Other Metagames Rocky Offense - Monotype

The Squad

Introduction

This is my first RMT. A little while back I built this team with SirSkit and has had some decent success. (Also, sorry if the post is a little sloppy, not used to posting.)

Shuckle @ Mental Herb
Ability: Sturdy
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Encore

Shuckle is the hazard setter for the team and is really the most important member as it does not let the team get shut down by Scarf Keldeo. Mental Herb allows Shuckle to escape anti-leads with Taunt so Shuckle can set up Sticky Web or Stealth Rock. Encore helps shut down set up sweepers. I went with a defensive set since Tyranitar's sand already boosts it's Special Defense.

Cradily @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Toxic
- Recover
- Giga Drain
- Mirror Coat

My main check to Mega Venusaur is Cradily. Mirror Coat really puts in work against it, especially Offensive sets. Toxic helps wear down stall and add pressure to the opposing team. Giga Drain is STAB and can help check Keldeo as well as Swampert and Seismitoad leads. Recover allows Cradily to have more longevity.

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Iron Head / Aerial Ace / Filler

Terrakion is the power house of the team and can help with speed control. Stone Edge and Close Combat are the STAB moves and can OHKO a lot of threats to this team. Earthquake is a coverage move for Nidoking and Toxicroak. The last move slot is a filler, Iron Head hits Mega Diancie hard. Aerial Ace is another option for the fourth move slot since it can OHKO Scarf Heracross on bug teams with Sticky Webs as well.

Tyranitar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 212 SpA / 48 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Assault Vest Tyranitar is the sand setter of the team to boost the team's Special Defense. 48 Speed EVs allows Tyranitar to speed creep Scizor and OHKO with Fire Blast, Fire Blast also OHKOs Mega Scizor but does not outspeed. 248 HP allows Tyranitar to be bulky and the rest of the EVs were poured into SpA. Dark Pulse is the STAB move for Tyranitar and the rest of the moves are coverage moves for common leads such as Ferrothorn, Garchomp, Landorus, and Skarmory.

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 44 Atk / 212 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Diamond Storm
- Protect

The team struggled against Mega Sableye. Moonblast OHKOs Mega Sableye, Breloom, Keldeo, and other fighting types that otherwise are a nuisance to rock. Diamond Storm is to check Mega Charizard Y as well as Dragon Dance Gyarados. HP Fire is coverage for Scizor and Ferrothorn so they can't switch in safely. Protect allows Mega Diancie to evolve safely and reach its maximum speed next turn.

Omastar @ Air Balloon
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Shell Smash
- Scald / Surf / Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Omastar is the win condition against Ground Monoteams. Air Balloon helps make your win condition easier. After a weak armor boost and Shell Smash, Omastar can outspeed Sand Rush Excadrill. Ice Beam checks Garchomp and Lando T/I. Scald is a nice move for the burn chance however Hydro Pump is also a option if you prefer extra power. Hidden Power Grass helps check water teams with Mega Swampert and Seismitoad.

Threats: Mega Scizor, Keldeo (Scarf), Heracross (Scarf) , Mega Medicham
Shuckle @ Mental Herb
Ability: Sturdy
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Encore

Cradily @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Recover
- Giga Drain
- Mirror Coat

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Iron Head

Tyranitar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 212 SpA / 48 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 44 Atk / 212 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Diamond Storm
- Protect

Omastar @ Air Balloon
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Shell Smash
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]

212+ SpA Tyranitar Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 200 SpD Scizor: 392-464 (114.2 - 135.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

212+ SpA Tyranitar Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 200 SpD Mega Scizor: 340-400 (99.1 - 116.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

224 SpA Mega Diancie Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 188+ SpD Heatran: 332-392 (86 - 101.5%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

224 SpA Mega Diancie Earth Power vs. 248 HP / 28 SpD Torkoal: 292-344 (85.1 - 100.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

224 SpA Mega Diancie Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Sableye: 318-374 (104.6 - 123%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252 SpA Omastar Hidden Power Grass vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Swampert: 444-524 (130.2 - 153.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Mega Swampert Waterfall vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Omastar in Rain: 198-234 (70.2 - 82.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Omastar Scald vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Excadrill: 338-402 (93.6 - 111.3%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Mega Venusaur Sludge Bomb vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Cradily: 147-174 (39 - 46.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery (Cradily OHKOs with Mirror Coat after Rocks)

252 Atk Terrakion Aerial Ace vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Heracross: 332-392 (110.2 - 130.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Terrakion Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Diancie: 320-380 (132.7 - 157.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Last edited:

Confluxx [Old]

Banned deucer.
Hey, pretty good looking team. I have a few suggestions.

Change the item on Terrakion to Choice Band as you don't have any physical wallbreakers on the team. With Sticky Webs up Terrakion is gonna be outspeeding pretty much anything anyway so you should take advantage of that. As for the last move go with either Iron Head or X-Scissor, the latter which helps with Slowbro.
  • Choice Band > Choice Scarf
  • X-Scissor / Iron Head on the 4th move slot
Pretty interesting set, I actually kind of like it. Generally a mixed set with Stone Edge, Crunch, Fire Blast and Ice Beam is preferred but this is fine. It's not the most reliable Scizor check however as they most often run max Speed, it's only the bulky variant which doesn't run Speed and from my experience those are much less common.

I'd recommend replacing Earth Power on Mega Diancie with Hidden Power Fire to deal with Ferrothorn and not allow Scizor to switch in for free. You miss out on hitting Heatran and maybe Empoleon but you have Terrakion which takes care of those pretty reliably.
  • Hidden Power Fire > Earth Power
The Omastar set is fine, I'd go with Scald as my Water STAB because it's more reliable than Hydro Pump accuracy wise and has a chance to burn which is useful for things like Scizor because it tanks Bullet Punch at -1 Defense. The only thing you have to watch out for is Superpower if you haven't set up yet because Scizor who carry Superpower are usually always max Speed. Alternatively you could run Surf as it's superior to Scald when it comes to base power and Hydro Pump when it comes to accuracy.
  • Scald / Surf > Hydro Pump

Pretty solid team, I only had a few minor things to change as you can see. Your team is still pretty weak to Scizor but all Rock teams are, not much you could do about it. Mega Aggron and Rhyperior can check those but they can still be played around by the opponent so yeah.

Hope I helped, good luck with the team!

Hey, pretty good looking team. I have a few suggestions.

Change the item on Terrakion to Choice Band as you don't have any physical wallbreakers on the team. With Sticky Webs up Terrakion is gonna be outspeeding pretty much anything anyway so you should take advantage of that. As for the last move go with either Iron Head or X-Scissor, the latter which helps with Slowbro.
  • Choice Band > Choice Scarf
  • X-Scissor / Iron Head on the 4th move slot
Pretty interesting set, I actually kind of like it. Generally a mixed set with Stone Edge, Crunch, Fire Blast and Ice Beam is preferred but this is fine. It's not the most reliable Scizor check however as they most often run max Speed, it's only the bulky variant which doesn't run Speed and from my experience those are much less common.

I'd recommend replacing Earth Power on Mega Diancie with Hidden Power Fire to deal with Ferrothorn and not allow Scizor to switch in for free. You miss out on hitting Heatran and maybe Empoleon but you have Terrakion which takes care of those pretty reliably.
  • Hidden Power Fire > Earth Power
The Omastar set is fine, I'd go with Scald as my Water STAB because it's more reliable than Hydro Pump accuracy wise and has a chance to burn which is useful for things like Scizor because it tanks Bullet Punch at -1 Defense. The only thing you have to watch out for is Superpower if you haven't set up yet because Scizor who carry Superpower are usually always max Speed. Alternatively you could run Surf as it's superior to Scald when it comes to base power and Hydro Pump when it comes to accuracy.
  • Scald / Surf > Hydro Pump

Pretty solid team, I only had a few minor things to change as you can see. Your team is still pretty weak to Scizor but all Rock teams are, not much you could do about it. Mega Aggron and Rhyperior can check those but they can still be played around by the opponent so yeah.

Hope I helped, good luck with the team!
Thanks for the input Confluxx, I appreciate it. I made changes to Terrakion and Diancie. I already have scald on Omastar so i'll leave it be for now. [:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)