Resource Sample XY Teams for entering the metagame

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel confident enough in my team now to post it, but it's not the best.

Let's Dance - Manual Rain Dance LC Team!
Drilbur

Drilbur @ Eviolite
Ability: Mold Breaker
Level: 5
EVs: 76 ATK / 196 DEF / 236 SPDEF
Impish Nature (+DEF -SPATK)
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Riolu

Riolu @ Eject Button
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 196 HP / 196 DEF / 116 SPDEF
Relaxed Nature (+DEF -SPE)
- Protect
- Rain Dance
- Copycat
- Drain Punch

Mantyke

Mantyke @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 116 DEF / 196 SPATK / 196 SPE
IVs: 0 HP
Modest Nature (+SPATK -ATK)
- Hydro Pump
- Air Slash
- Ice Beam
- Rain Dance

Anorith

Anorith @ Eviolite
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 236 ATK / 36 DEF / 236 SPE
Adamant Nature (+ATK -SPATK)
- Swords Dance
- Rock Blast
- X-Scissor
- Aqua Jet

Chinchou

Chinchou @ Eviolite
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 52 DEF / 224 SPATK / 220 SPE
Timid Nature (+SPE -ATK)
- Thunder
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Rain Dance

Spritzee

Spritzee @ Eviolite
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 132 HP / 196 DEF / 156 SPDEF
Calm Nature (+SPDEF -ATK)
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Aromatherapy
- Protect

Simple really. Use Riolu to get off at least 2 rain dances a game, Anorith and Mantyke can muscle through some pretty powerful mons. Chinchou spreads powerful status with scald in rain or thunder, and also rain dance. Spritzee's best cleric, might need to change EVs though. Drilbur is bulky, usually beats other leads and sturdyjuicers who think they're cute. Main problems I've been having is Meditite and BellyDrum Swirlix, but solid all around team, got me to 1800s without difficulty. Could drop Ice Beam for HP Grass on Mantyke possibly since Hydro Pump in rain really hurts what doesn't resist it. Last slot, I had the hugest rotating roster because I didn't know what could really fit on there. Even had Scarf Weather Ball Bulbasaur and Remoraid to counter Ferroseed at some point. If you're interested in a manual weather team, rain is lovely. Surprises Sun and Sand, Snover can ruin the picnic sometimes though.

Edit: Really wished Cottonee knew Rain Dance but it does not.

Last edited:

MoxieInfinite

Banned deucer.
Is there nothing for a poor guy that hates weather teams(only in LC), Sticky Web teams, Trick Room teams and offense/hyper-offense?

^ you can go for stall, semistall(both of which are actually better this gen), as well as bulky offense, the archetype I would say my team is. Also please don't be close-minded about other playstyles, most of them are legit and fun to play with.

Well, this is the first time that I'm posting here hoping that I do well. The team is based in the common core of Mienfoo + Tangela. The team use offensive power at the same time that It works like a defensive one, just trying to be less agresive in the start still you get some items knocked off with Tangela and Mienfoo. Pawniard seems a very good Stealth Rocker, since defog started to be famous and because of his ability you have to think If you want to put him at +2 attack. I don't think that this team really need a spiner/defoger, since the only hazard that it is used in the current metagame is SR, who only affect Archen (and it has roost to recover the damage) and no the other because of their way to recover because ability, item or move. Skrelp is a pretty good check to some things like Meditite (If he doesn't have Zen Headbutt), Swirlix (most of them doesn't use Thunderbolt) and Mienfoo. Archen has Hp ice for Gligar, because it resist all of his attack and can HKO him or 2HKO If it is the defensive one even If it has adamant nature, also it helps to dealt with Yanma. I'm really happy with this team, because I did top 1 in ladder with it and it seems to work really good If you play it careful. I hope you guys like it.

Gligar @ Berry Juice
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 236 Atk / 236 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Substitute

Tangela @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 40 Spd / 156 HP / 36 SAtk / 160 Def / 116 SDef
Bold Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Knock Off
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
EVs: 116 Def / 156 HP / 76 Atk / 36 SDef / 76 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Fake Out
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Skrelp @ Eviolite
Ability: Poison Point
EVs: 196 HP / 196 SDef / 116 Def
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Sludge Bomb
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Pawniard @ Berry Juice
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 116 SDef / 36 Def / 200 Spd / 156 Atk
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off

Archen @ Eviolite
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 80 Def / 76 SDef / 104 Atk / 236 HP
Adamant Nature
- Roost
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn
- Rock Slide

Last edited:

Well, this is the first time that I'm posting here hoping that I do well. The team is based with the common core of Mienfoo + Tangela. The team use offensive power at the same time that It works like a defensive one, just trying to be less agresive in the start still you get some items knocked off with Tangela and Mienfoo. Pawniard seems a very good Stealth Rocker, since defog started to be famous and because of his ability you have to think If you want to put him at +2 attack. I don't think that this team really need a spiner/defoger, since the only hazard that it is used in the current metagame is SR, who only affect Archen (and it has roost to recover the damage) and no the other because of their way to recover because ability, item or move. Skrelp is a pretty good check to some things like Meditite (If he doesn't have psycho cut), Swirlix (most of them doesn't use Thunderbolt) and Mienfoo. Archen has Hp ice for Gligar, because it resist all of his attack and can HKO him or 2HKO If it is the defensive one even If it has adamant nature, also it helps to dealt with Yanma. I'm really happy with this team, because I did top 1 in ladder with it and it seems to work really good If you play it careful. I hope you guys like it.

Gligar @ Berry Juice
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Substitute

Tangela @ Eviolite
EVs: 40 Spd / 156 HP / 36 SAtk / 160 Def / 116 SDef
Bold Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Knock Off
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
EVs: 116 Def / 156 HP / 76 Atk / 36 SDef / 76 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Fake Out
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Skrelp @ Eviolite
Ability: Poison Point
EVs: 196 HP / 196 SDef / 116 Def
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Sludge Bomb
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Pawniard @ Berry Juice
EVs: 116 SDef / 40 Def / 200 Spd / 152 Atk
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off

Archen @ Eviolite
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 80 Def / 76 SDef / 104 Atk / 236 HP
Adamant Nature
- Roost
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
I can verify how good this team is, I had probably one of the best matches I've ever had. Its never out of it, as that regen core's bulk allows you to sack 1 or 2 mons or not even with prediction and have 2 completely healthy mons really to wreck. This team will also only get better when adaptability comes out (only reason this thing didn't flat sweep me lol)

Spritzee @ Eviolite
EVs: 212 HP / 196 Def / 12 Spd / 76 SDef / 12 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Aromatherapy
- Moonblast

Pawniard @ Eviolite
EVs: 236 Atk / 196 SDef / 36 Def / 40 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Knock Off

Bunnelby @ Life Orb
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 228 Atk / 220 Spd / 60 Def
Jolly Nature
IVs: 23 HP
- Return
- Quick Attack
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Slowpoke @ Eviolite
EVs: 196 HP / 156 Def / 36 SAtk / 116 SDef
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off
- Ice Beam

Vullaby @ Eviolite
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 116 HP / 76 Def / 236 SDef / 76 Atk
Relaxed Nature
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Air Slash
- Defog

Tyrunt @ Berry Juice
Ability: Strong Jaw
EVs: 156 SDef / 212 HP / 140 Def
Impish Nature
- Ice Fang
- Dragon Tail
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock

i guess ill just share the first team i made for this tier (not the first one i used, my first was icecreams sun team from this thread :D). its not the best, but i think the purpose of this thread is to share solid teams, not excellent teams? anyway this is a pretty bulky offensive/balanced team that can take a bunch of hits, wish them away, and wear opponents down. win conditions are the spritzee/pawn core, but a lot of the stuff on this team is pretty customizable, like gligar > bunnelby (which doesnt fit the bulky theme i have here but i find it nearly impossible to make a team without bunny :P) and then chinchou > tyrunt. aromatherapy would then probably be cooler over calm mind on spritzee. you can also run the faster pawniard spread. idk i just submitted this team because it was the first one i made, and since then havent made any changes. youre more than welcome to try out the ones i suggested though, and please let me know how it goes! :)

prem
Sorry for this, but i have made revisions to my team and here's the new importable(which you can add to the OP):
Carvanha @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 196 Atk / 156 SAtk / 156 Spd
Naughty Nature
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Ice Beam
- Protect

Swirlix @ Berry Juice
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 100 HP / 204 SAtk / 204 Spd
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Dazzling Gleam
- Flamethrower
- Surf

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 244 HP / 108 Def / 148 SDef
Careful Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Protect

Gligar @ Berry Juice
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Acrobatics
- U-turn
- Earthquake

Tangela @ Eviolite
EVs: 156 HP / 156 Def / 196 SDef
Bold Nature
- Knock Off
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Pawniard @ Eviolite
EVs: 76 HP / 236 Atk / 196 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

thanks.

I'll post my main team here for anyone to play with before the possible Tangela ban, having laddered it to 1900 recently

Deemed SunSmash for its reliance on the Sun and Shell Smash, it has some fun quirks to play with. The general goal is to use Dwebble and Meditite to break some of the walls so successive sweepers can come in once their given counters are gone. Instead of relying on VoltTurn to get setup opportunities, it uses offensive pressure to force switches that allow for easy setup. Dwebble caries HP Ice specifically to pick off unsuspecting Gligar switch ins, which are far too common. Sandstorm on Sandshrew to punish people who attempt to use predicted spins for setup. Heat Rock Vulpix for the keeps the team's Water weakness in check, and prepare for the nuke-button that is LO Solarbeam Tangela.

The Heat (Vulpix) @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
EVs: 196 SAtk / 236 SDef / 76 Def
Modest Nature
- Energy Ball
- Fire Blast
- Quick Attack
- Will-O-Wisp

The Check (Shellder) @ Eviolite
Ability: Skill Link
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 196 Spd / 240 Atk / 72 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Shell Smash
- Ice Shard

The Breaker (Meditite) @ Eviolite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 196 Atk / 36 HP / 76 SDef / 200 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Bullet Punch
- Ice Punch

The Shrew (Sandshrew) @ Eviolite
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 196 Spd / 236 Atk / 76 Def
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide
- Sandstorm

The Fire (Tangela) @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 200 Spd / 200 SAtk / 108 SDef
Modest Nature
- SolarBeam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Ancient Power
- Sleep Powder

The Lead (Dwebble) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 236 Spd / 236 Atk
Naughty Nature
- Shell Smash
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
The Torchic Effect

The goal of this team is to Baton Pass Speed Boosts to Misdreavus, or Speed Boosts + a Swords Dance to Meditite, Pawniard, or Gligar. Due to Torchic's bulk, it can get these passes off multiple times throughout a match.

For example:

Torchic Baton Passes +2 Speed to Misdreavus. Pawniard comes in, Nasty Plot. Then, Will-O-Wisp to avoid Sucker Punch, and finally, Thunderbolt. If it fails to KO, Torchic can just Baton Pass more boosts to Meditite, which can KO or attack whatever comes in. Finally, after Torchic finally dies, Tirtouga can come in and clean up.

The team is designed to function without Torchic, as it can die to a critical hit. Without it, the team goes just fine, but has less sweeping power; it still works, though

Tirtouga @ Berry Juice
EVs: 180 Spd / 212 Atk / 116 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Shell Smash
- Earthquake
- Waterfall

Gligar @ Berry Juice
Ability: Immunity
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Substitute

Torchic @ Eviolite
EVs: 196 SDef / 116 SAtk / 76 Spd / 120 Def
Calm Nature
- Baton Pass
- Fire Blast
- Protect
- Swords Dance

Meditite @ Eviolite
EVs: 196 Atk / 156 SDef / 120 Def / 36 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch

Pawniard @ Berry Juice
EVs: 236 Atk / 160 SDef / 76 Def / 36 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock

Misdreavus @ Berry Juice
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 236 SAtk / 36 Def / 236 Spd
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp

prem

failed abortion
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
you see the meta just ended yesterday and i had a life yesterday so TODAY i will deal with this thread.

also im just going to say this because i noticed it last meta but was too focused on other things to care. THIS IS NOT A RETIRING TEAMS THREAD. you dont post really really good teams because then it makes people not try to teambuild at all. mostly looking at treecko and macle but there are other people too.

sum balance n shits
Mienfoo @ Eviolite
EVs: 156 HP / 196 Def / 156 SDef
Careful Nature
- Drain Punch
- U-turn
- Taunt
- Knock Off

Foongus @ Eviolite
EVs: 124 HP / 240 Def / 144 SDef
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Spore
- Stun Spore
- Sludge Bomb

Meditite @ Life Orb
EVs: 196 Atk / 196 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Bullet Punch
- Fake Out
- Thunder Punch

Misdreavus @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Def / 30 SAtk / 30 SDef / 30 Spd / 2 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Trick

Tirtouga @ Berry Juice
EVs: 212 Atk / 180 Spd / 24 Def / 92 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Jet
- Shell Smash

Vullaby (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 80 Spd / 116 HP / 236 Def / 76 SDef
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Defog

I think this is what most teams will end up looking like sooner or later now that Tangela and Yanma are banned. Mienfoo to absorb Knock Offs and act as a utility pivot, Foongus because Spore is OP, Misdreavus so spam the shit out of Shadow Ball and cripple a wall or something with Trick if needed, Meditite for priority revenging stupid shit like Swirlix, Tirtouga for abusing Sturdy, and Vullaby to act as a giant wall and to remove Stealth Rocks.

So far its been working pretty solid, Mienfoo Foongus Vullaby act as a great core trio, although Vullaby is really suffering from 4MSS, it feels rather underwhelming without U Turn. With two Knock Offs on this team and a Tricker to boot, it's incredibly easy to set up a clean sweep for Tirtouga and stuff. IMO Bulky Mienfoo is still S tier and should be on most teams, Knock Off is such a prevalent move and getting hit by it cripples walls and hits sweepers too hard, Mienfoo is the perfect poke to absorb and take multiple Knock Offs throughout matches and is extremely undervalued and underused right now.

Double Phish Bulky Offense

Code:
Carvanha @ Life Orb
EVs: 236 Spd / 196 Atk / 76 SAtk
Naughty Nature
- Protect
- Destiny Bond
- Crunch
- Waterfall

Corphish @ Eviolite
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 236 Spd / 196 Atk / 76 HP
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Jet
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off

Spritzee @ Eviolite
EVs: 12 SAtk / 12 Spd / 212 HP / 76 SDef / 196 Def
Bold Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Wish
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast

Larvesta @ Eviolite
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 76 HP / 156 Def / 236 Atk / 36 Spd
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz
- Morning Sun
- Will-O-Wisp

Gligar @ Berry Juice
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Mantyke @ Eviolite
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 156 HP / 36 Def / 116 SAtk / 196 SDef
Calm Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Air Slash
- Scald

Carvanha and Corphish make a great offensive core and put a lot of pressure on opposing Grass types by threatening to either dent them with Crunch or Knock Off, softening them up for the other to sweep. Alternatively, Carvanha can also just KO the counter with Destiny Bond which really makes it a great Pokemon to have in a dual sweeper core. Spiritzee handles bulky Fighting types like Mienfoo, and can set-up on Chinchou. Larvesta is another Pokemon that can take on Fighting types and Grass types, and keep offensive pressure. It's really a great mon to just soften teams up with thanks to STAB U-turn and the high BP Flare Blitz. Gligar gives the team Defog support and is just a great all around counter and check to threats like Meditite and Vulpix, which is needed since the former can stop my sweepers with double priority and the latter weakens their STABs. Mantyke fills in some holes by providing a status absorber, as well as taking on some of the tiers most threatening Pokemon, including Gligar and some Murkrow. Definitely not the best team, and it takes a bit to get used to, however it does use two easy to set-up and fun sweepers. It also mashes TCR (<3 u bby) which is my favorite part about it.

Spritzee can handle it well, and it isn't hard at all to wear down with U-turns and Knock Off on the switch from Corphish. Really the only Pokemon it gets a free switch-in on is Mantyke, so that's the time to cross switch. It's definitely a threat to this team, but Spritzee handles it well and all I need to get by it is to wear it down.

prem

failed abortion
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
thanks for both the teams guys... but CAN I PLEASE GET PASTEBINS ima put this in the OP too lol.

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
This is my favorite team ever, because it is based around my boi Amaura. It has decent synergy, but does have some problems (such as a good switch in to gligar) that should be cool for whatever user to work out. It's done really well against other players, as its won against LC regs like Corkscrew, Kingmitus, Dsr95, etc, but it does have its flaws that can be easily exploited. Slowpoke+Amaura is one of my favorite cores of the tier, just because of the decent synergy going into Slowpoke, and a good regenerator core of Foongus+Slowpoke is also nice. Fuck stun spore, and fuck slack off :) #AmauraisGod

http://pastebin.com/PFBNVwp5

Last edited:

So, this is my first post on here, so I will try to do my best. So, anyways, I based this team off the amazing defensive core that is Gligar and Slowpoke. I needed a Specially Defensive wall, so I picked Chinchou, but it was easily countered and wasn't very dynamic on my team, so I gave it a Scarf and it started to destroy everything. I picked Pawniard as my set-up sweeper due to its ability to force switches and Knock Off Eviolites and Juices, making it easier for Chinchou, Meditite, or itself to pick off the other team. Meditite is a classic bulky set that can take most hits and recover with Drain Punch. Porygon is pretty much the only thing on my team that can take Special hits easily and dish out damage in return. If the team looks good to you, I have the pastebin down below, and personally, this team has beaten quite a few notable battlers, such as Corkscrew, and it got me easily to 1800.

Some annoying checks to this team are Mienfoo, which can hit most of my team SE with Drain Punch, U-Turn, and Ice Punch and Regenerate, Gligar, which can set up on my Gligar and destroy my team if my Chinchou is out of commission, and the underrated Fairy + Steel core (more specifically Spritzee + Ferroseed) for walling the majority of my team.

Any suggestions will be considered. Thank you for your time.

http://pastebin.com/zEq0dxQt

Last edited:
Since this Thread has been really inactive lately, I decided to post a team I have made recently. It has worked very well for me so far, even going so far as to winning me a tour. Anyways, onwards!

http://pastebin.com/WQi8ZhGm

So, I decided to base this team off of a very rarely used pokemon, Calm Mind Murkrow. Think that your Slowpoke can come in for free and Thunder Wave? Well, take a Dark Pulse and let's see that happen. Due to the amount of switches Murkrow causes, it is fairly easy to set up a Calm Mind. Dark Pulse and Air Cutter have perfect coverage on everything in Little Cup except Pawniard. Roost is Roost, letting Murkrow stay in the fight. I WOULD have Prankster as the ability, but apparently its illegal with Air Cutter (Krow is fast enough anyways, and STAB Air Cutter is almost as powerful as Heat Wave and gets better coverage, so I don't really need it), so Super Luck lets Air Cutter (high crit rate), to have a much higher chance of critting.

Next, I needed something that can wall break, so LO Meditite fitted the bill. Even though I know that Swirlix is going soon, I just love Priority, so FO + BP is still pretty good for my team. STABs are STABs, and Psycho Cut lets Tite beat Larvesta and friends without getting Flame Body hax.

Next, I needed something that could zap the birds out of the Sky, so I decided to add Elekid. Why exactly did I pick physical Elekid? I honestly forgot. Better Coverage? I'll settle for that. Paired with Meditite, this thing can start destroying things, especially things that Meditite can't touch bc of Speed issues.

Slowpoke is Wall #1, taking all non-SE physical hits with ease. Scald burns stuff. T-Wave hits things that I'd rather be slow than be burned, though Scald can burn at the wrong times. Slack Off is for recovery, while Ice Beam hits Gligar for the OHKO, something very important for my team.

Porygon is Wall #2, taking all special hits with practically no problem. Recover is good for any wall. Thunder Wave lets it form an amazing Status core with Slowpoke. Tri Attack hits hard, even with no Download, and Shadow Ball is used in order to beat Misdreavus, which is also very good for my team.

Finally, I added Timburr. Timburr is just the glue of the team, Knocking Off items, taking hits of all kind, and letting me have an answer to Pawniard. It's just very good and fits perfectly on the team.

Now, there are 3 things that can completely destroy this team should I not be careful. The "Dark Devils" I call them, Murkrow and Pawniard, eat this team alive, should I not have Slowpoke and Timburr, respectively. Also, Slowpoke loses to Special Krow. Murkrow just hits my whole team hard with Brave Bird and Elekid cannot eat a Sucker Punch. Pawniard is similar, but has Knock Off, which my team hates (all teams do). Then, there's Chinchou, which hits my team pretty hard, and gains moment with Volt Switch, making it very hard to KO. However, Porygon and Timburr deal with it nicely.

So, that's my team, I hope I helped some of y'all. GL if you try this team ^_^. Replay for fun: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lc-85915770

Shaymin :D, try one of these Murkrow spreads, I used the 2nd one last generation IDK if it'll still work though... HP Flying lets you have Prankster and a 100% accurate secondary move. You lose a stat point but IMO it's worth it because you get Prankster which makes pooping on Scarf Chou more fun and let's you recover more reliably when paralyzed. IDKKKK might work better?
Murkrow @ Eviolite
EVs: 188 Spd / 24 SDef / 104 Def / 40 HP / 80 SAtk
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 2 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SAtk / 30 SDef
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Dark Pulse
- Roost
- Calm Mind

Murkrow @ Eviolite
EVs: 28 Spd / 24 SDef / 184 Def / 224 HP
Bold Nature
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Dark Pulse
- Roost
- Calm Mind

IMO Volt Switch > Fire Punch on Elekid, the only thing Fire Punch hits for better damage than Ice and Cross is like Ferroseed. And like Joltik lol. Hasty/Naive could be a good idea with that.

These EV spreads are also more optimal for Porygon, Slowpoke, and Timburr.
Slowpoke @ Eviolite
Ability: Oblivious
Bold Nature

Porygon @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 236 HP / 116 Def / 156 SDef
Bold Nature

Timburr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 76 HP / 196 Atk / 76 Def / 156 SDef
Impish Nature

You seem to undervalue HP in your EV spreads, as well as not go for Eviolite numbers. It's always best to go for even numbers since Eviolite rounds down. For example, the Slowpoke spread I gave you is actually more bulky for both physical and special despite investing less in both stats thanks to the health investment and hitting even numbers instead of odd for def and sdef. I did the same thing for Porygon and Timburr and EV'd him to live Gligar's Acrobatics from full health. Hopefully this helps you understand where EVs are most valuable, they really make things a lot more bulky and more "EV efficient" :3

Shaymin :D, try one of these Murkrow spreads, I used the 2nd one last generation IDK if it'll still work though... HP Flying lets you have Prankster and a 100% accurate secondary move. You lose a stat point but IMO it's worth it because you get Prankster which makes pooping on Scarf Chou more fun and let's you recover more reliably when paralyzed. IDKKKK might work better?
Murkrow @ Eviolite
EVs: 188 Spd / 24 SDef / 104 Def / 40 HP / 80 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Dark Pulse
- Roost
- Calm Mind

Murkrow @ Eviolite
EVs: 28 Spd / 24 SDef / 184 Def / 224 HP
Bold Nature
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Dark Pulse
- Roost
- Calm Mind

IMO Volt Switch > Fire Punch on Elekid, the only thing Fire Punch hits for better damage than Ice and Cross is like Ferroseed. And like Joltik lol. Hasty/Naive could be a good idea with that.

These EV spreads are also more optimal for Porygon, Slowpoke, and Timburr.
Slowpoke @ Eviolite
Ability: Oblivious
Bold Nature

Porygon @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 236 HP / 116 Def / 156 SDef
Bold Nature

Timburr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 76 HP / 196 Atk / 76 Def / 156 SDef
Impish Nature

You seem to undervalue HP in your EV spreads, as well as not go for Eviolite numbers. It's always best to go for even numbers since Eviolite rounds down. For example, the Slowpoke spread I gave you is actually more bulky for both physical and special despite investing less in both stats thanks to the health investment and hitting even numbers instead of odd for def and sdef. I did the same thing for Porygon and Timburr and EV'd him to live Gligar's Acrobatics from full health. Hopefully this helps you understand where EVs are most valuable, they really make things a lot more bulky and more "EV efficient" :3
Yeah, I completely forgot about HP Flying n_n No one ever uses it, so I didn't even think of it.

Thanks For the EV's. I'm not as good in EV's as I would like to be, and I get a lesson as well .-. I'll implement it when I have the time.

Also, I love the Oblivious Slowpoke

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)