Rock Band-The Game

I used to think this was an April Fool's joke, but no one ever said it was, and it has a Wikipedia article and an official site with a message board up, so I think it's real.

Rock Band is a game being produced by Harmonix(the makers of Guitar Hero until Acclaim bought it out,) in association with MTV. It will be released before this Christmas for the Xbox 360 and PS3. It will have 4 peripherals: 2 Guitars(bass and lead,) a drum set, and a microphone for the lead singer. Basically, you start a band, and play the game. You can form a band online or offline, but I'm not sure how they can fit all 4 tracks on one TV screen. You can download new songs in addition to the original songs, and they will be the band itself, not covers like in Guitar Hero.

As of April 1, the bands Joan Jett, the Allman Brothers Band, Nirvana, and Wolfmother have been confirmed. They are in negotiation with every major record company for music, and they all seem cool with it.

site-http://www.rockbandgame.com

So, I'm going to get this. It's gonna be expensive, but the cost will be split up between 4 people, so it shouldn't be that bad. It's going to be one of the greatest games ever.

EDIT: Sorry if this was a repaeat.

A game where 4 players is mandatory =\ I can't see this game as being that much of a hit, but then again I would've said the same about Guitar Hero before it was released. I'll stick to actual instruments.

Shouldn't this be under renaissance?

Sorry, it should be in Renaissance. Can a mod move this for me?

I don't think that needing 4 people is that bad if you can play online. And although it's not confirmed, you'll probably be allowed to play just one instrument by yourself like in Guitar Hero.

yeah it doesn't say that 4 players is manditory from what I can see.

If its anything like Guitar Hero (I should be) then it will be amazing

Yeah I heard about this, this will kick ass beyond belief. We should get a smogon band going!
I can play guitar/bass pretty good(beat GH2 on expert, am about halfway through 5 starring every song.)

Anyway, there's going to be a matchmaking service sort of like Halo 2's. So, it would be pretty easy to start a band.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)