Rise of Dick Pinch

• A quick look

Introduction
        Hi everyone, this is my first ever rmt :o. ive been playing competitively since near the end of b/w2, but never done on of these before. anyways this is my bulky offence team that ive been using for a while, based around a mega pinsir sweep. I've had great success with it, getting 35-5 on the ou ladder, but there are still some glaring weaknesses id like to fix on my team, so any and all suggestions will be apreciated :D.

Team-building Process

I wanted to make a team centered around mega pinsir sweeping, so he was my first choice. Pinsir is great this gen thanks to its mega evo, 155 with Aerilate is just crazy and it has 105 speed which is great meaning it just outspeeds mega-zards and other base 100 speeds.

i realised that mega pinsir is walled by very few things, and so i got a kyurem-black to wall break and set up subs on the few good pinsir counters: (rotom-w, skarmory, zapdos). Kyurem B's main niche this gen is because of its great ability, teravolt which is unique to it and its stats allow it to run a mixed set to wallbreak and also be able to set up subs.

I badly needed a spinner/defogger at this stage because Kyurem-B and Pinsir are both weak to rocks, so i picked my personal favourite mandibuzz. Mandibuzz has such great bulk and it can run knock off/foul play, both great moves on it. I realized my team was incredibly rock weak, and lacked a scarfer, so i got a scarf chomp because it also works well with mandibuzz.

Next came av conk, I feel like his real role is just to take hits and deal them back much harder. My team was really fairy weak and had no way of dealing with things like sylveon. I decided to replace scarf chomp with scarf genesect to relieve the issue, as well as forming a nice volt turn core with rotom and mandibuzz.

Rotom-Wash may seem just obvious to have because everyone else is using it, but Rotom-Wash is just so good this gen. I could run hundreds of calculations just to prove to you how essential Rotom-Wash is the best pokemon in OU this generation, but to sum it up quickly, it can run multiple sets that all have different roles making it unpredictable, and also has a great movepool along with great stats allowing to counter all the the top ou threats.

A closer look

Dick Pinch (Pinsir) (M)
        Pinsirite
        Ability: Mold Breaker
        EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
        Jolly Nature (
        +Spd, -SAtk)
        - Swords Dance
        - Return
        - Earthquake
        - Quick Attack
        The star of the team. Mega pinsir is a god like sweeper with 80 power priority, access 2 sd and a 200 power return. Earthquake is for steels and electrics, and with this coverage almost nothing can switch into him, and the rest of the team helps support this guy's sweep. Mold breaker allows me to beat rotom-w on occasion, as a plus 2 earthquake ohkos physically defensive rotom-w.

Genesect
        Choice Scarf
        Ability: Download
        EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
        Hasty Nature (
        +Spd, -Def)
        - U-turn
        - Iron Head
        - Ice Beam
        - Flamethrower
      • My scarfer/revenger/momenentum gatherer, i find genesect just so useful. U-turn is the main move on the set, working well in conjunction with rotom and mandibuzz. Ice beam and flamethrower are for coverage, and iron head is to deal with fairies, who otherwise cause no end of grief for my team.

• Magmoth (Kyurem-Black) (M)
        Leftovers
        Ability: Teravolt
        EVs: 56 HP / 216 SAtk / 236 Spd
        Mild Nature (
        +SAtk, -Def)
        - Substitute
        - Fusion Bolt
        - Ice Beam
        - Earth Power
      • Kyurem-b is my wall breaker. he can easily set up a sub on ou's most common pokemon (rotom-w) and just about any safe pinsir switch in is decimated by this guy (zapdos, skarmory, donphan etc). 56 hp evs gives me 101 hp subs, 236 speed evs outruns base 90's and the rest in special attack for power.

• Rotom-Wash
        Chesto Berry
        Ability: Levitate
        EVs: EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 38 SDef
        Bold Nature (
        +Def, -Atk)
        IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Spd

- Rest
        - Will-O-Wisp

- Volt Switch
        - Hydro Pump

Probably the best pokemon in ou atm. Rotom-w walls a tonne of stuff in ou and is basically free momentum with volt switch. I use 30 speed ivs so that im always slower than other rotom-w's and volt switch out last, giving me the momentum. I prefer rest > pain split due to it removing status once, which can be very helpful with things like gliscor.

Hooker (Mandibuzz) (F)
        Leftovers
        Ability: Overcoat
        EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
        Careful Nature (
        +SDef, -SAtk)
        - Defog
        - Roost

- Foul Play
        - U-turn

My defogger and special wall, i absolutely love this thing. its bulky as all hell and can beat set up sweepers with foul play. U-turn is often unexpected, and its so great when they switch something in on mandibuzz and i u-turn out, giving me momentum throughout the match.

Bongos (Conkeldurr) (M)
        Assault Vest
        Ability: Guts
        EVs: 208 HP / 252 Atk / 48 SDef
        Adamant Nature (
        +Atk, -SAtk)
        - Drain Punch
        - Mach Punch

- Ice Punch
        - Knock Off

Assault vest conkeldurr is a beastly tank. He can take practiacally any attack with ease and just drain punch the damage off. Mach punch is handy priority and knock off can criple various defencive pokemon. I use ice punch for lando-t/gliscor. Conkeldurr has very good synergy with kyurem-black, beating chansey/blissey easily, while kyurem beats skarmory and venusaur, some of the few good conk counters.

Importable

Dick Pinch (Pinsir) (M) @ Pinsirite
        Ability: Mold Breaker
        EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
        Jolly Nature
        - Swords Dance
        - Return
        - Earthquake
        - Quick Attack

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
        Ability: Download
        EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
        Hasty Nature
        - U-turn
        - Iron Head
        - Ice Beam
        - Flamethrower

Magmoth (Kyurem-Black) @ Leftovers
        Ability: Teravolt
        EVs: 56 HP / 216 SAtk / 236 Spd
        Mild Nature
        - Substitute
        - Fusion Bolt
        - Ice Beam
        - Earth Power

Rotom-Wash @ Chesto Berry
        Ability: Levitate
        EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 38 SDef
        Bold Nature
        IVs: 30 Spd
        - Rest
        - Will-O-Wisp
        - Volt Switch
        - Hydro Pump

Hooker (Mandibuzz) (F) @ Leftovers
        Ability: Overcoat
        EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
        Careful Nature
        - Defog
        - Roost
        - Foul Play
        - U-turn

Mr Bonko (Conkeldurr) (M) @ Assault Vest
        Ability: Guts
        EVs: 208 HP / 252 Atk / 48 SDef
        Adamant Nature
        - Drain Punch
        - Mach Punch
        - Ice Punch
        - Knock Off

[*]

Last edited:

Dread Arceus

total cockhead
Hey, nice team! (This is Dread Arceus btw). The main thing's I'm seeing wrong right now is 3 Rock weaknesses and no resists, as well as 3 Fairy weaknesses and only 1 resist. This means mons like Terrakion, Azumarill, and Sylveon can come in and launch powerful attacks. My suggestion is that you swap Kyurem-B for Bronzong. While you lose out on Kyurem-B's wallbreaking potential, your weaknesses are greatly lessened, with only a Fire weakness leftover (and a defensive mon to sponge those Fire-type hits). Also, Bronzong gives you Stealth Rocks, something your team would love for softening up Mega Pinsir checks. Set:

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate (Heatproof could also work if you find that Fire weakness is too much)
EVs: 244 HP / 176 Def / 88 SDef
IVs: 0 Spd
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Protect
- Toxic
(Note that it can run a Dual Screens set you might find interesting, though your team is probably better off with the SR set).
Pros: SR, helps with Rock and Fairy weaknesses
Cons: Fire weakness, less wallbreaking potential, Rotom-W now only has 1 check (Conkeldurr)
Also, change Genesect's Iron Head to Thunderbolt. Thunderbolt allows for better coverage and hits 2/3 of the OU Fairies for super effective damage anyways, and it lets you damage bulky waters (Energy Ball also works here to beat things like Gastro and the wicked Rotom-W).
Finally, just a small thing, but I'd suggest moving 4 EVs from HP to Def on Mandibuzz, to give you an odd numbered HP (meaning less damage from SR).
Hope I helped =]

EDIT: Try Frustration with 1 Happiness over Return, as it can stop Ditto from using it to sweep you.

One thing I noticed about your team is that it is Mega-Charizard-Y weak. When it gets free turns, it is almost guaranteed kills with its fire blasts and the only fire resist you have is easily dealt with by solarbeam. To remedy this I suggest either replacing either mandibuzz with defog latias or replacing kyurem-b with a choice specs latios as your wallbreaker. It would also be nice to fit stealth rocks somewhere as your team also seems to have trouble with things like dragon dance dragonite and quiver dance volcarona.

Hey, nice team! (This is Dread Arceus btw). The main thing's I'm seeing wrong right now is 3 Rock weaknesses and no resists, as well as 3 Fairy weaknesses and only 1 resist. This means mons like Terrakion, Azumarill, and Sylveon can come in and launch powerful attacks. My suggestion is that you swap Kyurem-B for Bronzong. While you lose out on Kyurem-B's wallbreaking potential, your weaknesses are greatly lessened, with only a Fire weakness leftover (and a defensive mon to sponge those Fire-type hits). Also, Bronzong gives you Stealth Rocks, something your team would love for softening up Mega Pinsir checks. Set:

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate (Heatproof could also work if you find that Fire weakness is too much)
EVs: 244 HP / 176 Def / 88 SDef
IVs: 0 Spd
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Protect
- Toxic
(Note that it can run a Dual Screens set you might find interesting, though your team is probably better off with the SR set).
Pros: SR, helps with Rock and Fairy weaknesses
Cons: Fire weakness, less wallbreaking potential, Rotom-W now only has 1 check (Conkeldurr)
Also, change Genesect's Iron Head to Thunderbolt. Thunderbolt allows for better coverage and hits 2/3 of the OU Fairies for super effective damage anyways, and it lets you damage bulky waters (Energy Ball also works here to beat things like Gastro and the wicked Rotom-W).
Finally, just a small thing, but I'd suggest moving 4 EVs from HP to Def on Mandibuzz, to give you an odd numbered HP (meaning less damage from SR).
Hope I helped =]

EDIT: Try Frustration with 1 Happiness over Return, as it can stop Ditto from using it to sweep you.
Conkeldurr resists rock attacks, and I feel that between M-Pinsir's quick attack, Conk's Mach/Drain Punch, Scarf Genesect's Iron head, and Rotom-W, I don't think it's a good idea to drop half of the well proven and amazing M-Pinsir + Kyurem-B core just to counter Terrakion a little bit better when it's not all that common in OU right now anyways. Besides, I would think that many people would be forced to bring in their Terrakion to break Kyurem's sub if it can get one up, which it shouldn't have too much trouble doing, just because of the amazing offensive presence Kyu-B has behind a sub.

Last edited:
yeah my main weaknesses are charizard y and azumarill :/ i really can't take away kyurem, he's just so good. I'm thinking of replacing mandibuzz, most likely with latias for charizard y. also in case the suspect test bans genesect (please god no) I'm thinking of a mixed aegislash as a replacement

Pretty solid team! The only real problems I see are Pokemon such as Azumarill and Mega-Zard Y. Both can come in on a safe switch and really punch holes through the team. Nothing on your team enjoys taking a banded Play Rough from Azumarill. As for Mega-Zard Y, Mandibuzz and Conkeldurr can sponge a few hits, but it will definitely leave a mark. Alternatively, I suggest trying out Aegislash to patch up your Azumarilll weakness. Aegislash also provides the team with a bit more bulk to take on things like banded Dnite locked in on Outrage. Also, change the EV spread on Conkeldurr to 252 Atk / 244 SDef / 12 Def. This allows Conk to take special hits better while retaining maximum power. 12 Defense EVs gives Genesect a SpA boost which Conk doesn't mind.

252 SpA Life Orb Latios Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 244 SpD Assault Vest Conkeldurr: 192-227 (54.7 - 64.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Latios Draco Meteor vs. 208 HP / 48 SpD Assault Vest Conkeldurr: 243-289 (60.2 - 71.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Overall a pretty well rounded team!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)