RU : Not so easy to beat finally...

Hi there and thanks for clicking on my RMT! I discovered RU tier by coincidence, let's explain : My friend and myself were bored of OU so goes to UU, after a while, we got bored of UU and my friend told me about RU. I said : ''Why not ?'' So i made a team, a bit fast and after two or three improvement I remarked that it was a very great team, I grew very high in the ladder (I'm now 219 in no time, nothing to be a master but I'm pretty proud though). So then decided to put it on Smogon's RMT to see if I could still improve it to be even better. Thanks and have fun reading this RMT.

Yanmega (M) @ Choice Specs

Trait: Tinted Lens
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Bug Buzz
- Air Slash
- U-turn
- Giga Drain

I decicded not to give my last EVs to HP because it would give Yanmega a pair number, wich is bad due to his huge weakness to Stealth Rocks. Now that I have an unpair number, I can switch-in with Yanmega two times instead of one. Tinted Lens Yanmega is beast, no one expect that and that let me kill some people that think they will make me switch out. As a late game sweeper it is beast, and also works as a revenge killer. Bug Buzz and Air slash are for STAB and coverage (even if I don't need a so good coverage with Tinted Lens). Roost was finaly replaced by Giga Drain thanks to waterwarrior to beat annoying Blastoises, Rhyperiors, Gastrodon and so on that blocks the way of Yanmega. Unfortunatly Yanmega get owned by Entei, Stone Edge's Primeape and so on and his speed is not so good (317 max), he is frail but well, whenj I am sure to outspeed everyone later in the game it's the best time to put him in and sweep everything.

Alomomola (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Healer
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Toxic
- Protect
- Wish
- Soak

Alomomola is soooo underestimated, she is a wall that can be break only by Galventula or Toxic. Can even wall those damn DD Feraligatr easily. The set is simple. You Toxic, then Protect then Wish Then Protect then Wish... If the opponent put-in a Steel type pokemon ? No problemes, I have soak! So you Soak, Wish, Toxic, Protect, Wish... this thing is so beast I am really proud of it. Seriously, you must have one :D Soak can even helps you kill a pokemon that wall you by changing to an electric type or grass type and take out dangerous STABs. Wish is also a big help in late game because most of my pokes are with low HP, so with her big HP stats a wish from her give all the HP to a pokemon, wich is very usefull. By the way, why isn't Alomomola the evoltuion of Luvdisk ? Meh anyway, I love you Alomomola! The only bad thing is that sub pokemon own her =(

Claydol @ Leftovers

Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Toxic
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic

What is this thing ? Claydol is absolutely needed in my team due to the huge weakness to Stealth Rocks of Yanmega. Also I use it to toxic spam, wich save a turn for Alomomola (She won't need to toxic, opponent is poisonned already! :D) Extremely defensive so let me switch-in in a lot of attacks like if i expect a dangerous thunder attack from a pokemon (especially on Alomomola). Claydol, you are weird but useful :P

Hariyama (M) @ Toxic Orb

Trait: Guts
EVs 252 HP / 252 Atk
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch
- Payback

This Hariyama's set works really well, and it works better than Primeape. This set is simple, you do fake Out, then you get Poisonned so you get guts and here comes brutal damages. I gave Bullet Punch because of his lack of speed and it gave me lot of kills. Special thanks to SuperPascal for helping._

Rotom-C @ Choice Scarf

Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Trick
- Thunderbolt
- Leaf Storm
- Volt Switch

Again a Scarfed revenge killer or a late game sweeper but this one, again, has a different second job : Stoping annoying walls like Ferroseed by tricking themself. Works very well but I am still not sure about my EV spread... Should I give more in HP stat ? Volt Switch is very strong due to Stab and Leaf Storm kills those annoying Gastrodons. He has lot of resistance and not a lot of weaknesses. Alomomola protect him from fire while he protect her from thunder. Arn't they cute togheter?

Entei @ Leftovers

Trait: Pressure
EVs: 136 HP / 122 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Substitute
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Calm Mind

This Entei won me a lot of matches and makes cry annoyers Ferroseed. I love to switch on him in front of a ferroseed, Substitute and wish the other wanted to leech seed me. Even if he change, I can make at least one Calm Mind and most of the time Two, wich is really great, then I try to Sub again if I can and I sweep. His speed is just awesome, letting him outspeed all the metagame but 1 or 2 pokemons.

Thats it, I hope you liked my RMT and if you have any idea to improve my team dont hesitate to post it. I wish to battle you someday, see you!

- Get rid of Roost on Yanmega. Yes, its important to keep your Yanmega healthy, but you have Wish on Alomomola. Also, if you don't get your Claydol in to spin, its going to Roost, then come back in next time, taking away all the HP it got with Roost. Replace it with Giga Drain. Allows you to completely demolish Gastrodon, Quagsire, the Rhymons, and Blastoise, who will probably be coming to check Yanmega, and you gain back a ton of HP
-Healer is useless in single battles, as it only works in Doubles or Triples. Replace it with Hydration, at least you'll be able to use it sometimes.
-Change Primeape to a Scarf from a Band, the trade from power to Speed is well worth it

Hey thanks I will make those changes. Giga Drain's Yanmega promise me lot more usefulness than its Roost so thanks!
By the way, do you reconize me? You just owned me with your Porygon-Z and Galvantula =P
Also proud to say that my cousin is 1st on the ladder on RU! xD I'm also glad that I battled a so strong trainer.

You can give Entei 136 HP EVs to let it make 101 HP Substitutes as well as 4 SR switch-ins. This lets you make Subs that can't be broken by bulky walls using Seismic Toss giving you free turns to use Calm Mind.

I would recommend changing Claydol to Bold and using Psychic instead of Earthquake. Psychic still hits most Poison types that can't be Toxic'd but it lets Claydol hit Haunter and Rotom which is a problem for a lot of teams. You get walled by Steel types but your team should have no problem with Steels.

This is a pretty nice team. I'd agree with No Luck Involved's changes though. Also, change healer on Alomomola to water absorb.

You can give Entei 136 HP EVs to let it make 101 HP Substitutes as well as 4 SR switch-ins. This lets you make Subs that can't be broken by bulky walls using Seismic Toss giving you free turns to use Calm Mind.

I would recommend changing Claydol to Bold and using Psychic instead of Earthquake. Psychic still hits most Poison types that can't be Toxic'd but it lets Claydol hit Haunter and Rotom which is a problem for a lot of teams. You get walled by Steel types but your team should have no problem with Steels.
Thanks for recomendations, I'm going to make those changes right now.

This is a pretty nice team. I'd agree with No Luck Involved's changes though. Also, change healer on Alomomola to water absorb.
Thanks and unfortunately Alomomola can't have Water Absorb ability and unfortunately again her Dream World ability (Regenerator) is not released, wich would be so useful.

hello hello :). that's a good team you got but let me give you some recommendations:
first, change your primeape for something like hariyama with toxic orb. You don't need 2 scarfers and hariyama can handle venomoth thanks to its toxic orb and good bulk. here's a good set.
Hariyama (M) @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 128 Def / 128 SDef
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Payback

after that, change your EVs spread on your Rotom. A spread of 92 HP, 252 SAtk and 160 Spd EVS along with a modest nature will give you enough speed with the scarf to outspeed max speed Alakazam and everything slower.

oh and don't forget to put tinted lens on yanmega :p

hello hello :). that's a good team you got but let me give you some recommendations:
first, change your primeape for something like hariyama with toxic orb. You don't need 2 scarfers and hariyama can handle venomoth thanks to its toxic orb and good bulk. here's a good set.
Hariyama (M) @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 128 Def / 128 SDef
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Payback

after that, change your EVs spread on your Rotom. A spread of 92 HP, 252 SAtk and 160 Spd EVS along with a modest nature will give you enough speed with the scarf to outspeed max speed Alakazam and everything slower.

oh and don't forget to put tinted lens on yanmega :p
Thanks! Hariyama will surely be much more usefull than Primeape and win me more matches :D. Thanks for rotom EV help too ^.^

By the way, I like your Avatar xD

The move Ariel Ace can ruins this team and 2HKO and OHKO everything on your team.
Can I suggest Defensive Blastoise can solve the problem I think.

The move Ariel Ace can ruins this team and 2HKO and OHKO everything on your team.
Can I suggest Defensive Blastoise can solve the problem I think.
When I'm facing a Sowrds Dancer Scyther, I face it with Alomomola and always success to kill him. Pus, a Blastoise would give much more Electric type weakness and take me out most of my Electric coverage.

Moltres rapes this team, nuff said.
Air Slash KOs Primeape, Yanmega, Rotom, and Hidden Power Grass 2HKOs Claydol and Alomomola, Entei can't do jack shit to it and air slash will kill it.

bad, bad, bad. entei has a beatiful atk stat. and you wont encourage it. just pick something that isnt weak to rock (suicune if its in ru or raikou), then put the same set on them. easy as shit.

bad, bad, bad. entei has a beatiful atk stat. and you wont encourage it. just pick something that isnt weak to rock (suicune if its in ru or raikou), then put the same set on them. easy as shit.
What a shit rate. This comment actually pisses me off. As well as blatantly showing zero experience with the RU meta-game, you even insult the team builder. If you were actually pointing out a mistake it would at least be understandable. Shocking.

First of all, I would say that Entei can't learn moves that boost Atk, and in each battles I am able to force a switch, letting me sub then at least do 1 Calm Mind, wich gives me a SAtk stat that greatly outclasses his max Atk Stats and also boost my SDef stat.
Second off, I don't know why you want me to replace Entei for Suicune, they two have different jobs and suicune would just give me another Electric type weakness. My Claydol and my Hariyama are great Rock blockers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)