SM OU Scizor Balance

So as someone who has Scizor as my favorite Pokemon, I decided to start using her competitively and I made a pretty fun team around it.I was hoping someone could help.

Scizor-Mega (F) @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 244 HP / 84 Atk / 136 Def / 44 SpD
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off/SuperPower
- Roost
This is the late game attacker on the team.It focuses on setting up Swords Dance and sweeping with Bullet Punch.The EV spread is designed to make her super bulky but still have good attack.244 HP along with our investment in SpD and a Careful Nature allows her to live a Hidden Power Fire from non specs tapu lele, and we have Knock Off for a neutral hit, which guarantees an ohko at +6, and 2khos at +2.SuperPower can be taken over Knock Off if you want to ohko steel types like Ferrothorn, which 2khos unboosted after lefties.Bullet Punch is your bread and butter attacking move with a Technician boost to 60bp, along with STAB and priority.Roost is to give it some more longevity, mainly in the off chance that you can handle every Pokemon on the enemy team.
Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Earth Power
- Magma Storm
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
Heatran provides a ton of utility and is a crucial member for the team.It absorbs fire type moves for Scizor with Flash Fire, it also provides Stealth Rock for the team, as well as status with Toxic.The EV spread is the spread I run on all of my tanks that have good Def and SpD.The split defenses and max hp aren't meant to do anything in particular, but its a nice thing to go for with mixed tanks.

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 188 Atk / 68 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Defog
Lando is a fast Defog user that provides a VoltTurner for the team, as well as hitting hard with Earthquake and Stone Edge.The EV spread allows us to outspeed everything thats not Scarfed, with the exception of Scolipede with a turn of speed boost.The Def allows us to live uninvested Ice Fangs from Gliscor.The Spe allows us to switch into Fake Out Lopunny and U-turn into Scizor to tank Ice Punch and potentially set up Swords Dance.

Toxapex (F) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Baneful Bunker
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Haze
Toxapex is our Hazer for the team, as well as providing Toxic Spikes.With the EV spread and the combo of Scald/Haze lets it be a great counter to physical sweepers.
Mew @ Mewnium Z
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Psychic
- Soft-Boiled
- Heal Bell
Mew Provides Heal Bell and status, and can set up Psychic Terrain to protect the team from things like Sucker Punch from Mega Mawile, and Fake Out.This is mainly for if Scizor is gone and psychic terrain is needed.

Clefable (F) @ Babiri Berry
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Def / 92 SpA / 60 SpD
Calm Nature
- Flamethrower
- Wish
- Moonlight
- Thunder Wave
Lastly is Clefable, it's our counter to opposing Scizor, it has Babiri Berry and Unaware to tank boosted Bullet Punches, and kill with Flamethrower.It also allows for speed control with T-Wave and Wish Support.​

You have some weird EV spreads and sets. I'll try to fix them up a little.

Scizor-Mega (F) @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 244 SpD
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost
EVs were condensed a bit. Don't worry about specifically KOing Tapu Lele. If you can avoid a 2HKO you already win as you can SD and Roost until Psychic terrain runs out then just win. Or more realistically use U-turn because it's going to switch out. Early game use U-turn to wear down your counters. When you're ready to sweep just SD and win with Bullet Punch. Light Metal is the better ability in case you switch in on Low Kick or Grass Knot. You get Technician when you Mega anyway so there's no downside. 16 Def lets you Roost off any hit from Choice Band Kartana with the rest in sp def to tank hits from Tapu Lele that you seem to fear.

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 128 SpD / 128 Spe
Calm
Nature
- Earth Power
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic​
If you want a defensive Heatran try Lava Plume. Speed EVs outrun Magnezone and Tyranitar so you can nail both of them before they hit you.

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 232 Atk / 68 Def / 208 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge / Explosion
- Defog​
I switched your EVs to Smogon standard. Outruns Kommo-o by one point. Probably better just running Explosion so you can actually deal some real damage to things like Kommo and Serperior before you die.

Toxapex (F) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 160 SpD
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Haze​
Calm > Sassy. Sassy lowers speed which you don't really want. As slow as Toxapex is you still outrun some things like Ferrothorn or Paralyzed Pokemon like Gyarados. Baneful Bunker is kind of bad especially on a team with lots of status moves. Just run Recover. Your EVs were decent but 160 sp def hits a bonus point so this spread has a tiny bit higher bulk.
Mew @ Mewnium Z
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Soft-Boiled
- Aura Sphere
I... I don't know what you're doing with this? Just run standard offense. Blow holes in everything. Lure in Heatran thinking you're defensive and kill them so your Scizor can sweep. +2 Genesis Supernova + Psychic Terrain err... Psychic will usually kill even Chansey.

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Flamethrower
- Wish
- Moonlight
- Thunder Wave​
You don't need Babri Berry to survive Scizor Bullet Punch. Defensive Mega Scizor doesn't even 2hko with a phys def EV spread. You could use Magic Guard and Softboild which would free up another moveslot for Moonblast but Unaware is fine too. Whatever sp attack EVs you had weren't OHKOing any Scizor. If you really want to OHKO Sciz run Magic Guard with Life Orb as an offensive tank set.

Anyway I don't play much OU so I don't have any advice for swapping Pokemon, but this should at least make your EV and movesets a little better! :)

A Toxapex without Recover is not a Toxapex. Definitely drop Baneful Bunker.

I don't think you really need protection from priority so bad that it necessitates running Mewnium Z. I'd replace it with Leftovers, and consider running a different attack to cover some other threat, like Ice Beam for Lando, Chomp, and Gliscor, or Earthquake for Heatran.

I can't thank you guys enough for the help on this team,
i'm a bit of a n00b so I don't 100% understand how this all works.The Babiri Berry Clef was a set by Pokeaimmmd

Update:Ive replaced Mew with Umbreon
Umbreon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Heal Bell
- Foul Play
- Taunt
I switched lefties on heatran to firium z, and used the sets recommended by MrHands for Clef, Tran, and Lando

Update:Ive replaced Mew with Umbreon
Umbreon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Heal Bell
- Foul Play
- Taunt
I switched lefties on heatran to firium z, and used the sets recommended by MrHands for Clef, Tran, and Lando
Definitely switch back to Mew. Mew has reliable recovery, better speed, and a bevy of attacks to not be completely passive.

I'll see how both of them work, I do have plenty of Psychic resist on the team already
If you are going to use Umbreon, you need Wish. This lets Umbreon keep itself healthy (albeit less effectively as Mew's Soft-Boiled), as well as letting it heal its teammates, most notably Heatran. Also consider Protect, both to make Wish more effective, and to punish Medichams and Lopunnies that try to High Jump Kick you.

hello! i dont really do rates too much but ive used sd knock scizor a decent bit in the past so i might be able to offer some opinions which u might find helpful. this wont be a full detailed rate as i dont have too much time but instead ill just share my opinions on what i think u can do to give scizor the best chance at sweeping teams, which as u said, is the centrepiece of your team.

so the 1st thing u need to be aware of is scizors checks. the relevant hard checks in ou would celesteela, toxapex, zapdos and mega venusaur and mega charizardx which is what i think of right of my head and u want to build ur team to be able to pressure/lure/ko those threats for scizor to sweep which i dont think u are doing right now.

i think that your landot can possibly make use of a rock z crystal and run the set of rocks,eq, stone edge and swords dance. having a swords dancing mon with rock coverage is a tried and true way to get rid of/lure scizor counters like zapdos/celesteela, pressuring venusaur /toxapex and zardx. if u can fit this set on landot i think it might be the most effective user of the z since sd rock z lando is not 1 of its most common sets atm (usually most are scarf/defensive/sd fly) and with how ladder is, u probably will be able to catch quite a few unsuspecting zapdos and celesteelas thinking its fly z. other users of the move u can consider would be garchomp and terrakion.

another thing u can consider fitting on ur team is spikes to put checks/counters in range of +2 scizor knock/bp. gren is probably the best user for this team since ferrothorn, the other relevant user of that move in ou has redundant defensive synergy with scizor. ashgren/protean gren is your choice but i personally think protean sets are a lot more underprepped for whereas ashgren is heavily prepped for. if u consider protean gren, i would suggest life orb low kick too for this reason:
252 Atk Life Orb Protean Greninja Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 248 HP / 28 Def Celesteela: 195-230 (49.1 - 57.9%) -- 56.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
2 of these = almost dead celesteela and the remaining 2 moves u can fit in what u like. having a strong psychic type attacker like tapu lele can be nice if this is what u choose to take advantage of steela being weakened/koed.

with spikes, u can try have scizor can run 64atk with adamant nature instead of your own spread or the standard smogon spread of specially defensively inclined.
+2 64+ Atk Technician Scizor-Mega Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Koko: 243-286 (86.4 - 101.7%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
aside from koko, this also makes it easier for scizor to sweep successfully but it would gear your team towards a more (bulky) offensive nature. rest of your evs can be customized to ur liking but i would strongly suggest 16 speed to outspeed adamant alolan marowak, this is a small price to pay for the benefit.

lastly, i want to add u can consider kyurem black too. it destroys all the mentioned scizor counters. have a nice day.

Reactions: TPP

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)