the most out of iron barb.

Janitor (Mienshao) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Fake Out
- Hi Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
This guy cleans up the mess. Literally,fake out to make sure HJK kills stuff, than u-turn and HP ice for coverage. Works nicely, EV spread for max sweepage. :) He works great.

You may want to add pictures and some minor effects. It makes it look better, and may draw in potential rates.

Uxie:
Max out its HP first, THEN go to Def and Sp. Def.

Also, I've had better experience with Deoxy-S as a Screen lead than Uxie. Here's what I've used:

Deoxys-S @ Light Clay
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 156 Sp. Def
Bold Nature (+Def , -Atk)
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Counter
- Mirror Coat

Deoxys-S has 396 Speed, 304 HP, 265 Def, and 255 Sp. Def. That isn't more than Uxie, but it out-speeds and and is able to take a hit enough to set up the other screen. Any remaining hits can be used to Counter / Magic Coat the opponent.

Haxorus:
Pretty good. Change Dragon Claw to Outrage, though. Does 150% more damage than Dragon Claw (which is the equivalent of a Dragon Claw and a half). May want to change Lum to Life Orb though. Extra 30% Damage is a real help sometimes.

Volcarona:
With Quiver Dance, Fiery Dance isn't needed. Change it for Flamethrower or Fire Blast.

Starmie:
I have no idea with this one. Never used a Starmie.

Ferrothorn:
I always liked a more Offensive Ferrothorn. I used this on my Sandstorm team. Got a kill or two every game, just because people dont expect offensive Ferro

Ferrothorn (M) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 156 HP / 176 Def / 176 SDef
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Gyro Ball
- Ingrain
- Curse
- Power Whip

Jellicent:
Never used Jellicent. I have no say for it.

You may want to add pictures and some minor effects. It makes it look better, and may draw in potential rates.

Uxie:
Max out its HP first, THEN go to Def and Sp. Def.

Also, I've had better experience with Deoxy-S as a Screen lead than Uxie. Here's what I've used:

Deoxys-S @ Light Clay
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 156 Sp. Def
Bold Nature (+Def , -Atk)
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Counter
- Mirror Coat

Deoxys-S has 396 Speed, 304 HP, 265 Def, and 255 Sp. Def. That isn't more than Uxie, but it out-speeds and and is able to take a hit enough to set up the other screen. Any remaining hits can be used to Counter / Magic Coat the opponent.

Haxorus:
Pretty good. Change Dragon Claw to Outrage, though. Does 150% more damage than Dragon Claw (which is the equivalent of a Dragon Claw and a half). May want to change Lum to Life Orb though. Extra 30% Damage is a real help sometimes.

Volcarona:
With Quiver Dance, Fiery Dance isn't needed. Change it for Flamethrower or Fire Blast.

Starmie:
I have no idea with this one. Never used a Starmie.

Ferrothorn:
I always liked a more Offensive Ferrothorn. I used this on my Sandstorm team. Got a kill or two every game, just because people dont expect offensive Ferro

Ferrothorn (M) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 156 HP / 176 Def / 176 SDef
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Gyro Ball
- Ingrain
- Curse
- Power Whip

Jellicent:
Never used Jellicent. I have no say for it.
I prefer a bulky screener though, umm do you have a better Uxie set?
I'll try to add picture... I'll test outrage, although once I have 2 DDs up it really doesn't matter. I am keeping lum though.
Do you know another good rapid spinner? HOW COULD YOU NEVER USE A STARMIE? ;(
I don't want more than 2 setup sweepers, sorry I should've said that. How come you used ferro but not jellicent? D:

As a bulkier rapid spinner, Blastoise and Tentacruel are available option-wise but I don't know if the different typing would cause you to play differently or something. Tentacruel gets a special mention for being able to lay Toxic Spikes as well, weakening Blisseys and Chanseys in order to let Volcarona have an easier time. Eventually the damage from Toxic Spikes and Spikes will be so much that they cannot stand a +1 Fire Blast or Bug Buzz.

As a bulkier rapid spinner, Blastoise and Tentacruel are available option-wise but I don't know if the different typing would cause you to play differently or something. Tentacruel gets a special mention for being able to lay Toxic Spikes as well, weakening Blisseys and Chanseys in order to let Volcarona have an easier time. Eventually the damage from Toxic Spikes and Spikes will be so much that they cannot stand a +1 Fire Blast or Bug Buzz.
I might try out tentacruel, thanks.

Like aboithagameboi said, max out HP on Uxie first.
You're going to be putting screens up anyway, and Uxie is already very bulky. Giving it the HP takes full advantage of the screens. Here's the outline of Uxie that I would recommend.
Uxie @ light clay
Bold nature
252HP/156spe/100def
Most leads are physical attackers, so the defense should help and the speed will help get the right screen up before the attack is inflicted on you.

For Jellicent, taunt over toxic, but I feel like you should take him out overall. Tentacruel can rapid spin and set up t spikes.

For Haxorus, taunt over brick break. I found that many people would try to phaze me or set up on me or status me when I try to set up my haxorus and taunt became a huge help by making those not a problem.

Lord Wallace

Hentai Connoiseur
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Tentacruel may work wonders for you but if you primarily want him for T spikes I'd give Roserade a shot too. Run a Bulkier set for Rona if you want to set up. At least give him Max HP,even with no speed investment A couple of Quiver dances make him very fast. Why don't you try a ChestoRest set? It's worked quite well for me.

Tentacruel may work wonders for you but if you primarily want him for T spikes I'd give Roserade a shot too. Run a Bulkier set for Rona if you want to set up. At least give him Max HP,even with no speed investment A couple of Quiver dances make him very fast. Why don't you try a ChestoRest set? It's worked quite well for me.
I am testing tenta right now on PO, he works great.
I'll update changes soon.

I prefer a bulky screener though, umm do you have a better Uxie set?
I never used Uxie. Deoxys-S was the only screener I use.

Griff said:
Do you know another good rapid spinner? HOW COULD YOU NEVER USE A STARMIE? ;(
Never needed him. Ferro and Quagsire were the only ones I ever needed on the Sandstorm team.

Griff said:
I don't want more than 2 setup sweepers, sorry I should've said that. How come you used ferro but not jellicent? D:
See Starmie

I never used Uxie. Deoxys-S was the only screener I use.

Never needed him. Ferro and Quagsire were the only ones I ever needed on the Sandstorm team.

See Starmie
Check the updates. :) Tenta works well, I changed volcarona to a bulkier set.
*READY FOR RATES*

Lord Wallace

Hentai Connoiseur
At first I thought the team had no major flaws until I noticed
your Haxorus was Adamant. A jolly one on the opponents side with Brick Break has a F*cking field day with this team. It cam easily set up on Uxie and even if
you get screens up he can break them and sweep your team. Even if you switch into your own Haxorus it will outspeed and KO it. Sure,Twave hinders it's speed but after a couple DDs that won't matter. I suggest changing your Haxorus
to Jolly (now you outspeed Modest Hydreigon too) and put Memento over Twave on Uxie to keep Brick Breakers from setting up on you.

At first I thought the team had no major flaws until I noticed
your Haxorus was Adamant. A jolly one on the opponents side with Brick Break has a F*cking field day with this team. It cam easily set up on Uxie and even if
you get screens up he can break them and sweep your team. Even if you switch into your own Haxorus it will outspeed and KO it. Sure,Twave hinders it's speed but after a couple DDs that won't matter. I suggest changing your Haxorus
to Jolly (now you outspeed Modest Hydreigon too) and put Memento over Twave on Uxie to keep Brick Breakers from setting up on you.
First of all, brick break after a DD won't ohko my ferro, I can retaliate, second if it doesn't get a DD up, I can kill with mienshao, third, no one runs modest hydreigon, lol. I tried memento, wasn't that great, I'm willing to re-test but t-wave helps a lot.

Lord Wallace

Hentai Connoiseur
First of all, brick break after a DD won't ohko my ferro, I can retaliate, second if it doesn't get a DD up, I can kill with mienshao, third, no one runs modest hydreigon, lol. I tried memento, wasn't that great, I'm willing to re-test but t-wave helps a lot.
Brick Break isn't meant to KO Ferro it's to break the screens silly. And while
you switch to Mienshao he WILL get a DD up. And I run Modest Hydreigon,lol.
Memento will help you,trust me.

Brick Break isn't meant to KO Ferro it's to break the screens silly. And while
you switch to Mienshao he WILL get a DD up. And I run Modest Hydreigon,lol.
Memento will help you,trust me.
Oh... haha! I totally forgot about that secondary effect! Anyways, I don't mean switch to mienshao, I mean like if one of my pokes dies, and we both go in, I can outspeed and KO. Have any suggestions? Also do you run modest on a scarf set or something? YOU'RE TOO SLOW! [/sonic]

Lord Wallace

Hentai Connoiseur
Oh... haha! I totally forgot about that secondary effect! Anyways, I don't mean switch to mienshao, I mean like if one of my pokes dies, and we both go in, I can outspeed and KO. Have any suggestions? Also do you run modest on a scarf set or something? YOU'RE TOO SLOW! [/sonic]
Nope,I run Specs to feign a scarf. Works like a charm.
And I forgot you had Thorn,which somewhat stops it's sweep. I still recomend Memento,maybe over U turn?

Basically what it comes down to with Memento vs U-turn on Uxie, is do you want something to get a guarenteed set up once, or do you want Uxie to have a second chance at screening? Dual screens followed by Memento to get your sweeper in for free while simultaniously lowering your opponent's attacking stats by two stages just about 100% guarentees a switch, meaning you get at least one free turn to Sub or do one of your Dances. However, since Uxie faints, it's a one shot deal. If you think the amount of games you'll win like that is greater than the number of games you feel you'll have more success re-setting the screens later, then use Memento. Otherwise U-turn is fine. It's all about your play style.

Basically what it comes down to with Memento vs U-turn on Uxie, is do you want something to get a guarenteed set up once, or do you want Uxie to have a second chance at screening? Dual screens followed by Memento to get your sweeper in for free while simultaniously lowering your opponent's attacking stats by two stages just about 100% guarentees a switch, meaning you get at least one free turn to Sub or do one of your Dances. However, since Uxie faints, it's a one shot deal. If you think the amount of games you'll win like that is greater than the number of games you feel you'll have more success re-setting the screens later, then use Memento. Otherwise U-turn is fine. It's all about your play style.
I am testing memento right now, by the time he sets both screens up uxie is in red health. He's also a slow poke, so memento is looking good.

I am testing memento right now, by the time he sets both screens up uxie is in red health. He's also a slow poke, so memento is looking good.
Cool, hopefully I helped! Good luck with the team, be sure to tell us how it does! :)

I´m kinda confused as to why you play in the DW when only two of your Pokemon have their Dream World abilities, and both of them are inferior. For example, Flame Body gives Volcarona the chance to set up on physical sweepers while Reckless is only viable with Jump Kick and Hi Jump Kick... do you really wanna sacrifice 33% recovery each time you switch for just one move?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)