Project RU Teambuilding Factory V3 (Read the OP and all that jazz)

feen

control
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
SeppukuCommander

Qwilfish @ Black Sludge
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 40 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Scald
- Thunder Wave

Scrafty @ Chople Berry
Ability: Shed Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Dragon Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off

Escavalier @ Assault Vest
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 136 HP / 252 Atk / 120 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Iron Head

(Blastoise) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 224 HP / 168 Def / 84 SpD / 32 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Rapid Spin
- Foresight

Manectric @ Life Orb
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

(Rhyperior) @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 200 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Megahorn

Qwilfish + Scrafty is a nice core, but its weak to Psychic spam especially focus blast users such as Meloetta. Escavalier was a nice check to that, plus Mega Abomasnow, Tangrowth, and CM Virizion which looked threatening. Durant looks dangerous now and I needed a hazard setter so I went with Rhyperior, as it can stop Manectric from Volt Switching around. Rhyperior also checks Tyrantrum so that's a plus point. Now I needed a fast pivot that can provide momentum for the team so I went with Manectric, as its coverage are really useful. Finally, team was very weak to LO Delphox, so Blastoise provided to be a nice glue, and remove any hazards that annoyed the team. Chople Berry Scrafty makes it live a HJK from Medicham and Emboar, making them less of an annoyance to deal with. The key plan for your team would be stacking hazards, pivoting around with Manectric, as it forces switches, and then clean with Scrafty.

Calm mind Diancie seems like a cool set to run (not sure how good it is though) so I wanted to request it.

(Diancie) @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Moonblast

I encourage you to tweak the EVs because I don't really know what the standard speed is. A different moveset is fine too as long as it has Calm Mind.
This set allows Diancie to set up on a ton of bulk mons and some offensive mons that can't hit it well. The special attack stat isn't the best, especially uninvested, but after a lot of calm minds it does the job. A spread with more special attack could be used as well. I think a nice balance team fits well for this mon. A good teammate (that I also want to use) could be Dugtrio to trap steels and poisons, and it is also requested above.
EDIT: Another set, that I actually prefer, is a Dual Dance Diancie.

(Diancie) @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Rock Polish

Once again, EVs and moves are able to be changed.

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Master Sunny-EX

Steelix-Mega @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Atk / 76 SpD / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake

Alomomola @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 112 HP / 136 Def / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Knock Off
- Scald
- Wish
- Protect

Flygon @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 204 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- U-turn
- Defog
- Earthquake
- Roost

Virizion @ Lum Berry
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Zen Headbutt
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat

Sneasel @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Low Kick
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash

Sigilyph @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Heat Wave
- Energy Ball
- Roost

A pretty straightforward balance with mega steelix + alomomola being a solid pair that can switch against most of the tier etc etc. Same core you posted but made some changes on the mola spread cause I feel a mixed spread with some emphasis on defense is better overall. You wanted hazard control so enter flygon, totally spdef flygon to check mons like houndoom and life orb delphox much better. Next added a virizion it is such an amazing mon and a great win condition for the team. Now, I always zen headbutt is bad but in a metagame with venusaur, amoonguss and bulky poisons like garbodor getting traction zen headbutt is pretty good (I apologize to anyone that I said it is bad :V).

Last slots were tricky but since you cant really check everything defensively decided to go with an offensive mon that can soft check annoying mon like mega abomasnow and be a pursuit trapper because virizion didnt had stone edge for mons like sigilyph. Enter sneasel, good mon against offense thanks to its amazing speed tier and coverage, love the hazard reoval and pivoting flygon provides and avoid annoying 50/50s with the psychic types since it outspeeds all of them naturally. The team NEEDED a fighting check and a soft check to mons like tangrowth and venusaur so enter sigilyph, air slash over psychic cause scrafty can get out of hand, uncommon but better be safe than sorry.

Hope you enjoy! Any issues dial me up.

Hi.

Samurott @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Megahorn
- Swords Dance

Virizion @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Calm Mind

I would like to request a team around these two Pokemon as I believe they have great synergy and stuff. Samurott weakens Grass types that Virizion for the most part dreads, and Virizion provides an immediate answer to a lot of the water types it fears. A bulky offense team is preferred, though balanced is pretty chill too. The sets are completely up to the builder, CM and SD aren't required if their heart has to spread its wings and soar beyond the limits of my request. I am deathly afraid of Choice Scarf Medicham so don't forget a fighting resist!

feen

control
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi Kableye

Samurott @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Megahorn
- Swords Dance

Virizion @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Calm Mind

Tyrantrum @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rock Head
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Superpower
- Dragon Claw

Bronzong @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 160 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Rotom @ Leftovers
EVs: 120 HP / 136 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Substitute
- Discharge
- Hex

Drapion @ Dread Plate
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Pursuit

Samurott + Virizion is a really cool core to work with, but Flying types like Fletchinder are dangerous, especially since they run Speed that hits 250 to outspeed Adamant Absol. Therefore Tyrantrum is there to act as a revenge killer and Flying type check. I looked weak to Abomasnow, as I lacked a proper switchin, and Tyrantrum just destroys me. Bronzong seemed nice which can also act as a Durant check. I noticed Medicham looks very dangerous now, so I used a Rotom to discourage it from High Jump Kicking and spread status to weaken the opponent. Drapion was there as a Psychic and Fairy check, as well as setup Toxic Spikes in order to aid Rotom, Samurott, and Virizion KO opponent easily, as they're more weakened.

feen

control
"I am deathly afraid of medicham so don't forget a fighting resist!"
~adds rotom
Yeah I was thinking of running Spiritomb, but Rotom is better since it can weaken bulkier builds oo. Plus with Medi u can make mindgames and the opponent is more likely to zen, so you can go Drapion and Pursuit it to get a neat ~65% off

Glalie @ Glalitite
Naive Nature
- Double-Edge / Return
- Freeze-Dry
- Ice Shard
- Explosion / Earthquake

Offense team with Glalie Mega (last team with Glalie in the archive is from like november). Pretty standard, it just break holes through stuff with STABs and can also pick some weakened mons with Ice Shard. I prefer Explosion, but EQ is fine too.

eren

je suis d'ailleurs
sorry for the long wait buds, but i got you covered my g's.

Hi LorisMasta17
DIOGO IS SOGEKING

This is the same team that won the RU Teambuilding Competition last week as the mon to build around was Diancie, so I figured I'd knock out two birds with one stone. CM EP Diancie partnered with Magneton and Scarf Flygon form a really cool Offense/Bulky Offense core. Magneton is able to trap Diancie's main checks, things like Bronzong, Mega Steelix, and non-EQ Registeel (as you wouldn't usually Magnet Rise on it). Scarf Flygon is a super neat partner as it can check ground types and get some momentum via U-turn. If the opposition's sole dragon resist is Bronzong, you can win semi easily if you can sneak your Magnets in. The team was 6-0ed by Meloetta as this point and somewhat annoyed by Sigilyph and Slowking, so Glasses Tomber was added to fuck those up. Toxic Toad was added to check a ton of stuff while Melo gave us a soft fighter check and another win con. Enjoy.
(note: since you weren't too sure on EVs for Diancie, I'll explain mine: they allow you to outspeed 4 speed Alomomola, keep up a sub vs it (Scald does 22-24.3), and if you sub as it switches in, you can beat it 1v1.)
moonshine (Diancie) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 128 SpA / 128 Spe
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Earth Power

life keeps turning (Flygon) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

for the revolution! (Magneton) @ Eviolite
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt
- Magnet Rise
- Flash Cannon

pursuing my dreams (Spiritomb) (M) @ Black Glasses
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp

all washed up (Seismitoad) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Toxic

star of the show (Meloetta) @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam / Substitute
- Focus Blast

Hi BrandonBeast
NICHIJOU

I was thinking of making a team with Venusaur for the teambuilding competition as well as one utilizing Dugtrio. I just decided to combine the two and immediately thought of sun and added the necessary components: Fletch check / Speed out of Sun (Trum), EQ Check / Fighting Check / Sun Setter 1 / Momentum (Uxie), Sun Setter 2 / Psychic Check / Momentum (Liepard), Sun Sweeper 2 / Priority / Psychic Check 2 (Shiftry). CBA to get into too much detail because the team is fairly self-explanatory. Enjoy.
(Note: sash dugtrio is for scarf emboar or delphox which can be annoying to face, particularly under sun)
Mai Minakami (Venusaur) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Modest Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Growth / Sleep Powder
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Giga Drain

Yūko Aioi (Dugtrio) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock
- Memento

Mio Naganohara (Tyrantrum) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- Outrage

Nano Shinonome (Uxie) @ Heat Rock
Relaxed Nature
- Thunder Wave
- U-turn
- Psychic
- Sunny Day

Sakamoto (Liepard) (F) @ Heat Rock
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Encore
- Sunny Day
- U-turn
- Taunt

Kōsuke Ōra (Shiftry) (M) @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Seed Bomb
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

Requesting a Team around Gallade and Meloetta, please! :)

Psychic Spam is fun to use! Gallade and Meloetta are both set-up sweepers and can often carve through teams if your opponent doesn't have anything to reliably stop them or force it out. I'm particularly attached to Bulk Up + 3 Attacks Gallade, but CM + 3 Attacks Meloetta can be switched if it works better.

Thanks guys, sorry I'm not very good at Descriptions.

Gallade @ Leftovers
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Knock Off
- Psycho Cut
- Drain Punch

Meloetta @ Leftovers / Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Dazzling Gleam

Thanks guys!

feen

control
SlaySlenderDragon XD

Sawk @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Zen Headbutt

Uxie @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 160 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psyshock
- Thunder Wave
- U-turn

Flygon @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Defog

Tyrantrum @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Superpower
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw

Escavalier @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Atk / 56 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Drill Run

Cacturne @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Seed Bomb
- Swords Dance
- Low Kick

Sawk + Uxie is a decent core, Uxie giving it free switchins and crippling stuff for it, also checking Medi and Virizion. Flygon's there to give offensive pressure as well as Defog if necessary to make Sawk keep Sturdy. Tyrantrum is mandatory Fletchinder check as well a great revenge killer. Escavalier checks Special Sharpedo which is threatening, esp with the spread. Cacturne is used in last slot since Alomomola owns the team and a Dark-type Pokemon is appreciated on the team with a good priority. Shoutouts to Kushalos for giving me the Cacturne idea.

Ninjacalibur

Glalie @ Glalitite
Jolly Nature
- Double-Edge
- Spikes
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake

Emboar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Wild Charge
- Head Smash

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Atk / 32 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Bulk Up

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Toxic

Venusaur @ Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

Flygon @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Stone Edge

Glalie is a great wallbreaker and having Spikes makes it being used to its full potential. Emboar takes on Lix and Durant which are p.annoying for Glalie. Gurdurr deals with Sharpedo and is a strong setup sweeper. Seismitoad checks Fletchinder and Sharpedo, while Venusaur checks Water-types and Virizion. Banded Flygon is a solid wallbreaker and you can also opt for Defog but Spikes support + Defog is kinda ehh.

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life

Medicham @ Life Orb
Ability: Pure Power
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Thunder Punch
- Drain Punch / Bullet Punch

Requesting an offensive team made around Life Orb Medicham. LO Medicham is a very strong wallbreaker thanks to Pure Power and it's high power STAB moves. However, it does suffer from being a bit slow and frail, so it wants support from it's teammates. Thanks in advance!

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.

Hoopa @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Hyperspace Hole
- Focus Blast
- Knock Off

I'm requesting an offensive team based off of the aboove Hoopa-c set. Hoopa is an insanely powerful wallbreaker thanks to high attacking stats and moves that carry unresisted coverage. Unfortunately, Hoopa falls short in the sped department, and needs partners that do well vs. offensive teams in order to function. Thanks a bunch in advance !

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Id like to apologize to the people that were expecting on the next couple of days but most of the builders are expecting the result of the suspect test to continue the noble cause of building teams for people. Just wanted to say that to provide an explanation and that this thread isnt really dead or something.

Cya after the suspect!

MrAldo

Hey
Well, time to revive this beauty shall we?

Dr Ciel

Hoopa @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Taunt
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic
- Focus Blast

Qwilfish @ Black Sludge
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes
- Poison Jab
- Waterfall

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpA / 24 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Sludge Bomb
- Hydro Pump

Virizion @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Zen Headbutt
- Close Combat

Aerodactyl @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Ice Fang
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Escavalier @ Choice Band
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Iron Head
- Drill Run
- Megahorn

So, Hoopa have been a really interesting addition to the tier since its introduction but after extensive theorymonning and testing can say hoopa only really works on pretty offensive builds and hazard stacking builds serving as a pretty solid spinblocker. So I went with the second route. Decided to change the hoopa set a bit if you dont mind, went with taunt to prevent most common spike setters (qwilfish, roselia on defensive builds and garbodor lately) since spikes are far more annoying than rocks on this build. 3 attacks provide excellent neutral coverage on hoopa.

Now, to make the best use of hoopa in general I needed the obvious hazards. I went with qwilfish + seismitoad for the hazard stacking core. The ground typing on seismitoad makes all the difference for these 2 water types to be really neat partners. Since I was running taunt on hoopa, decided to run poison jab on qwilfish as a replacement, and it helps a TON against opposing virizion matchups which would be nightmare-ish. Offensive SR seismitoad is another of my favorite rock setters, hydro pump and modest nature to provide the best damage output possible, pressures flygon a lot etc, etc. Cool stuff all around.

Next, needed a secondary water resist not so vulnerable to scald burns, a cleaner to take advantage of the hazards and a secondary ice resist (preferably one with pursuit cause meloetta is a threat) completed the team with swords dance virizion, life orb aerodactyl with ice fang and escavalier. Why? Virizion provides a solid win con, terrorizes balance and a pseudo ground resist. Zen headbutt cause no venusaur is going to annoy you. Ice fang on aerodactyl to pressure flygon and make it think twice before defogging and escavalier provides the necessary pursuit support to run knock off-less hoopa and swords dance virizion with zen headbutt, and a great extra wallbreaker. And a good secondary ice resist.

Medicham is pretty annoying but can be played around with the respective resistances. Hope you enjoy!

Couple of changes you can do: RUnning assault vest on escav is a possibility but gets worn down rather quickly. RUnning durant over escav can also work but then run knock off on hoopa like your original post and make qwilfish taunt + thunder wave.

Cheers!

I would like an offensive team built around Choice Band Rhyperior and Swords Dance Virizion. The idea of this team is that Rhyperior smashes holes into the opponent's team, which Virizion can clear up later.

Sets

Rhyperior @ Choice Band
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Megahorn
- Ice Punch

STAB EdgeQuake, 140 base Attack, this thing hits like a freight train full of nitro. Stone Edge and Earthquake are the STAB moves, and wreck anything not resisting them (and even some frailer Pokémon that do, like Virizion and Flygon). Megahorn OHKOes Slowking and 2HKOes Tangrowth on the switch. Ice Punch OHKOes Flygon and Virizion, although to be honest that slot's mostly filler. The EVs give enough Speed to outrun uninvested base 50s, with max Attack and the rest in HP for bulk.

Virizion @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Leaf Blade
- Stone Edge

Swords Dance gives Virizion the power to sweep. Close Combat is the main STAB. Leaf Blade is the reliable STAB - it also lets me beat Alomomola. Stone Edge deals with the Bug and Flying types that resist my STABs, 2HKOing Braviary and OHKOing Fletchinder. EVs maximise Speed and power - Lum Berry can heal an unwanted status condition, most notably burns.

DKFirelord

Back this time I swear!
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Akatsuki No Yona

Ok after long wait hers the team. Meloetta and Gallade were the specified core so I started with them I decided SD Gallade to wallbreak and Calm Mind Meloetta to take adverse of Gallade forcing in Spirtomb and weakening it and also Melo can take on opposing Psychic-types Gallade can't, Sigilpyh, Delphox, etc. Wanted some hazards and away to not just loose to Fletch and Durant and added Mega-Lix decided on toxic over something like Roar or Stone Edge to catch Mola, Slowking, and Eelectross on the switch. Next added Flygon as a solid Hazard remover and Fire resist and Ground immnuty. Added Venusaur after to have a better match up toward Virizion and a water resist. Finally the team seemed really slow and wanted a way to revenge Hone Claws Durant do I decided to use Tyrantrum also gives me better match up toward offense. Team does have some mons you need to play around Scarf Medicham and Absol espically after an SD since it can OHKO Mega-Lix with Superpower and Tyrantrum with Sucjer Punch.
Yona (Meloetta) @ Colbur Berry
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Calm Mind

Kija (Tyrantrum) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Superpower

Hak (Gallade) @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Zen Headbutt
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

Shin-Ah (Steelix-Mega) (M) @ Steelixite
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Atk / 100 SpD / 60 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Jae-Ha (Flygon) (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 116 SpD / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Defog
- Roost

Zeno (Venusaur) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
Timid Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Leaf Storm
- Synthesis

Miyami~~

Also thanks MrAldo for mon changes used to be weak as hell to Durant

Last edited:

MrAldo

Hey
Posting this team in behalf of Diogo, who is forum banned atm (dont ask)

ChrystalFalchion

Rhyperior @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Megahorn

Uxie @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psyshock
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Blastoise @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic / Dark Pulse
- Refresh

Jolteon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Volt Absorb
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball

Houndoom @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Pursuit
- Fire Blast
- Sucker Punch
- Crunch / Iron Tail

Virizion @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Calm Mind
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]

So, CB rhyperior kills everything(max speed to outspeed mola and ~sometimes~ jellicent). Uxie provides rocks and momentum, not going w mesprit since i didn't want to build Offense and not going mawile because it has pretty bad synergy with rhyperior. Spdef Blastoise forms a nice hazard core and can potentially take water hits for rhyperior and whatnot, dark pulse if you're THAT scared of hoopa, i'm not, but it's an option nonetheless. Had accelgor on this slot here for spikes etc but ultimately decided against, as that would make the team too flying/rocks weak, so went with the next offense check in the list, jolteon(Specs helps against fletchinder matchups, but you may run life orb if you'd like). I unfortunately needed an ice resist/pursuit trapper on this slot here, so we go with pursuit houndoom(iron tail is an option for hitting diancies, but not everyone would want to drop crunch so its slashed second). Last slot had to be a bulky water check/Win con, went w viriz since thats the only thing that fits the criteria, am using calm mind here but feel free to use swords dance if you'd like. ps i like japanese cartoons

Cheers!

Last edited:
Thanks very much, only played a few matches but seems solid so far. I changed Blastoise to physically defensive (better use of its typing) and Virizion to Swords Dance (personal thing, Focus Blast always screws me over), and it's performing pretty well. Would share replays, but that function isn't working atm.

feen

control
Sniping this because slurmz died and Aldo's lazy

BrandonBeast

Medicham @ Life Orb
Ability: Pure Power
Jolly Nature
- Thunder Punch
- Bullet Punch
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt

Diancie @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Heal Bell

Flygon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost
- Earthquake

Durant @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Hustle
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- X-Scissor
- Superpower
- Baton Pass

Venusaur @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Rotom-Fan @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Air Slash
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split

Diancie + Medicham is a cool combo, as Diancie takes Flying-types and Spiritomb for Medicham. Diancie also provides to be a solid Stealth Rock user and cleric. Flygon was added because Flygon + Diancie forms a nice core which can check Tyrantrum. The Speed EVs are to outspeed Lum SD Drapion, but you can run Defensive as well. I added Durant to have a Pokemon to threaten offensive builds, also because of the fact that it's broken. Then I added Venusaur because team looks susceptible to Virizion and Venusaur can check it pretty well apart from Zen Headbutt sets which Durant can donk easily. Rotom-Fan was added due to Durant looking very dangerous to the team, provides a nice pivot and slow Volt Switch to bring in Medicham safely too.

Basically U-Turn and Volt Switch to Medicham to break walls, Durant for easy cleaning.

MrAldo

Hey
and Im not lazy D:

Gonna update the team archive now, and next time lets try to use the convo for things like, ok?

MrAldo

Hey
Also was asked to post this

ChrystalFalchion

[20:15:36] Diogo: hi, can you do me a favor?
[20:16:06] Diogo: post on the teambuilding convo asking aldo to change jolteon to scarf durant on my choice band rhyperior team, maybe make an update post or something and tag the dude
[20:16:13] Diogo: just copy and paste that, pleasse
[20:16:17] Diogo: thanks ^-^

So yeah, just posting to say durant is an option or something you can opt to replace jolteon on this team. Worth the try tbh:
Durant @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Hustle
Adamant Nature
- Baton Pass
- X-Scissor
- Iron Head
- Superpower

Jolly is also an option

Team Archive will be updated to reflect that option. Have a nice day!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)