RMT- This is How Men DragMag

Tired of seeing DragMag teams that are "balanced" and "viable"? Worry no more! With my team, you have them drags and them mags, and that's it! This team has been tested, with about a 60% winrate, a crippling SR weakness in Char, and so many dead stupid Ferrothorns.

Without further adieu, here is How Men DragMag:

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon

Kind of self explanatory, the Mag part of a DragMag team and also a solid special attacker. He uses magnet pull to trap an opposing steel-type and then HP Fire to finish it. As bad as Steel's coverage is, he has very few options, and an electric move on a powerful special electric type because common sense. Volt Switch to play switchy games with your opponent.

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Naughty Nature
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam

Kyuby because he's 3stronk5you, and Steels are about the only thing he can't smash-killstroy. Outrage because I need to turn everything that doesn't resist into powder. Fusion Bolt because it's the only worthwhile physical move other than dragon moves. Earth power to hit Rotoms and other things that have a chronic fear of the ground. Ice Beam for the STAB base 90 power move that comes off 120 SpAtk and has near-perfect coverage with fusion Bolt. Life orb because MOAR POWER PLS, but I'm open to suggestions. Maybe sub, but idk

Latios (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Tailwind

Here to outspeed and smash up things on the special side. Specs to boost power. Draco Meteor, Psyshock and Surf all together provide good coverage, so Tailwind is for when he's about to die and I want to avenge some Pokemans with Kyuby. It actually works well to finish weakened teams.

Kingdra @ Scope Lens
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Focus Energy
- Surf
- Ice Beam

CritDra, for those who don't know, is absurd and smashes everything, so I figured I might as well add him to break defensive boosters(however rare), crush teams that can't kill him, and generally fuck shit up. I might be willing to replace with something faster, as he dies a bunch too.

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Obligatory Mega, figured my team needs more dragon. Also serves as Official Vice President of the Kill Steels Committee(he never shuts up about that). I have no idea how to use him, so Dragon Fire for near-perfect coverage, DD to take advantage of set up opportunities. Roost in case I'm hurt bad after a DD.

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
- Stone Edge

My revenge killer of Choice(get it?), a good speed tier when scarfed means not much to worry about speed-wise, Rough Skin because I'm not literally Satan. I'm sure there is plenty of redundant coverage here, so I am completely open to suggestions on better moves.

Last edited:
Azzumarill with superpower paired with spdef togekiss can absolutely destroy your team
I recommend adding mega Scizor to your team because he can tank any attack they have
Besides the togekiss rare flamethrower which you can easily scout for switch it for charizard x which is rather unnescary as its coverage over laps

Only a few small things, due to already having bulk I would recommend a small speed creep on your magnezone. On your kingdra I definitely would run swift swim over sniper being a rain team, and if you do run sniper you should run 252+ speed. Finally I would definitely run mega-scizor> charizard x however if you keep char x I would run Defog> tailwind.

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Only a few small things, due to already having bulk I would recommend a small speed creep on your magnezone. On your kingdra I definitely would run swift swim over sniper being a rain team, and if you do run sniper you should run 252+ speed. Finally I would definitely run mega-scizor> charizard x however if you keep char x I would run Defog> tailwind.
The speed your looking for on magnezone is 84 speed EV's at least(to outspeed skarmory 0 speed before it can get off a roost).

Sniper is definitely the better option on Kingdra due to the lack of rain on your team( keep it as is) but definitely change to a + speed nature though as Latios won't always be able to tailwind.

I definitely agree with extremespeed7 on the mega scizor though, Drag mag generally isn't a strategy that switches a lot but scizor will open that option up if you need a pivot or a hazard remover and Critdra doubles as second steel murderer so it won't hurt that much if megazard leaves.

Also, dragon and ice coverage is abit redundant on Kingdra, I suggest Hp fire over ice beam just for insurance against ferrothorn if magnezone bites the dust prematurely.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)