Other Metagames RMT Anything Goes (Using no Legendaries)

Want some opinions on my team. I know I am crippling myself by not using legends like Mega-Ray/Primal-G/Darkrai but I feel better playing like this so please don't recommend any legendaries.

Aegislash (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- King's Shield
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance
- Sacred Sword

Summery: Needed something to dodge extreme speed users aswell as add a damaging threat to the team [1] Covers the teams weakness to Mega Gengar, break stalls, and add some utility in SD and Sacred Sword. [2] Shadow sneak for Priority STAB because his base speed is low. Sword Dance to breaks stalls and have a move to 50/50 with Kings Shield and make it harder to guess. Sacred Sword for coverage and Evasion/Baton Pass Users. [3]

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Minimize
- Toxic

Summery: Strongest wall that can become a dodge tank with evasion. [1] Walls out Xerneas and Primal Kyoger and becomes a WinCon if evasion x6 is reached. [2] Seismic Toss as her only threatening damage move and toxic to break opposing stalls. Evasion to make her a setup sweeper with enough luck. [3]

Klefki (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 132 SpD
Calm Nature
- Foul Play
- Thunder Wave
- Swagger
- Substitute

Summery: Secondary spdef tank and kills of setup sweepers [1] My answer to Ex Speed Arceus and Mega-Ray through Swagger/Foul Play and Darkrai through substitute. [2] Normal SwagPlay set and T-Wave to cripple sweepers. [3]

Hippowdon (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind

Summery: Needed a Pdef Wall. [1] Only pdef wall I've found that can last more then 2 turns against P-Grou and SD Arceus, still can't stop Mega-Ray though, usually getting 2HKO. [2] Stealth Rock and Sandstorm for chip damage, EQ for STAB that can threaten Prim-G. Whirlwind to force out setup sweepers and Baton Passers [3]

Blaziken (F) @ Blazikenite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Baton Pass
- High Jump Kick
- Protect

Summery: Revenge Killer and Fire/Fighting Coverage. [1] Kills off weakened Sweepers and gives the team physical threat. [2] Flare Blitz and HJK for coverage, Protect to Mega evolve and stall for Increased speed, Baton Pass because I couldn't find a better move, creates a small amt of momentum and helps walls recover more reliably. [3]

Greninja (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Hydro Pump
- Taunt

Summery: Water Coverage and all around good opening. [1] Used for entry Hazards and Stop setups like Darkrai and Arcues. [2] Generally get two turns of toxic spikes with the help of Focus Sash. Taunt is to prevent others from using him as setup Fodder while getting his own entry hazards out. Spikes if I suspect there are focus sashes on the opposing team. Hydro Pump for coverage and damage if Greninja gets taunted or completes setup without dieing.

Additional Notes: Combines to make a psuedo-Stall team with Chansey and Klefki being the most consistant "sweeper". Teams biggest Weaknesses are Lum Berry Mega-Ray and Primal-G. Team is also greatly hampered by defog and rapid spin as it makes Greninja a non-factor. I'm most willing to give up Aegislash but I've yet to find anying that can also break Iron defense stalls (Since I have no special Sweeper) or a way to stop Mega-Gengar outside lucky guesses. Currently hovering in 1600s but rarely break into 1700 and don't stay there for long.

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey dude. Not to be rude, but an ag team won't ever be viable without legendaries. Hippowdon is outclassed time and time again by arc ground (and even pdon). Sash Greninja is horrible and usually deo-a is a better lead although if you're set on tspikes Cloyster is a decent non legendary suicide lead. Blaziken is meh, though it would fit spikes ho, and Chansey is viable on stall (absolutely not the ho the suicide lead and blaziken would go with) but not with minimize. Offensive aegislash is flat out unviable. Overall, this team needs too much work to rate and ag isnt the tier for you if you don't like using legends.

If it's a personal challenge for you to do good in ag, by all means go at it if it entertains you. But this forum is for competitive teams, and this team is not competitively viable. We only rate teams trying to do good in a meta, not gimmicks like no legends. And fwiw, keep it offensive or stall regardless. Don't have shit like suicide lead + chansey and hippo; they are slow weak things people can defog on for free.

Last edited:
Hey dude. Not to be rude, but an ag team won't ever be viable without legendaries. Hippowdon is outclassed time and time again by arc ground (and even pdon). Sash Greninja is horrible and usually deo-a is a better lead although if you're set on tspikes Cloyster is a decent non legendary suicide lead. Blaziken is meh, though it would fit spikes ho, and Chansey is viable on stall (absolutely not the ho the suicide lead and blaziken would go with) but not with minimize. Offensive aegislash is flat out unviable. Overall, this team needs too much work to rate and ag isnt the tier for you if you don't like using legends.

If it's a personal challenge for you to do good in ag, by all means go at it if it entertains you. But this forum is for competitive teams, and this team is not competitively viable. We only rate teams trying to do good in a meta, not gimmicks like no legends. And fwiw, keep it offensive or stall regardless. Don't have shit like suicide lead + chansey and hippo; they are slow weak things people can defog on for free.
I don't understand. Is top 200-300 on the ladder not considered competetive?

If it was just toxic spikes I would have switched Greninja long ago, it's purely because he is also my only taunt user and AG has tons of setup leads like Smergle, Darkrai, Xerneas. I am aware hippowdon is not a great tank compare to legends but I couldn't find another non-legend pdef wall. If you are aware of one please let me know. As for aegislash I would greatly welcome a replacement as the only rea son he is there is because I haven't found anything to full his hole. I use him in maybe 1/8 battles that don't involve Mega Gengar, Ferrothorn, or Chessnaught.

Last edited:

Sylveon.

Penny saved is still a fucking penny
I don't understand. Is top 200-300 on the ladder not considered competetive?

If it was just toxic spikes I would have switched Greninja long ago, it's purely because he is also my only taunt user and AG has tons of setup leads like Smergle, Darkrai, Xerneas. I am aware hippowdon is not a great tank compare to legends but I couldn't find another non-legend pdef wall. If you are aware of one please let me know. As for aegislash I would greatly welcome a replacement as the only rea son he is there is because I haven't found anything to full his hole. I use him in maybe 1/8 battles that don't involve Mega Gengar, Ferrothorn, or Chessnaught.
Hey man, I have to agree with Josh here, most of your mons have roles which could be performed much much better by other stuff. Greninja as a lead is too slow for offensive teams(specially in a tier where we have deoxys forms which can effortlessly out-taunt you and no you don't stop darkrai, it's faster than you), and also many legendaries like ho-oh, to some extent pdon, pogre etc and even mega sableye can 6-0 your team. Also this is AG we are talking about, hippo doesn't take hits well like it would in OU for eg. it gets 2hkoed to uninvested lava plume from pdon on the switch, so that basically takes away your check to it after which it 6-0s you. (Also speed boost blaziken is pretty redundant here, as you have zero offensive mons which appreciate the speed, giving speed to a wall so that it heals faster doesn't count)
This is why the team is branded "not competitive", but if you ever want to build a good team, or need any help in at least rating a viable team, we are always here to help. :)

Also 200-300 on ladder while commendable while using such an out-classed team, but still isn't good enough as AG low ladder is really bad. But anyways, if you feel you want to use this team, who's stopping you, have fun :).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)