RMT Tag Filter

Audiosurfer

I'd rather be sleeping
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
When I'm in RMT it can be really irritating when I'm looking for RMTs for certain tiers only but they aren't readily available on the first page for me to click on the tag. It makes it really hard to find RMTs for tiers like Doubles where there aren't a bunch of RMTs coming out of it all the time. Some people proposed making a seperate subforum for it but I'd think a more elegant solution would be to just have some sort of way to be able to select a tag to filter through RMTs with (so for example I'd select the Doubles tag somewhere at the top and it would filter out all RMTs not tagged w/ the Doubles tag). Ik the other tiers forum could be a thing again but even then the problem could still arise so I'd think that it would be a good idea regardless

Arkian

this is the state of grace
is a Contributor Alumnus
Also, can we have a UU tag?? Many people are starting to post UU RMTs and they get lost within the mass of OU RMTs :o

~thanks :)

Last edited:

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
FIREMAGE IS A FREAKING NINJA OMG LOL!!!

I went to google if there were any plugins for this before I came across http://xenforo.com/help/thread-prefixes/

However, since Audiosurfer made this suggestion already, I'm going to suggest something else instead. Can we move the thread display options to the top and make it shown by default instead of being hidden because it's at a really inconspicuous place and not many will play with the settings there. By putting it to the top and making it seen, it's pretty much similar to what we had on vB and doesn't take a lot of space. Doing this will definitely help other users unaware of this feature as well. /me tag Joim

Joim is this easily doable and do you think this will be better?

Joim

Here's some screen shots of what thread display options look like now:

Right now, the thread display options are buried at the bottom of the page, and you have to click this almost invisible thread display options button to get to them. I think what sandshrewz is suggesting is moving the thread display options to the top of the page and making it so they are automatically expanded by default (the second screenshot) instead of automatically hidden (the first screenshot).

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Oh, yeah, that can be easily moved. Let me take a look at it, even though I'd like others opinion on the matter (like chaos / Zracknel maybe), but I agree it's probably a good idea.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)