Media RuPaul’s Drag Race

antemortem

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
original drag thread by skies, All-Stars 6 thread by dave

5AB467D0-81B4-4F9E-83B4-4891D31BC722.jpeg

I figure a general RPDR thread is probably better than making one for each new season, so we can keep up with all of our personal mythology as time passes. Anyway, spoilers and leaks have been spoilering and leaking for weeks/months now, but the cast of Drag Race: UK vs The World was officially announced today, pulling the veil from a project that the producers really think was kept hush-hush until now!

The cast features a melange of queens from various UK and other international seasons, including:
  • Cheryl Hole (UK S1)
  • Blu Hydrangea (UK S1)
  • Baga Chipz (UK S1)
  • Pangina Heals (Thailand S1/S2/Host)
  • Jujubee (RPDR S2, AS1, AS5)
  • Mo Heart (RPDR S10, AS4)
  • Jimbo (Canada S1)
  • Lemon (Canada S1)
  • Janey Jacké (Holland S1)
I was gonna upload their looks, but just click the link above. Files are way too mfin big lmao.

My first impressions: Jujubee’s resumé, which also includes a recent appearance on Paramount+’s Queen of the Universe singing competition, is intimidating and impressive; however, that same resumé includes four losses on drag competition shows, so… If AS4 wasn’t Manila Luzon’s time, I don’t think this is Jujubee’s. Mo Heart, Baga Chipz, and Janey Jacké probably have my favorite, fully realized promo looks that get me excited for the season. I have a lot of hope for the Canada queens, but really can’t see anyone but Pangina, Mo, or Baga winning. Making my allegiance clear from the jump in case of riggery. Y’all know how it is…

We have until Feb 1 before it premiers, so let’s talk shit and conjecture!!

Who y’all rooting for?

#TEAMLEMON

The original rapstress and legend, the one and only, never imitated and never been done before. Stunning. Legend. My favorite from both seasons of Canada. Stream Come Through while you're at it, too, Lemon's verse is exceptional.

I would predict that they'll push the UK & US queens and shaft the others unfortunately though... I'm rooting for a Lemon, Janey, Mo top three though. Realistically... and it hurts to say... I don't actually see Lemon winning in this cast, but I do think that either Mo or Baga will win. Not a fan of Baga in the slightest though so hoping for Mo to win out of those two. Also funny as fuck that Jujubee is competing for a fourth time, praying on another runner-up situation so she can say she was runner-up four times. Would be very iconic. Really, an elimination order of Jimbo > Baga > Cheryl > Blu > Pangina > Lemon / Mo / Janey / Jujubee would make complete sense with my fantasy. Though again, I don't see them not putting a UK queen in the top, most likely Baga. Excited nonetheless and hope that the season goes well so we can get a Season 2 with some legends like Synthia, Rita Baga, Tia, Tayce, Bimini, Asttina, Keta, etc !_!.

Oh, and Mo hands down had the best promo look to me. Blu and Lemon also slayed. Just making it clear day one that I'm rooting for Lemon and manifesting her top 3 / winner placement :pray:

antemortem

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

#TEAMLEMON

The original rapstress and legend, the one and only, never imitated and never been done before. Stunning. Legend. My favorite from both seasons of Canada. Stream Come Through while you're at it, too, Lemon's verse is exceptional.

I would predict that they'll push the UK & US queens and shaft the others unfortunately though... I'm rooting for a Lemon, Janey, Mo top three though. Realistically... and it hurts to say... I don't actually see Lemon winning in this cast, but I do think that either Mo or Baga will win. Not a fan of Baga in the slightest though so hoping for Mo to win out of those two. Also funny as fuck that Jujubee is competing for a fourth time, praying on another runner-up situation so she can say she was runner-up four times. Would be very iconic. Really, an elimination order of Jimbo > Baga > Cheryl > Blu > Pangina > Lemon / Mo / Janey / Jujubee would make complete sense with my fantasy. Though again, I don't see them not putting a UK queen in the top, most likely Baga. Excited nonetheless and hope that the season goes well so we can get a Season 2 with some legends like Synthia, Rita Baga, Tia, Tayce, Bimini, Asttina, Keta, etc !_!.

Oh, and Mo hands down had the best promo look to me. Blu and Lemon also slayed. Just making it clear day one that I'm rooting for Lemon and manifesting her top 3 / winner placement :pray:
The thing about Lemon, who I thought was charming on her season if not the most polished, is that she has gained so much traction alongside Priyanka in this past year that she absolutely will not need to win to be thrown into a level of stardom. After going viral through her dope ass rap, there ain’t room on the cutting room floor for her, but I also am not convinced she’ll win. Maybe Top 4, Top 5 at worst; but she’ll have the girls talking.

I agree that it’s unlikely a UK queen, will be in the Top 3, if not two of them in the Top 4 (Baga and maybe Blu). For me, personally, Cheryl Hole’s run on UK S1 was a complete production gag, so I see her out first or second…

I know y’all love to hate her, but I love me some muhtherfucken JIMBO THE DRAG CLOWN, and think she’ll have a deep run that will piss folx off.

As for the proceeding season, if it gets renewed LMAO, I can also see Tayce, Synthia, Rita, Keta (ESPECIALLY Keta holy shit), and Tia dominating—maybe even Ellie Diamond? Not that I find her enamoring whatsoever, but her talent is undeniable. I’m not sure that Bimini would even go back to Drag Race, if I’m honest… unlike Tayce, she came back and put up some of her best work to-date on the latter half of UK S2, post-COVID hiatus, and has only upgraded beyond what I imagined for her career. Not to say that Tayce hasn’t—hi Jean Paul Gaultier campaign

972E9A60-C53B-4D8A-B589-5EE87C207227.jpeg

… but she’s more of a camp/have competition for the hell of it/might actually be looking to get more TV time type. Bimini’s never struck me as the type. wbu

antemortem

Anyone watching the US season (14), spoilers within:
Reactions to June Jambalaya collecting her loser trophy?
Who’s going home next??
Daya Betty for Top 4???

antemortem

8-min preview of tomorrow’s episode is up:
  • Kornbread vs. Jasmine Kennedie is full steam ahead…
  • Maddy truly couldn’t be giving any less energy, the personality is giving wet towel, I’m bored…
  • Thoughts on Maddy’s team vs. Willow’s? The odds are clearly in one’s favor if you ask me lmao

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)