Save as a draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
There should be an option in when creating a new thread, to save work as a draft. Because most of the time when people want to make RMTs which look fancy, they need time, so they can't be expected to finish it all up at the same time. There should be an option which allows the user to save their work as a draft and continue later, when they're free.

Notepad is usuable, you just have to diplay it as BBCode first, but I would prefer this. However, I'm not sure if this can be implemented, but I would like to see it.

Btw, don't say "Use Word" because it messes up your RMT like hell.

I PM myself any unfinished project work which I have done, and just delete the previous PM when I update it. I don't think the usage of a small % of your total Inbox space is that much of a consequence to warrant this.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Notepad is usuable, you just have to diplay it as BBCode first, but I would prefer this.
Well, the only threads that really require days of planning or more than you can just leave open in a Firefox tab or whatever would be C&C threads which should be written in SCMS-HTML anyway...

I've personally always used Google Docs so I can get to my drafts anywhere, but it'd be nice if VB had an equivalent plug in or feature. Doubt it though.

Just PM yourself. Though it would be nice if VB had a feature like this, I haven't seen it on any VB Forum.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I whipped up a group to use for storing unfinished write ups, its got a few advantages over the other methods suggested here. Unlike notepad/Google docs/pastebin/whatever the document stays in the same code so should not have issues when copying over, and will keep its links and formatting intact. And you don't need to bookmark the location/stay on the same comp to get back to it. Unlike PMing yourself the document, you don't use two PM spaces (less of an issue for badges members) and you can see the document in a full width setting, not the slightly compressed space you get in PMs. Finding and editing a post means you have to keep track of that post, which could be a hassle for the more absent minded.

Having a save as draft would be kinda neat, but The Box is perfectly functional.

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
This would require programming resources we don't really have at the moment when there are plenty of other reasonable options out there.

That being said, thanks for the suggestion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)