Project RU CCAT - Round 5 Nominations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raiza

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender

Gligar @ Eviolite
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Roost
- U-Turn / Toxic / Knock Off

Gligar with his high 105 base defense paired with Eviolite makes for one of the most solid fighting check out there in the tier, still pulling off damage with STAB Earthquake. I feel like the Gligar fits in the team because he's able to deal with most of Fighting mons in the tier and Pangoro even with Eviolite knock off'd away, has a good type synergy with the rest of the team, he's durable thanks to Roost, and he also brings a ground immunity, since Abomasnow can't enter and take free damage. Gligar provides also Stealth Rock support, so we can get more coverage to Druddigon. For the last slot I prefer U-Turn over Toxic and Knock off since it can bring in the field Abomasnow with more safety. Toxic can be a good choice too because you can lure the opponent's team and get more possibilities for a Abomasnow clean. I think a downside is that the team will still be slowpaced, but it can be fixed with the next entries.

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Iron Head
- Shadow Sneak

So nice and dandy fighting immunity, rock resist, grass for kabu and ice/dragon/fairy for drudds. Only downside is an extra fire weakness and knock off weakness butthat can be fixed with the remaining team slots. Also the team would appreciate a ground resist/immunity.

EDIT : boltsandbombers your comment made me feel not special :'( lol

Last edited:

HypnoEmpire

Yokatta...
Aromatisse @ Leftovers
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy / Toxic

A nice bulky Fighting resist that can restore health to its teammates so they can stay healthy and continually check what they're supposed to. Can also serve as a pivot since it will be forcing out Fighting-types. Aromatherapy is preferred to rid teammates and itself of status, but I guess Toxic can be used to chip away at the opponent's health so Abomasnow has an easier time sweeping. Has a Defensive spread to be a good Fighting check ofc.

Someone should post a Cresselia set imo.

Natural Talent

Don't die trying to live..
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Moltres @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 136 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flamethrower

I like this set a lot! The speed allows it to outspeed adamant himonlee and get a burn on it. Basically this set is to cripple any fighting types including the well know Pangoro. It works well on the team seeing as we are week to fighting types. It has some decent bulk and a good defensive typing barring the fact there are a lot of rock types and other mons carry rock moves. It may need more support but it seems fine on the team.

Moltres @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 84 Spe
Bold Nature
- Substitute
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flamethrower
This is a more bulky set ev'd to outspeed Pangoro

Side note: if you wanted a more offensive team i would suggest the scarf set.

even though i changed the druddigon set on my team to lefties with dragon claw.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Only 3 noms so far (rip gligar), and I really think there are more useful and creative stuff that can be added to the team. Disappointed with the lack of activity / submissions, oh well.

I think its because it takes too long between the nom time and the voting time. I even forgot i was participating since there hasnt been any activity in a week or so :/

Mesprit @ Leftovers/Colbur Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 68 Def / 224 SpA / 216 Spe
EVs: 140 Def / 152 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- U-turn/Hidden Power Fire
- Healing Wish

Basically since our team is most-likely going to be an offensive one, I preferred running Mesprit as a Psychic-type answer for Fighting spam instead of Cresselia as HypnoEmpire suggested. Mesprit carries way more offensive pressure than it thanks to its good Sp.Atk base, and is a great tool for offense with both Healing Wish and U-turn which carries momentum. Dazzling Gleam was added because of the massive threat Pangoro is for the team right now, and HP Fire as an option over U-Turn that can be pretty nice to lure Escavalier, one of Mega-Abomasnow's best checks. The spread allows Mesprit avoiding the 2HKO from Choice Scarf Reckless Adamant Hitmonlee's High Jump Kick after Stealth Rock as well as outspeeding the Adamant non-scarfed one. If you're not using lefties then run the 2nd spread.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Alright, time for voting!

Changing it up slightly just for some consistency, you're now voting for the Pokemon instead of the username of the person who submitted it.

Doublade
Aromatisse
Moltres
Mesprit

Ajna

i tell my ppl i don't need love but
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Mesprit
I really think we have to do this a bit quicker in order to keep people active

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
Mesprit wins!

Go ahead with the next round of nominations n-n

Sorry for the delay :s

Edit: ajna I changed kabu to AV, although I can't remember if there is a more efficient ev spread that isn't 252 / 252

Also, I just put the simple 252 / 252 spread for mesprit but I'll mess around with calcs at some point to see if the more complicated ones provided have merit.

Last edited:

Ajna

i tell my ppl i don't need love but
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion

Moltres @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Flamethrower
- Hurricane
- U-turn

Standard Scarftres. Great revenge killer, good bulk, and has decent synergy with what we currently have. The team is pretty damn slow so far so Moltres really helps with that. Also, I think Kabutops should probabaly be changed to the standard av set to help deal with opposing Moltres more reliably.

Tbh, Moltres will prob go soon, so alternatives...

Delphox @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Psychic/Psyshock
- Grass Knot
- Switcheroo

Modest fox hits about as hard as the burd, and it can cripple potential checks with switcheroo.

Moon

Grossly Incandescent
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Since the team as it stands is proficient at weakening bulky steels, and it seems a scarfer would be beneficial. How about this hype new toy

Tyrantrum @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Superpower
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
- Outrage

Nice clean up once resists are gone and offensive mons will get destroyed.
Edit: This may be an issue with overlapping weaknesses but still a cool possibilty I feel. A DD/RP set could also be used.

Also, this leaves the team even more weak to strong steels like megalix or durant, so I can see a strong electric or water type being preferred. Moltres would be great if it stays.

Last edited:
Since the team as it stands is proficient at weakening bulky steels, and it seems a scarfer would be beneficial. How about this hype new toy

Tyrantrum @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Superpower
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
- Outrage

Nice clean up once resists are gone and offensive mons will get destroyed.
Edit: This may be an issue with overlapping weaknesses but still a cool possibilty I feel. A DD/RP set could also be used.
i dunno, i think his team has enough physical attackers. Another one might be overdoing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)