Romance Era Composers if they played Competitive Pokemon

A random thought I had was to label some Romantic composers as if they played competitive Pokemon:

Ludwig van Beethoven: All gens GOAT, would have built amazingly, played amazingly. Also would have COOKED in the teambuilder from time to time.

Hector Berlioz: DPP mainer probably, with an unpredictable playstyle. Likely would have cooked often in the teambuilder.

Georges Bizet: Probably a Shoddy Battle player who shaped DPP a tonne without sticking around for much longer afterwards.

Frédéric Chopin: Likely another GOAT at the game, to be honest. Feels like he would have been a more risk-adverse player than Beethoven, though.

Edvard Greig: A solid current gen player with good fairy gen capabilities. May even have had his own YouTube channel to be honest.

Gustav Holst: Likely would have been really really competent at a single point of a certain generation, made it to SPL, and then disappeared from top level play.

Franz Liszt: Strikes me as a BW player who also would dabble into fairy gens, and as a well-known ladder warrior.

Gustav Mahler: This guy almost certainly would have mained RBY. You could have looked forward to mini-essays about the beauty behind the strategies of competitive Mons.

Niccolo Paganini: Would have been an extremely innovative player for sure.

Camille Saint-Saëns: Would have played every single tier going, and had a blast doing so.

Franz Schubert: I feel like he would have came in, played a tier for 3-4 years, left a huge high-quality team dump, and then vanished.

Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky: Offence spammer, no doubt about it. A spectator favourite for this reason.

Richard Wagner: Out of all of the composers, I think Wagner would probably have been playing the longest (since at least ADV-era). Huge post count on www.smogon.com and multiple articles written. Likely would have tempted being forum banned on multiple occasions.

What do you think, and what do you have to say about other composers (classical, romance, modern or otherwise)?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)