SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

My speculative copium idea is that the Legendaries are generated when you get the Snack and then are locked into being Shiny or not at that moment.

Have we seen anything that hard confirms they're static to the extent of interacting by pressing-A like the Titans, or could they be like the Galarian Birds where they're fixed spawns but you can trigger the battle by just running into Gapdos for example?

If they wanted to go REALLY crazy, imagine if the Snacks were extremely high cost but you could generate multiple Legendaries off of one like being able to see multiples of the UBs in USUM. So like get 10k Blue Berry Points to make another Rainbow Muffin and you can catch a Second Ho-oh. Or if the Snack worked like the Sandwich/food system and upped the Spawn Rate of a Legendary from 0 to 1% so you could run around to find another one (but since the food isn't custom, no Shiny Boosting)?

Wish-listing aside I would be curious if the speculation on catching multiples of the Trio Paradoxes would also entail their corresponding Sub-Legendaries being available in multiples.
There's precedent of pressing A to interact with legendaries in the loyal 3 but they were shiny locked so who knows.

That's more a case or current gen leges being always shiny locked. Exceptions are extremely rare (like the regis last gen)
Outside of BDSP, it might be notable that this is the first time since Gen 5 that we see the legend in full before initiating battle. ORAS had us interact with Hoopa rings and USUM showed only a silhouette/shadow before the battle starts.

I suppose one can bring up Dynamax Adventures and how they aren’t shown shiny during the fight itself, but that was probably done so that players wouldn’t immediately drop out if the legend wasn’t shiny and leave the rest of the players hanging. As far as the two new Regis go, I think you interacted with a statue to battle them? If so then it would also mitigate whatever issue GameFreak has nowadays with overworld shiny legends.

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Outside of BDSP, it might be notable that this is the first time since Gen 5 that we see the legend in full before initiating battle. ORAS had us interact with Hoopa rings and USUM showed only a silhouette/shadow before the battle starts.
Ah how I've missed that so much.

Call me a nostalgia freak as someone whose formative era was the DS era (Gen 4-5) with a touch of Gen 3, but my favorite thing about legendary hunting in FRLG, Emerald, Platinum, HGSS, and BW2 in particular is how the older legendaries were all actually in the world of the region and had lore as to why they were also there, and it felt pretty darn cool and added to the sense of mystique and discovery that came with hunting legendaries, because they truly were part of the world even in those games.

Not to diss ORAS and USUM as I do still love those games but with the legendaries coming from other dimensions, while a cool feature, didn't make them feel quite as special. ORAS was pretty neat with how it did it but that particular method of making old legendaries obtainable lost its charm as time went on.

It's nice to have actual legendaries integrated into the world of SV the game as things that are actually there and you meet in certain places in the world you travel rather than just being thrown in from other dimensions. I've really missed that and I'm so glad it's back to being that way in SV. SV may be a flawed game but I truly feel like the sense of wonder, discovery, and joy that I loved about Pokemon back in the Gen 4+5 days is truly coming back and I am super happy about that. I hope they keep this up in the future.

Ah how I've missed that so much.

Call me a nostalgia freak as someone whose formative era was the DS era (Gen 4-5) with a touch of Gen 3, but my favorite thing about legendary hunting in FRLG, Emerald, Platinum, HGSS, and BW2 in particular is how the older legendaries were all actually in the world of the region and had lore as to why they were also there, and it felt pretty darn cool and added to the sense of mystique and discovery that came with hunting legendaries, because they truly were part of the world even in those games.

Not to diss ORAS and USUM as I do still love those games but with the legendaries coming from other dimensions, while a cool feature, didn't make them feel quite as special. ORAS was pretty neat with how it did it but that particular method of making old legendaries obtainable lost its charm as time went on.

It's nice to have actual legendaries integrated into the world of SV the game as things that are actually there and you meet in certain places in the world you travel rather than just being thrown in from other dimensions. I've really missed that and I'm so glad it's back to being that way in SV. SV may be a flawed game but I truly feel like the sense of wonder, discovery, and joy that I loved about Pokemon back in the Gen 4+5 days is truly coming back and I am super happy about that. I hope they keep this up in the future.
There were still SOME ORAS legendaries that weren't found through soaring, like Heatran was a wormhole but at least it built on a location that was underused in the original RS.

THIS ONE HUNDRED PERCENT. Legendary hunting is the one part of Pokemon that has truly gone downhill from the transition from 2D to 3D IMO. The best part of B2W2 IMO was the large number of old legendaries that returned and how seamlessly they were integrated into Unova - it was a super awesome way to flesh out both new and old areas and reward the player for exploration. Soaring at least tried to be unique with giving some of the legendaries pre-requisites that weren't just "have the other members of the trio" to unlock them (Tornadus/Thundurus only appearing if you have a Castform in the part is funny) but Ultra Wormholes and Dynamax Adventures completely sapped the thrill and awe of not only finding Legendaries, but Shiny hunting them too.

Yes, I am fully ready to get obliterated for this, but I really don't think all of the past gen Legendaries being Shiny locked is as much of a deal breaker as everyone's making it out to be. Shiny Legendaries are supposed to feel particularly special and unique IMO, and Soaring, Ultra Wormholes, and Dynamax Adventures (mainly the latter, what with the 1/100 Shiny chance) dampened that a fair bit. It does suck that shiny Kubfu/Urshifu, Glastrier, and Spectrier will remain unobtainable... but let's be real here, the only one of those with a good Shiny is Spectrier LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dynamax Adventures had plenty of cool thrills imo & in particular seeing that shiny Articuno & Tapu Fini made me pop off and I loved checking the results even on repeat run throughs just to see if I got lucky, since it was a level of luck that made it reasonable to expect something. 1/100 is a great rate probably done to offset the length of time commitment needed, but it really added to the experience.

Ultra Wormholes I also thought were interesting conceptually, and I liked the Legendary wormholes since there was a bit of lead up to them showing up in the world proper, unfortunately it meant you had to do Ultra Ride which was tedious and bad and is the one time I didn't bother collecting all the legends on a rerun opportunity. Absolutely dreadful.

For Snacks I look forward to seeing where on the tedium & annoyance cross sections grinding missions to buy snacks will be. My hopes, much like the probable shiny chances, are not very high

I will never forget catching that Dynamax Cresselia and at the end finding out it was shiny.

My thing with Legendary encounters is that I feel with the 3D Era, it was done as a time saving method as to be blunt, it was ORAS where they started mass releasing every past legendary as some post game side thing consistently. In the past it was usually only a select few legends. And trying to put each legendary in some part of the map in these games and instead they tried to stick them in one major location. But with how big Paldea is, it's much easier to find a fitting place on the already made map to put for example, Rayquaza then say, Alola or Galar.

I don’t mind how they've done it as even SWSH made it so some had static encounters (Regis, Swords of Justice + Keldeo, Birds)

With the Hoopa rings, they were placed all around Hoenn after certain requirements and they had to utilize the new Flight feature with the Latis to make it work easier and make new locations.

Ultra Wormholes had you play a mini game to reach the specific wormholes for the legendaries. Not to mention they gave all the UBs their own unique areas and Zygarde had it's own cave in USUM.

Since we have only a few hours until the update arrives, now is the last time we have to speculate. What could the hidden treasure of Area Zero be? Perhaps the friends we made along the way?

Personally I'm hoping it's a pile of rusty bottle caps.
The literal hidden treasure is probably Terapagos itself, specifically in its full power form.

The figurative hidden treasure is definitely friendship. It's where our initial group of friends bonded together and came to better understand each other and it's likely where our new group of friends overcomes their issues.

Whatever it is, I'll be extremely disappointed if whatever we find down there doesn't close the Heat / Time Machine narrative arc
I would be shocked if we didn't get answers to Heath directly considering the focus on his grand daughter and his journal.

I suspect Time Machine will be one of those things where its like... "well I guess it did work...but did it really....?"
Like they'll lean on it being true to a point, but leave it ambiguous enough to leave you truly wondering what the deal is with these weirdos.

My prediction is that "zombie_man" and "zombie_old" are descendants of the mask maker whose ghosts/zombies show up somehow (maybe Dokutaro is involved?) and they will push Kieran further towards his obsession with Ogrepon.

My prediction is that "zombie_man" and "zombie_old" are descendants of the mask maker whose ghosts/zombies show up somehow (maybe Dokutaro is involved?) and they will push Kieran further towards his obsession with Ogrepon.
A facinating theory!
The literal hidden treasure is probably Terapagos itself, specifically in its full power form.

The figurative hidden treasure is definitely friendship. It's where our initial group of friends bonded together and came to better understand each other and it's likely where our new group of friends overcomes their issues.
Yeah, as Pokemon is a kids game

Yeah, as Pokemon is a kids game
I'd say "yesnt" in this case, despite me being the first person to constantly say "bla bla main audience is kids", GameFreaks has tried (far too hard if you ask me) to put "mature" messages in their games since as early as gen 3, with last two generations clearly looking at giving a educational message (gen 8 being all about old generation passing their legacy and responsibilities to the newer ones, and gen 9 looking to address the difficulties of abandonment, isolation and bullism).

While I do agree that the treasure may indeed be "the power of friendship", I fully expect them to try and pull some kind of educational message off both whatever got into Kieran's head (who if you noticed, had to deal with the feeling of being "inadequate" for the entire first DLC and became intoxicated with the need to prove himself), and whatever will happen with our return to Area Zero.

(Also, we already know we'll be seeing what's been of Team Star after the main game events, which is likely going to try and show the difficulties of reintegrating with their peers and "go back to normality")

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)